Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LG Shine: No Class Idiot "The Hills" Couple

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LG Shine: No Class Idiot "The Hills" Couple
    Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 9:08pm
This one is for a cell phone model called "Shine" by LG.  It's named so because it has a mirrored surface on it. Well, this plays into the commercial for the phone big time.

Couple are sitting at a table outside a restaurant, adjacent to a sidewalk. The girlfriend begins to babble at her boyfriend across the table, but within a moment her voice fades out and "Heaven isn't too far away" by Warrant starts playing in his head. Why you ask? Well 2 huge breasted bimbos (one has normal size breasts in her defence) in low cut tops catch his eye as they walk down the sidewalk. Once the girls have passed him he takes out his LG Shine phone and very very obviously puts it out in front of him, and angles it so he can catch a reflection of the girls' backsides in his phone. What a douche bag move.

His girlfriend catches on, and the mirrored screen on the phone shows that he has one new message, breaking the view of his buxom bimbos. He opens it and it reads "OMG UR A PIG!", a text message from his girlfriend. He then looks up in a very "what did I do wrong now" way and gripes "Whaaaat?" The girlfriend rolls her eyes and ignores him, it seems apparent that she really doesn't care, since she smiles in there somewhere. Product tagline: "Reflect your style"...alright, your reflecting "Huge D-bag, am I wrong?

This one is aimed at men, wow "Check out hot chicks in your phone without turning your head!" To me wouldn't a mirrored phone be aimed at women? I sometimes use the metallic accents on my phone in a pinch as a mirror. Overall, a very stereotypical stupid couple and stupid boyfriend commercial.
Sponsored Links

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 9:37pm
There was a news item not long ago, there was a guy who was taking cell phone pictures up Ladies dresses, thankfully, he was caught. this ad seems to encourage this sort of behavior. Crass!
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

There was a news item not long ago, there was a guy who was taking cell phone pictures up Ladies dresses, thankfully, he was caught. this ad seems to encourage this sort of behavior. Crass!

That's not exactly new. That's been going on as long as there have been cameras in cell phones.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 7:52am
Found a video of the commercial

It seems they have changed the song to "Oh Yeah" by Yellow now. That low voiced Ohhhhh Yeahhhh from Ferris Bueller's Day Off?
Well you can hear it here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=YJJI49rNBvc&feature=related

It makes the commercial far worse, usually when a change is made you think it would be for the better....
brookish View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:18am
it's two people from mtv's "the hills" cashing in on their 15 min of fame...what i'm sick of is companies trying to show how hip they are by using "omg" and other texting phrases.
mutebuttoner View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:30am
What's the big deal? I swear, people are so uptight and judgmental.

The only part about this commercial that bugs me is how the girlfriend rolls her eyes. Women think they can change men - what a farce. Men like to look at women, why demonize them? Especially because women liked to be looked at (why take all that time to look good?).

Always popular (and easier) to blame the guy for human nature, isn't it.

Phil View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 8:29am
I was going to come here and start a topic on this commercial. I f-ing hate this commercial.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by mutebuttoner mutebuttoner wrote:

What's the big deal? I swear, people are so uptight and judgmental.

The only part about this commercial that bugs me is how the girlfriend rolls her eyes. Women think they can change men - what a farce. Men like to look at women, why demonize them? Especially because women liked to be looked at (why take all that time to look good?).

Always popular (and easier) to blame the guy for human nature, isn't it.

I'm sorry but it isn't human nature to be a pig. Yes men look at women, and yes women who dress like that WANT  to be looked at, but it's the way he does it. He just blatantly starts looking away into his phone, he isn't even trying to be slick about it. This forum is called COMEMRCIAL I HATE, so if I'm being "uptight" then thats fine, but I think I'm being just as upset as everyone else is here over a commercial. I could just as easily have gone off on a tangent about how stupid that Hills girl is for talking about "fashion week" and glossing her lips in the phone and how stupid I think she is, but the commercial is focusing on HIM and not her. Also not all women look nice to be oggled by a guy. I look nice, does that mean I want guys checking out my ass in their mirrored phone? NO, and obviously his "girlfriend" doesn't want him doing it either. It's a matter of respect.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 8:28pm
You call the guy a pig and the girls skanks or whatever. That's passing judgment. I was just trying to make a grander point about how uptight our society is, that's all. It's human nature to let attraction and reaction just happen, it's strict social mores that make us call them names and categorize them as being "D-bags" and the like.

I say hats off to the guy for knowing what he likes, and not being afraid of uptight ninnies calling him names and passing judgment. Approve

If his girlfriend doesn't like it, just DUMP HIM. Trying to change other people is futile at best.

Live and let live.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 10:12pm
I never called her a skank, I called her stupid. My "grander opinion" is about respect, I feel what he's doing is disrespectful.  I still don't think you fully understand the purpose of the forum. If you enjoy this one, then head on over to the Commercial I Don't Hate Thread and talk about why you DO like it, instead of trying to educate someone who doesn't like it for her own reasons.

Guy aside, this commercial bombs for other reasons. The whole text "OMG UR A PIG", the fact that it's people from the Hills, I could pick any one, they all come together to make one lousy ad.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 10:19pm
Okay we agree to hate the commercial equally. Big%20smile

BTW I was a member before the server change, but thanks for the reminder.

Peace!

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008 at 12:00am
Originally posted by mutebuttoner mutebuttoner wrote:

Okay we agree to hate the commercial equally. Big%20smile

BTW I was a member before the server change, but thanks for the reminder.

Peace!

Mutebuttoner, did you have a different name before the server change?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Mutebuttoner, did you have a different name before the server change?

Nope, same ol' me. Approve

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

It seems they have changed the song to "Oh Yeah" by Yellow now. That low voiced Ohhhhh Yeahhhh from Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

It makes the commercial far worse, usually when a change is made you think it would be for the better....

I agree.  I HATE HATE HATE that "Oh yeah" thing.  I don't think it belongs anywhere--not even in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 11:43pm

I never saw 'Ferris Bueller', and so I didn't connect that stupid "Ohhhhhh, YEEEEAAAHHH" with it-mostly because it was used in seemingly THOUSANDS of commercials(and network promos) for years afterward! Until this ad started, I'd managed to escape hearing it for a few years. Thanks for nothing, LG!

Luanne89 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luanne89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 2:15am
Man, I used to be able to avoid seeing these idiots just by not watching their show, and now they have their own gag-worthy commercial.  They seem so stupid.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 5:53pm

Idiotic commercial; promotes unsavory - and as previously stated, not necessarily socially-acceptable behaviors.

I'm certain most folks might agree that if your partner is that easily distracted, well, at least it's only a lunch-date...hopefully you are not 'F-buddies'...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 9:19am
I don't care about the guy checking out the girls in front of his girlfriend.  If his girlfriend isn't secure enough to know that he's just looking and it doesn't mean he's going to jump up and leave her for them (and who knows, maybe he is), then the relationship isn't going to last anyway.

The thing that annoys me about this commercial, besides the stupid "OMG UR A PIG," is the way the girl rolls her eyes.  She doesn't actually roll them.  She just looks up and left then up and right, blinking in between.  I don't know why, but that bugs the living crap out of me and I really can't stand having to see this commercial.

The "Oh Yea" change must not be in effect everywhere because I just saw this commercial tonight and it still had "Heaven isn't too far away."
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 4:28pm

I'll put this as nonjudgmentally as I can. Everyone in this ad is a pig. Crude, classless, shallow commercial.

And OMG, I really h8 the further incursion of text message-ese into everyday language and writing. We had a great language once.Cry 

Hundreds of threads killed.
kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by brookish brookish wrote:

it's two people from mtv's "the hills" cashing in on their 15 min of fame...what i'm sick of is companies trying to show how hip they are by using "omg" and other texting phrases.

i d k, my b f f jill
SheRa View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 1:07am
Everyone in this ad is an idiot.  The guy, for being a rude asshole (no, it's not "human nature" to check out other girls in front of your girlfriend.  It's a choice that you make, and a stupid/rude one at that......I cannot stand how we pretend men have zero self-control, such a dangerous lie).  The doormat girlfriend, for not kicking his ass right there.  The female passerby, for not flippin' him the bird for lecherously ogling her.

If I had been either of the women in that ad, that little pretty boy's face would be  slammed to the sunny SoCal pavement Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic