Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Multi-Grain Cheerios "Whole Grain.  Whole Grain."
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multi-Grain Cheerios "Whole Grain. Whole Grain."

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multi-Grain Cheerios "Whole Grain. Whole Grain."
    Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:26pm

Things that bug the hell out of me about this ad:

*"Beth's" stupid little pose when her phony friend points out that she's "looking good!"  (Notice, too, that the ad begins with the friend checking out Beth's...shall we say...assets?)

*The smug look on Beth's face as she lectures the friend "Whole grain...whole grain."  Unnecessary repetition is SO UNBELIEVABLY condescending!

*Beth standing in her perfect kitchen (who the hell STANDS to eat cereal?) looking so self-absorbed she just might implode on herself.  She obviously loves herself too much to be able to maintain a friendship.

Beth's one redeeming quality: at least she donated her old clothes rather than tossing them.  I hope she puts the weight back on and has nothing to wear, though.

This ad ranks right up there with Cheerios' past cream of the crud (the yummy waitress, p*ssy-whipped Steve, the dinosaur-in-the-box kid, etc.).  Why is it that they always have to be SO DAMN OBNOXIOUS?!
Sponsored Links

pickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 12:07pm
I think she's thin enough now to get stuffed in that dumpster.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:29pm
Next time I lose some weight and someone notices, I think I'm gonna say "You noticed?", and do that little hip tilt curtsy thing that Beth does.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 3:13pm

Right.

Next time *I* lose weight (fat chance) and someone notices, I'll simply say, " Gee, Thanks! Actually, I started rapidly losing weight *before* I started eating whole grain Cheerios - and you know what? No matter how much I eat, I simply cannot seem to shake this darned sickness -  I don't *think* I'm contagious, anymore...". Maybe I'll attempt a curtsy and purposely fall over and cough a few times...and then ask them if I can borrow a cup of sugar.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Adgie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 9:54am
This one always makes me laugh when it comes on because the first thing you see is Beth's ass bent over, leaving me to assume that the other lady recognized her by her ass.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 7:58pm
I know, right? I noticed this today. I thought, wow. She recognized her ass. 
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 1:22am
The newest one is really quite irritating... woman fits into her daughter's jeans and then imagines she's accepting an award of some sort and saying "I'd like to thank... whole grains, eating right, exercise, my bowl, my spoon..." and then her daughter snaps her back to reality and says "Why are you wearing my jeans?" Like the only way a woman will ever be happy is if she's able to fit into her daughter's jeans.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 1:51am
Cheerios have been whole-grain for their ENTIRE EXISTENCE! So have most cereals for that matter. I really don't understand why cereal ad agencies have all turned into whole-grain whores all of a sudden.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 2:42am
Because magazines, Oprah, Doctor Oz, The View, and every half-baked celebrity with a half-way decent body like to pretend that certain foods are NECESSARY for weightloss.

So pretending you're part of that 'healthy' foodgroup is beneficial.

The irony being that Whole grain=gluten, which is the new evil-of-the-week.
TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 5:27am
I used to see this commercial all the time and it started to piss me off. Commercials that involve weight loss products these days are just plain stupid, annoying, overplayed and their advertising is obviously false. I hate commercials like this that involve weight loss, especially when its women in it. Since she is skinny now I would like to throw her into that donation box in the commercial and donate her to charity for whoever I was donating to to just laugh at her stupidity.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 3:22pm
In the 80s, "Whole Grain" was called "Oat Bran"! Wink
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
sjh4889 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjh4889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 3:28pm
Ugh, this ad was hate at first sight for me.; As if the unecessary repitition of "whole grain" like it's some kind of zen mantra wasn't bad enough, the redhead's nasally voice drives me nuts. Why do ad execs seem to get actors with the most irritating voices for this stupid commercials?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic