Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's "picklespicklespicklespickles..."

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's "picklespicklespicklespickles..."
    Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 4:05am
Can't find a YouTube video of this one. It goes like this...

It's the middle of the night, and there's a thunderstorm. A pregnant woman tells her husband she has a craving for pickles. So he gets in the car, in his bathrobe, and whispers out loud to himself "pickles pickles pickles pickles pickles pickles..." so he can remember. His whispering is SO... FRIGGIN'... IRRITATING... it gives me the chills! ... So anyway, he's driving in the car, still muttering "pickles" to himself, then he sees a McDonald's. Then he says "Burrrgerrrr." And he stops at McDonald's and has a burger. Then he goes home. And there's an angry wife waiting for him. He forgot the damned pickles. So he goes back outside, and AGAIN he starts muttering "pickles pickles pickles pickles pickles" (shudder) DeadDeadDead ... the end.
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 4:17am
A better version of the commercial would be if he also got HER a burger, and she was happy because 1) It had her required pickles on it, and 2) It's a *wonderful* McDonald's product.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 4:42am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Can't find a YouTube video of this one. It goes like this...

It's the middle of the night, and there's a thunderstorm. A pregnant woman tells her husband she has a craving for pickles. So he gets in the car, in his bathrobe, and whispers out loud to himself "pickles pickles pickles pickles pickles pickles..." so he can remember. His whispering is SO... FRIGGIN'... IRRITATING... it gives me the chills! ... So anyway, he's driving in the car, still muttering "pickles" to himself, then he sees

...street-walking transvestites!  Then he asks them "Anybody know where i can find some pickles?"  LOL
(Sorry, this ad just screams to have a parody made of it....)
It would end with him calling the wife from jail to come bail him out.
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 4:14pm
It'd be better if they were both zombies or something. 

"Pickles...pickles...pickles..."
Bennett View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 9:00pm

Sounds like he's really tired.  Should he be driving?

marchk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:25am
I despise this ad.  First, the guy is dumb.  Second, he is so self-centered he can't think of a pregnant spouse and instead thinks of his own stomach.  Sorry, but it isn't funny.  She's an afterthought for him.  Plus, cravings in pregnancy aren't that strong in the last trimester, I don't think.  
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 2:11am
Indeed. It bugs me though his wife's tone of voice and glare. Annoying on EVERY LEVEL.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Bennett Bennett wrote:

Sounds like he's really tired.  Should he be driving?

If a burger from McDonald's is worth more than his wife's happiness, should he even be BREEDING?
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 10:45pm
This really tells what mcdonalds thinks of their customers. First they have the "Well I'm smart enough to buy this garbage off the new dollar menu..." and then they have this bathroom wearing mental patient who has to constantly remind himself what he's going out to pick up. He's probably stoned, that would explain the burger munchies too. 
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:37pm
I get annoyed easily, but every so often a commercial goes above and beyond annoyance.  I've detested this one since the first time I heard it.  First and foremost,  I can't stand his whispered "pickle, pickles" chant.  There's something about his voice that's really irritating.  And the rest of the commercial strains believability.  Who wears a robe to the store?  Who wears a robe to the store in a downpour?  Why doesn't he get wet?

The ad annoys me so much that I couldn't even tell anyone what product McDonald's is selling.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 3:59pm
I haven't seen this one, and with any luck it will stay that way.  From the OP's description, it seems like it's about par for the McDonald's advertising course.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic