Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan's Newest (VIDEO)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan's Newest (VIDEO)
    Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 8:51pm
Why not mention things about your truck instead of having "airliners land in the bed" or in this case,
doing barrel rolls down a hill.Confused
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:27am
Another stupid commercial inspiring idiots to do dumb things, and how is all that CGI crap going to get me to buy a Nissan Frontier? It doesn't.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:23am
Big smileThat looked just like what a Texan in a pickemup truck and a 6-pack does right after his famous last words, "Hey y'all WATCH THIS!".
Things generally end MUCH worse.
No snow.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:42pm
Fantasy? Whose? Nissan's? Enjoy your stupid fantasy.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 6:05pm
So unbelievably STUPID.  I do not understand who this is supposed to be appealing to.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big smileThat looked just like what a Texan in a pickemup truck and a 6-pack does right after his famous last words, "Hey y'all WATCH THIS!".
Things generally end MUCH worse.
No snow.

You forgot: "Here, hold my beer."   It's too bad Nissan has to resort to these kind of commercials to "advertise" the Frontier. I wouldn't mind getting one, but this doesn't make me visit a dealer. 
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 7:48pm
I hate the guy who says "Are you getting this?" as much as I hate the pointing woman who goes "Babe. Look" at their runway landing gear ad. And then the whooping idiots at the end, I want to strangle.
buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm
I'm confused by what the ad execs are trying to convey. They show the trucks doing things that are impossible to do, in order to show what exactly? That they run on magic and fairy dust? That they have the best CGI artists? That they don't know what the hell physics are? Confused
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 10:27pm
And then say "do not attempt".  Who would try doing a barrel roll anyway?
Bennett View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by buickgnx88 buickgnx88 wrote:

I'm confused by what the ad execs are trying to convey. They show the trucks doing things that are impossible to do, in order to show what exactly? That they run on magic and fairy dust? That they have the best CGI artists? That they don't know what the hell physics are? Confused

This also baffled me. You're commercial is showing something this truck cannot do. How does that sell it exactly? Although they say "do not attempt", this commercial leads one to believe this truck could survive a fall off a mountain. So if I buy one, and I do something less dangerous like jumping it off a ramp, then I have a reasonable expectation this truck and I will survive intact, correct?
SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:35am

It's only a model. 
Conforming To Abnormality
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:44am
Originally posted by SeanyGenovese SeanyGenovese wrote:

It's only a model. 

SHHH!!!!LOL
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:16pm
"On second thought let's not get a Nissan Frontier. 'Tis a silly truck.

PotsNFlotsam View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PotsNFlotsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:57pm
I think they hired the Mountain Dew jerkoffs to write this one.  Everything about it screams that lame "Extreme!" crap.  Of course it's Devil's Gorge.  Of course.
I wish the truck exploded into a thousand twisted pieces from that flat-ass landing and ol Extreme Sam emerged from the wreckage with a sucking chest wound.  That'll teach you to barrel roll (ughh) on Devil's Gorge!  Save that sh*t for Hellfire Hill son.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic