Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allstate - My Bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allstate - My Bad
    Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 8:16pm
I wouldn't want auto insurance called the "Allstate Value Plan." 

Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 9:14pm
I hope you have good car insurance, not some cut rate policy.

No, I have uninsured motorists insurance and I hit you from behind. See ya...
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 10:10pm
This is plain stupid who would think dubbing in Dennis Haysbert's voice would be funny, it isn't it's stupid.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 1:52pm
As I said in a thread I started before I realized this one existed, whats up with the "....and you still get an All State Agent!" part?

As opposed to what? Not having an agent? I'm almost curious to know how much coverage this value plan actually provides.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 3:04pm
I hate not only the voice over, but the way it ends.  "It's like we're connected!" "No we're not!" "Yes we are!"

Reminds me of that stupid Hanes "Bacon Neck" commercial with the douchebag's back & forth with MJ.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 6:37pm
At least Allstate still isn't even near the level of Progressive or Geico in terms of bad commercials.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 6:50pm
^That's true; personally, I wish Geico would quit mailing us and begging for our business. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 11:18pm
I am so annoyed with all the new ads these days. Thank God for premium channels and decent weather to get out in.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 9:15am
I'm not sure who I would punch in the balls harder: the hippie douche or the stuck up rich old f*ck.  Decisions, decisions. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 2:55am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I'm not sure who I would punch in the balls harder: the hippie douche or the stuck up rich old f*ck.  Decisions, decisions. 
Its simple. The hippie guy.
i8thepie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8thepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 7:34am
Id punch neither lol. For one the hippie probably has amazing weed and other drugs and two the rich guy could get me a job as his whatever ramble ramble.... lol but yeah this commercial is nowhere near as bad as a lot of other crap being forced on me..... GEICO!!!
"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button." - Sam Levenson
bluestate69 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluestate69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 10:43am
i hate both of the people in this commercial. however, i really hate the stereotypes and assumptions this makes about people. so the rich guy refuses to be "connected" to the hippy. he seems to be against the idea that anything could possibly be shared between two human beings in a chance encounter. we're supposed to believe that he is successful in business, and in order to do that, you must lose most of what makes you human. and the hippy? he is so connected to the world ,and everything cosmic, that of course he is a poor bum. and what is up with the old rich guy saying "i too have allstate"!? who talks like that? 
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 10:06pm
Hold it! Hold it! What the hell do you mean by that?! You actually believe that Geico and Progressive has more annoying ads? I rather have a perky chatty woman with a 60's era beehive hairdo and a talking lizard any day.  At least they don't fear you into buying their bullsh*t with an evil prick mascot and Dennis Haysbert saying that young people on a budget eat nothing but Ramen noodles every night in a condescending tone that's otherwise insulting. The other companies don't use the term "cut-rate". The way I see it that some insurance is a hell of a lot better than no insurance at all.

Give me a break!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:37am
Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

Hold it! Hold it! What the hell do you mean by that?! You actually believe that Geico and Progressive has more annoying ads? I rather have a perky chatty woman with a 60's era beehive hairdo and a talking lizard any day.  At least they don't fear you into buying their bullsh*t with an evil prick mascot and Dennis Haysbert saying that young people on a budget eat nothing but Ramen noodles every night in a condescending tone that's otherwise insulting. The other companies don't use the term "cut-rate". The way I see it that some insurance is a hell of a lot better than no insurance at all.

Give me a break!

Allstate is easy to forgive after its awesome "Mayhem" series.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

Give me a break!

Allstate is easy to forgive after its awesome "Mayhem" series.
No, they aren't. "Mayhem" series was amusing, but the cut rate crap? Horrible.
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 4:30pm
I think "Mayhem" is hot, but that's been debated elsewhere.  ;)

Why is the Businessman/Asshole stereotype so freaked out? Even if the Hippie has "cut-rate" insurance, Businessman/Asshole has been hit from BEHIND.  The Hippie even admits guilt: "My bad" is the first thing out of his mouth. So Businessman/Asshole will get his car fixed for sure. "Cut Rate" just means that the DRIVER (Hippie), won't get HIS car paid fixed. It's just basic liability.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 1:49am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Its simple. The hippie guy.

Upon further consideration...Definitely.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 8:25am
Just on a technical note, the first thing the "hippy" probably shouldn't say in an accident is "My Bad". Even if you knew you were in the wrong, the insurance companies don't like it when you volunteer incriminating evidence. And on that note, does anyone know how it works when both parties are represented by the same agent and insurance company? From what I understand one agent\company does their best to pay the least, and the other does their best to get the most. In other words there is a conflict of interest. It seems that the Hippy would win in this circumstance, as it would probably be in Allstate's financial interests to say "accident, what accident?"    
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 4:52pm
Yes, the commercial's concept is stupid in general, but what really bothers me about this one is the hippie douchebag. Why do we keep putting ridiculous looking hipster stoner bums in commercials? Do they really think that their key demographic is a bunch of unemployed, unshaven Occupy trash that probably doesn't care enough to drive with insurance anyway?
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

Just on a technical note, the first thing the "hippy" probably shouldn't say in an accident is "My Bad". Even if you knew you were in the wrong, the insurance companies don't like it when you volunteer incriminating evidence. 

That's something that possibly saved me from a claim filed on me for only 1 car instead of 2.  I was behind a car who was behind another car.  The car in the front stopped to make a left turn, got rear ended by the car in front of me, then I ran into him.  The middle car's insurance company would've tried to make a case that my hitting him is what rammed him into the car in front, but at the scene he admitted to hitting the front car first, then was hit from behind by me.  So my insurance only had to pay for the rear damage, which was pretty minor.

"Small world" side note - This was my senior year in High School, and that year I sat at the same table during lunch with the kid in the middle since we had a mutual friend, and the girl in the front I'd known since 2nd grade. 

aycorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aycorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 1:01am
While I freely admit this is an unbearable commercial - let me get this straight....

You hate the hippie - who is polite, friendly, and taking full responsibility for his mistake, more than the uptight old guy who is rude and judgmental?

So, rude and judgmental trumps polite, friendly, and honest ... if the polite, friendly, and honest person has long hair and a beard?

Yeah, that makes sense.

PS - many long-haired and bearded men are employed.  Often quite gainfully.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 2:01am
Originally posted by aycorn aycorn wrote:

While I freely admit this is an unbearable commercial - let me get this straight....

You hate the hippie - who is polite, friendly, and taking full responsibility for his mistake, more than the uptight old guy who is rude and judgmental?

So, rude and judgmental trumps polite, friendly, and honest ... if the polite, friendly, and honest person has long hair and a beard?

Yeah, that makes sense.

PS - many long-haired and bearded men are employed.  Often quite gainfully.

WinkLOLneeehhhhh...not really. Some of us are old enough to have been on 'both sides of the fence'; personally, I see neither in any 'certain light'. Just two different kinds of insured folk, insured by the same company. The REAL question one might ask is, well...if ALLSTATE supports both kinds of policies, what are the major differences, much less, why should either of the insured feel 'better' about having the same company and same agent? Why can't "the old guy' have the discount insurance, eh? Why can't HE tell your 'hippie' that HE has a discount plan? What should happen then?
This commercial is just kind of silly and confusing for that very reason.
It is all good and fine that Allstate offers young drivers a decent policy at a price that they can afford; believe me - it is understood that young drivers pay more due to the simple risk some present (unfortunately, all tend to pay for the acts of a few).

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 4:29am
Maybe appearances are deceiving:  The hippie is a dot.com billionaire, and the old guy dresses up nice (even though he'll have to change into a smock later for his part-time job as a Wal-mart greeter....)

The "Allstate Value Plan"  =  The "Happy Meal" of insurance plans ?   LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

...The "Allstate Value Plan"  =  The "Happy Meal" of insurance plans ?   LOL
LOLTHAT would be Esurance ("An Allstate Company") - the "Allstate Value Plan" provides an AGENT! (that's one of the benefits a 'dot.com billionaire' can afford to splurge on)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:25am
I hate it. But for different reasons. The biggest thing is the "mish mash" throw together of the young guy. Not really a hippie, not really a hipster. Just something some clueless ad folk thought was cool to wear. Plus the hat. SO 1997. I dunno, just sloppy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic