Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golden Corral Chocolate Wonderfall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golden Corral Chocolate Wonderfall
    Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:46pm

I am not completely sure why, but this commercial kind of makes me gag a little.  Maybe because I have a vision of people going up and sticking their fingers and stuff in there, little kids double dipping etc.  These things just seem kind of nasty to me. 
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 9:58pm
Right in time for flu season, how wonderfall.  
Phil View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 1:44am
I hate Golden Corral
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 2:05am
I pick my nose and rinse my finger in the 'wonderfall' every chance I get.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
trishanurse View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trishanurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 5:54am
I was at Golden Corral ONCE, and I went into the bathroom to wash my hands before scooping out some "food"..and an employee came in to use a stall, and left without washing hands...yuck.  I think her name was Ruth, whatever, I saw her name tag and went up front and asked for the manager and told about this.  They said they would take care of it, and gave me my money back.  
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 7:28am
The thought of a public chocolate fountain makes me barf.  According to Youtube, the fountain recycles tap water and rust into the chocolate!  gross!Dead
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Lelly View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 7:29am
Ooh! Ooh! Are we sharing horror stories? Tongue I've got a great one! LOL This was in Kentucky:

3 years ago, my dad wanted to go to 'Golden Crap-all' for his birthday (he's a "buffet" kinda guy LOL). He had somehow made it through the meal (a human trash-compactor, we call him Big smile), while I couldn't eat anything (it all smelled like up-chuck! seriously!)

Well it was dessert time, and I can't resist ice cream... so I made my way over to the dessert area, and there happened to be a chocolate fondue set over there, right?

Well, there were also some little Hispanic kids, too (about 6 and 9 yrs old)...

REACHING IN THE FOUNTAIN WITH THEIR BARE HANDS!!! Dead Scooping it up, pouring it on themselves and the floor, putting their hair and boogers and... ugh... they were making an absolute mess. It was disgusting!!! These were the kids that had been crawling around on the floor licking up old foodstuffs while my dad and I ate. Sick Hurl... well, I told the management and the workers there, and you know the worst part? They didn't shut it down OR replace the chocolate, THEY LEFT IT RUNNING! And people were EATING that!!! DeadDeadDead

It was kind of funny, though, a few days later that same place was on the news because people had gotten sick from tainted chocolate. Ouch The health department had been called, and they had also discovered roaches and rats running around the kitchen and on the food in the display cases.

In case you're wondering, my dad and I had only eaten off the 'clean' side of the restaurant where all the old people sit. LOL

Hahaha! Tl;dr.
Anyway, I haven't eaten ANY type of fondue since that day. Shocked Horrifying, I tell ya!
"OBJECTION!"
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 7:40am

Lelly, there was a report on the news about a restaurant in a food court using old oil or the employees not washing their hands or something like that.  the reporter said, 'The employes did not want to talk to us today, but they were eager to talk to us when this restaurant was getting good reviews not too long ago."  LOL.LOL

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Lelly View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 7:48am
^Hahahahaha~

Kudos to the reporter! LOLClap
"OBJECTION!"
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Lelly Lelly wrote:

^Hahahahaha~

Kudos to the reporter! LOLClap

LOL.  That restaurant is no longer in business, coincidentally. Wink

orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 11:55am
Yeah I was at a buffet recently and there was a kid there scooping up the ice cream, putting it in his bowl, proceeding to lick the scoop.....putting it back down into the ice cream....and repeating this process.   Dead  We went and told a server and they had to toss all the ice cream.  Or at least we think they did...
NuJerzeeGal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuJerzeeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 11:25pm

I hate the Golden Corral with the heat of one thousand suns.   Immediately after my first meal there I got sick as a dog. I was visiting friends and had an hour drive back home. I had to stop at 3 different rest stops.  Just the thought of them having a chocolate fountain makes my stomach do flip-flops.

Did I mention I hate Golden Corral?
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 11:31pm
I can't believe they thought this concept would fly. Or are there people who have no concept of germs?? Who in their right mind would WANT to eat from this?!

Meh, perhaps it's part of the "pox party" movement, the parents who want to avoid getting their kids vaccinated and instead expose them to viruses at an early age to build immunity. This is actually what parents did before vaccines became widespread.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

I can't believe they thought this concept would fly. Or are there people who have no concept of germs?? Who in their right mind would WANT to eat from this?!

Meh, perhaps it's part of the "pox party" movement, the parents who want to avoid getting their kids vaccinated and instead expose them to viruses at an early age to build immunity. This is actually what parents did before vaccines became widespread.

ClapBig smileYea...Yayyy! Perfectly said, C! Start a movement - I'll sign up.

Welcome to a 'blast from the past'; the overly sweet 'second-coming' of the 'Black Plague' (rats & fleas not required, not included)!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tarheelmed02 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelmed02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 5:30am
stories are classic.  I was at wedding reception and they had one of these, and on cue little kids and old people too (weird demographic) were letting their finger over hang from the fruit/cake and then lick it off and dive back in for more.  Really!  The commercial is idiotic too.   I hate the black dude saying "dip" like it's "dee yip", so annoyin.  Somethin about the goatie'd dude hocks me off too.  The way he looks, IDK.  
rockman4417 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockman4417 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 5:46am
The thing that bothers me about this, is these idiots act like they've never heard chocolate before discovering this sh*t wonderfall.  It's not a luxury anymore like back in the 1500s and these "wonderfalls" are probably the lowest quality chocolate you will find.

Personally golden coral always seemed like elementary school cafeteria food.  And no amount of gimmicks like this will ever change that.
Bobby View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 7:01am

I'm going to be one of the few to venture out on a limb here and admit that I love Golden Corral.  Maybe the one by me is one of the decent ones or something, but I've never had a problem with the food.

I will say, I absolutely hate it when people bring little kids to a buffet-type restaurant.  If you supervise your kids then fine, but it pisses me off when people let their little twirps roam free to play with the food.Dead

The next time I go to Golden Corral there is no way in hell I'm going anywhere near this Chocolate Sh*tfall.  I've come up with a long list of things one might find in that, other than chocolate.  Here's my list: scabs, bandaids, boogers, snot, skin flakes, fingernails, hair, pieces of food that have been recirculated over and over.  The list goes on and on...

Commercials owe me a new mute button.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Bobby Bobby wrote:

I've come up with a long list of things one might find in that, other than chocolate.  Here's my list: scabs, bandaids, boogers, snot, skin flakes, fingernails, hair, pieces of food that have been recirculated over and over.  The list goes on and on...

Maybe that's why they call it a "Chocolate Wonderfall".  You can only wonder what falls into the chocolate.

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 3:58pm
They actually say in the commercial that you can put anything in it. That really disturbs me.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

They actually say in the commercial that you can put anything in it. That really disturbs me.
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe that's why they call it a "Chocolate Wonderfall".  You can only wonder falls into the chocolate
Evil Smile'Creative Individuals' can make your dreams (nightmares) come true... 
Bobby View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 5:54pm

Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

I actually saw a video on Youtube where some guy is dipping chicken legs into it.Dead
Commercials owe me a new mute button.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Bobby Bobby wrote:

I've come up with a long list of things one might find in that, other than chocolate.  Here's my list: scabs, bandaids, boogers, snot, skin flakes, fingernails, hair, pieces of food that have been recirculated over and over.  The list goes on and on...

Wonder if the machine ever gets clogged up or the chocolate starts coming out like a Baby Ruth bar.  
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 9:00pm
Look how disgusting it looks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tOoID7CXI&feature=related

LOL! They have to lie and make it look better in the commercial.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Sick  yuck.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic