Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Citi Premiere Rewards card: lady climbing a rock
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citi Premiere Rewards card: lady climbing a rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citi Premiere Rewards card: lady climbing a rock
    Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 3:34am

I hate the singing in this ad it's breathy and light WTF?

Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 3:49am
Thanks (?) for finding this. I double triple quadruple hate the singing -- and the song itself -- too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 4:05am
ConfusedI just don't care for this commercial altogether.
When I was young and dumb, I understood and loved challenges as displayed in this commercial...they were fun.
Until now, I didn't even realize there was singing in that commercial because the horrific paranoia that sets in watching someone climb a rock for no good reason overtakes all else...all I can think about is our youngest daughter who severly enjoys and is quite the enthusiast of this dangerous sport  When I see this commercial, all I think of is HER and I get overly nervous.

I used to do it on a much smaller scale...and heck, I quit it in in favor of skydiving - THAT was MUCH safer....now I just need one good bunjie jump to fix my back...).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 6:07am
Hate the singing, hate the commercial. "Look at me! I'm a girl! I climb big bad rocks! I don't need a diamond ring! I just need to risk my life!"
MissyMe
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 7:31am
No problem with someone rock-climbing, but WTF is that shrieky, faux-'New Age Celtic/Cranberries/Chieftains' screaming and wailing about 'somebody left the gate on, ee-ya-heee'?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 1:25pm
The climb is one thing (and it's bad enough); standing on top of that point is another.  Wouldn't be a good time to get a leg cramp.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Obie Obie wrote:

No problem with someone rock-climbing, but WTF is that shrieky, faux-'New Age Celtic/Cranberries/Chieftains' screaming and wailing about 'somebody left the gate on, ee-ya-heee'?
LOLLOLLOL I couldn't have descrobed it better!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 2:25pm
That shrieky song is 'Into the Wild' by LP

Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 6:28pm
Yeesh!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 10:16pm

Same here. I notice she's holding that line to keep steady up there.Shocked
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 3:42pm

I don't like the song either. I do thing the ad is visually compelling--the scenery is breathtaking and I think the wordplay of "belt, nylons, shoes" is clever. But I'm pretty sure the woman the ad is an actress, not a rock climber, because I've seen her before.

I'm curious how they actually made the ad--does the actress happen to be a rock climber, or did the company pick the actress and then train her to do rock climbing, or is the whole thing just computer generated? I don't have time to track this down just now but if I find info I'll post it back.

Hundreds of threads killed.
Barvezo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barvezo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 3:59pm

Every time this commericial comes on I cover my ears and sing la la la until I can get my hands on the remote. I absolutley abhor this one for two reasons. First - it is SO condesending to all the stupid women like me who would actually like to buy beautiful shoes or a gorgeous belt. God forbid - this woman is so much better than we are becuase instead of buying silly girly things she's buying tough rugged hiking gear. Bite me.

Secondly - the song makes everything so much worse and creepier. This new age yelping about a gate or something.  Because this wonderful tough woman climbed a rock and is standing upright. Give me a break. Again, condensending. self absorbed and way too dramatic. Let's see her try that in the stilletos I would buy with my Citibank card. Ha!
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 4:05pm
This one reeks of condescension--to both girls who like things like rock climbing and tomboyish stuff, girls who actually want to settle down and be housewives, and girls like me who enjoy both things.
Kirbybeast! View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbybeast! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:36am

Perfect description--SPOT ON! :)
deviledeggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deviledeggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:28am
Man on man, I hate this commercial & you are all right...the music is the worst part!
EugenesAxe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EugenesAxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Same here. I notice she's holding that line to keep steady up there.Shocked

I know this is off topic, but I can not help to notice, looking at your avatar, reminded me how much I enjoyed the Porky with Gabby goat cartoons!
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:58am
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

I'm curious how they actually made the ad--does the actress happen to be a rock climber, or did the company pick the actress and then train her to do rock climbing, or is the whole thing just computer generated?

We were thinking that the rock climb has to be all green-screened; even if one was allowed to scale something like that you'd probably be blown right off the second you stood up, rope or no rope.

I can't wait until some idiot tries to emulate that...
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 11:58am
This is one of those ads where the voiceover isn't a good match. You can just see a completely different woman reading in the studio talking about her onscreen "self. "
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Dreamstalker Dreamstalker wrote:

Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

I'm curious how they actually made the ad--does the actress happen to be a rock climber, or did the company pick the actress and then train her to do rock climbing, or is the whole thing just computer generated?

We were thinking that the rock climb has to be all green-screened; even if one was allowed to scale something like that you'd probably be blown right off the second you stood up, rope or no rope.

It's gotta be fake. The rope won't help if she slips. She'll just bang against the side of that cliff when the rope catches.... if it does.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 11:21pm
WTF is she doing with her mouth at like 5 seconds? Ugly duck face much? God I hate how pretentious this ad is. There's nothing worse then an advertiser that reeks of "look how cleaver my ad is". Newsflash, clever does not = good. Also it's not even clever, it just thinks it is. OMG DO YOU GET IT, SHE'S TALKING ABOUT GIRL THINGS LIKE BELTS AND GETTING A "ROCK" BUT SHE'S TALKING ABOUT ROCK CLIMBING GET IT GET IT PLEASE TELL ME YOU GET IT.  Pretentious sack of sh*t of you ask me. Wasn't Citi the people with the weather balloon ad? Obviously this credit card does not get me as a consumer. If I have free points, I'm sure as hell not spending them on useless sh*t like rock climbing gear or a weather balloon. How about gas in my car or groceries? Guess not, then I can't croon about how edgy and different I am because I don't risk my life climbing rocks.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
dantheman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 3:28am
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 3:35am
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

It's real........

Thanks.  I've watched this commercial many times, and I tried to see if it was at all fake.  But I couldn't find anything.

Either way, it makes me queasy.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 9:07pm
I like the Swedish diaper parody one better.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 9:32pm
Hate the commercial, HATE the song and I can't stand, pretentious, rock climbing turds! 
DrDeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrDeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 2:41am
I concur with everyone else on the planet... that horrific song at the end of the commercial makes me want to gouge my eardrums out with an ice pick.  Thanks sh*ti Premier.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic