Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lexus' Christmas Jingle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lexus' Christmas Jingle
    Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:46pm
So their new ad campaign for Christmas just came out and it focuses on people set up in everyday situations, hears a jingle and immediately recognizes it and realizes that there has to be a car waiting for them somewhere.

Is their jingle that mainstream that people immediately recognize it, or is it just me? That jingle would never illicit a response from me, it just seems like generic holiday music.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:03pm
Are you talking about the song in this one?  If so, it's vaguely familiar, but I couldn't name it.  It might just seem familiar because it's so damned generic.

Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:05pm
Yeah, that song.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:06pm
And because I'm just so darned good at tracking down songs in commercials, here 'tis:

Kinda nice, I guess---in a benign, backgroundy sorta way.  Sounds like something you'd hear coming from a wind-up music box with ballerinas on top.

Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:09pm
This one too:

Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:20pm
How many years has Lexus used that jingle? I once thought it was actually a nice piece of music...until they never came up with anything other than 'sappy accompaniment for cars with big bows'.
The new campaign is even smarmier than their usual ones..'here, this seemingly 'lame' gift is just a joke, your real present's in the driveway!'
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:57pm
I cannot stand these commercials with these pretentious db's gifting cars to other people. Nothing like really rubbing salt in the wound of a faltering economy for those who are financially struggling around the holidays. If I could untie that big bow, I would use it to strangle the person who came up with this stupid-ass concept for a commercial series. Ermm All while paying that insufferable jingle, of course. 
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Obie Obie wrote:

How many years has Lexus used that jingle?

Since 1990, says so on the copyright at the end of the music video that's a ****load of years ago!

Originally posted by Obie Obie wrote:

I once thought it was actually a nice piece of music...until they never came up with anything other than 'sappy accompaniment for cars with big bows'.
The new campaign is even smarmier than their usual ones..'here, this seemingly 'lame' gift is just a joke, your real present's in the driveway!'

It is a nice piece of music on it's own, but now it's shortened by a couple of notes and accompanying a car with a big bow on it would drive anyone nuts.Angry

Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

I cannot stand these commercials with these pretentious db's gifting cars to other people. Nothing like really rubbing salt in the wound of a faltering economy for those who are financially struggling around the holidays. If I could untie that big bow, I would use it to strangle the person who came up with this stupid-ass concept for a commercial series. Ermm All while paying that insufferable jingle, of course. 

Agreed.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:52pm

This. This times infinity.

I loathe these ads. I've bitched about these Christmas car ads before so I won't subject you all to another rant. The above quote sums up my feelings better than I ever could.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 4:10pm
In my magical TV land, I would have the "September to Remember" nine months later Lexus ad with these snactimonious twits in divorce court duking it out who gets to keep the car "But it was a gift!"  "He stopped paying the insurance."  "I let her keep the big red bow."
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

In my magical TV land, I would have the "September to Remember" nine months later Lexus ad with these snactimonious twits in divorce court duking it out who gets to keep the car "But it was a gift!"  "He stopped paying the insurance."  "I let her keep the big red bow."

Maybe it'll be in "real TV land".  Maybe we'll see it on Judge Judy...especially since the commercial left out the part where the wife demands she be listed as the registered owner.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 9:49pm
My guess is that she would be the registered owner. After all, she did all the paper work, insurance and credit check before leaving the Lexus dealer.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:27pm

ConfusedNo no no no no, Tizzer. She may have done the paperwork, but a WOMAN keep up with the payments? C'mon!

He's stuck with the car AND the payments. Men always have to pay for everything, but don't get to keep anything that wiggles, talks, pukes, or crawls. A Lexus doesn't do any of that, so it is his.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:38pm
By the way Honey, I used that old Porsche 911 you had in storage as a trade in. Aren't you proud of me?Tongue  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

My guess is that she would be the registered owner. After all, she did all the paper work, insurance and credit check before leaving the Lexus dealer.

So you're saying that she orchestrated the whole thing, and is just pretending to be surprised?  I guess that could be.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:44pm

Considering that, in reality, they're both gonna be paying for the car, the wife should be irked that she had no input on their big purchase.  She didn't even get to pick the color.

hoffo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 6:06am

Amen!  This ranks up there on my "Yuppie D-bag Top 5" along with those Infinity snowball ads.

Heavens to Murgatroyd!
EventHorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 1:47am
This is the most annoying one to me:

How pompous does Lexus come across in this ad campaign?  Who the hell would recognize that song?  Nobody!  Add that to the fact that nobody in the history of anything has ever received a brand new car as a gift.  It's a television commercial myth, I'm sure of it.

And about this specific video, I'm supposed to believe that this guy downloaded the Lexus song on Guitar Hero or Rock Band?  This is ridiculous.  And look at the smug look on the husband.  Don't you just want to slap him across the face?  Ugh. 

You know, I didn't think it was possible to come up with something worse than last year's Hyundai Pomplamoose commercials but I was wrong.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 1:57am
Originally posted by EventHorizon EventHorizon wrote:

Add that to the fact that nobody in the history of anything has ever received a brand new car as a gift.  It's a television commercial myth, I'm sure of it.

In the history of anything?  I went to high school in a wealthy suburb of Chicago.  I can remember the little snobs who got new cars for their 16th birthdays. 
EventHorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 1:59am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

In the history of anything?  I went to high school in a wealthy suburb of Chicago.  I can remember the little snobs who got new cars for their 16th birthdays. 

OK, so maybe I'm guilty of a wee bit of exaggeration. Embarrassed

missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:55am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Considering that, in reality, they're both gonna be paying for the car, the wife should be irked that she had no input on their big purchase.  She didn't even get to pick the color.

There would be no way my husband could purchase a car on credit without my knowledge or consent. Marital property laws do not allow for it. If he had enough cash to lay out for a brand new Lexus I would wonder when he found time to deal drugs.
MissyMe
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:08am
Originally posted by missyme missyme wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

There would be no way my husband could purchase a car on credit without my knowledge or consent. Marital property laws do not allow for it. If he had enough cash to lay out for a brand new Lexus I would wonder when he found time to deal drugs.
ConfusedWhat size apron do you have your little missy wearing?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 12:35pm
In the late 1960s there was a Barbie doll ad featuring a song very similar to the Lexus ad jingle.  It's not an exact match, but the first few notes are almost identical. 

I remember hearing the Lexus tune long before Lexus existed, as well.  
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:05am
LMAO I wonder how long it took their "genius" marketing team to come up with "December to Remember"

Even Vanilla Ice was saying, "That's a corny rhyme." LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 11:49pm
I think these Lexus ads are aimed at well to do lawyers, doctors, CEOs with throw away cash.

Ordinary Joe's get the Kia To Remember.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic