Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Youtube: Ads loading, videos not

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Youtube: Ads loading, videos not
    Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 10:09pm
I have extremely slow internet speed, and God forbid I want to watch a 3 minute video, right? Well, before every video I want to watch, there's always those 5-second commercials. I wouldn't mind hearing about Betty White's "Hot in Cleveland" or whatever the f*ck it's called, IF THE DAMN THING WOULD LOAD!!! But these integrated ads are making it so that the video loads FIRST, while I have to wait 15 minutes for the 5-second ad to play. Cry /rant

And by the way, I was trying to watch 2NE1's English version of "Can't Nobody" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQEabAesufg).

Either their demographics ratings are way off, or fans of edgy Korean girl groups really like Betty White. LOL 
"OBJECTION!"
Sponsored Links

Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 11:53pm
Oh, I know. I hate those, so I avoid any "official" videos because those always have the ads. I have a slightly higher tolerance lately because I watch LiveStream, but it still irritates me.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 4:15am

I quit having to constantly update Flashplayer (which is one reason I can't see vids.)  Not missing much....

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:55am
I still remember when the Internet was a safe haven to watch videos without having to be tortured by ads. I hope whoever invented integrated ads knows they destroyed a once-beautiful aspect of the Internet.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:58pm
2NE1 has a video for the English version?

The ads are really annoying. I wouldn't mind if they were actually helpful (watch this ad while your video loads, so you don't have to wait every millisecond while it randomly stops to keep loading).

Honestly, I just download PVs now-a-days. Yeah, I have to wait 30 minutes sometimes, but I can watch it whenever I want, it never gets 'pulled' due to copyright, and I can watch it on anything without quality suffering (like downloading a flv from youtube, converting it to another file, then having it re-converted to fit properly on a certain device.)
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 2:38pm
"If you don't like ads, don't watch them."

You CAN'T escape ads EVER!  DUH!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 8:28pm
^^Sure you can. 
That works on IE and I use an AdBlock Plus App on Chrome.
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 3:04am
Hating it. Once I tried watching an episode of Dexter's Lab and--AD POPS UP!!! 

I want to destroy ads. But then I can't watch shows online or in real life.
Heather Moore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heather  Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 6:32am
Yes. It is really pretty annoying, that is why we developed a software to remove these ads while a video is playing on the background  -  http://download.cnet.com/Block-Youtube-Ads/3000-7786_4-75742538.html. Work wells with Firefox and Chrome too.

Try it out and let me know your thoughts.
socialgirl85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote socialgirl85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Dear Dear wrote:

Oh, I know. I hate those, so I avoid any "official" videos because those always have the ads. I have a slightly higher tolerance lately because I watch LiveStream, but it still irritates me.

You are very right , such type of problems commonly seen when anybody have a low speed internet connection Cry and he wants to watch you tube video, i can't do that for your slow speed connection but i can disable your adds and i am sure when adds will be disable then you will feel little bit comfort. To disable youtube ads just go to internet and download  http://www.blockyoutubeads.com - Youtube ad blocker  from internet and install it on your PC. That's it with these 2 steps you have get rid of you tube ads completely. Now when you will visit the youtube site you will be surprise to see that all the adds have been disappeared. Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic