Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm 'State of Regret' (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm 'State of Regret' (Video)
    Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 4:30pm

The ongoing single-episode saga of 'Jerry & Jessica' just will not die...why not?! Please, State Farm - it really is time to insult us with something new...so, let's get on with the torture; I'm really very sick of 'Jerry & Jessica'. 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 11:37pm
So many things wrong with this commercial besides the dumb white guy.
How does he still have a drivers license? "Are you up a pole again ?"
Where is Five O?
He switched insurance companies to save money for his pole fetish?
Just how does one get up a pole like that?
Hope he doesn't have a wife to breed with.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

This line leads me to believe that it was State Farm who dropped him, not the other way around.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

This line leads me to believe that it was State Farm who dropped him, not the other way around.

LOL
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

stowles View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 2:12am
only good thing about this comm is Jessica is definitely kinda cute...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid".John Wayne
Lelly View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:21am
Jerry. Jerry. Jerry.
Should've stayed with State Farm.

IIIHHHHGGHHH MISS YOU JESSIGAAAA *fake sob*

Every time I see stupid 'Jerry's' face I dive for the remote like my life depends on it!!! Angry
"OBJECTION!"
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:34am

Again? How did he drive his car up a pole once let alone do it enough times that the lady asks if he did it again? You know what? Don't renew his insurance give him a swift boot in the butt and tell him "From now on call a cab, you dumbass!"

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
cool245 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 4:48am
Why would Jessica even be upset that he left State Farm since they would have to foot the bill for him driving up a pole? She should be glad he's gone.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 6:48am
Originally posted by cool245 cool245 wrote:

Why would Jessica even be upset that he left State Farm since they would have to foot the bill for him driving up a pole? She should be glad he's gone.

She's not REALLY upset.  it's more like "fake sympathy."  It's more like if you warn someone that their friend is a  theif, and they don't listen, and then that "friend" steals the money out of their wallet and runs off, you say, "Oh, poor you.  She stole your money," but you're just being fake sympathetic, because they didn't listen to your wanrning.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 7:42pm
I despise this commercial

I'm sick of the fake sympathy, I'm sick of Jerry, I could care less that he drove up a pole, I'm sick of it all!

f**k you Jerry, go back to driving school and learn NOT to drive your car up a damn pole UUURRRGHGHH!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by stowles stowles wrote:

That's probably why Jerry keeps backing over a pole, Jessica is the only woman he has had a conversation with.
sniffels323 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniffels323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:20pm
I hate ALL insurance company ads, but this one is about to make Flo look like NASA material! Why would you want to buy insurance from a company that would sell Jerry a policy? Your rates are based on their profit/loss numbers!

Do you think the writers of this garbage watched a lot of Seinfeld? Hi Jerry! Oh it's you, Newman!
Insanity does not run in my family...It strolls through and gets to know everybody personally.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:40pm

You can find her in North Dakota.  She actually is an employee of State Farm.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:41pm
Apparently State Farm thinks this douchebag is a star, as they have a "sequel" to this commercial.  I've only seen it a couple times and can't find it yet, but one part she asks once again "Is your car up a pole again?" and Jerry goes 'hahaha, no it's in the garage."  I wish Jerry would drive his car off a damn cliff.

zepstrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zepstrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 12:43am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Apparently State Farm thinks this douchebag is a star, as they have a "sequel" to this commercial.  I've only seen it a couple times and can't find it yet, but one part she asks once again "Is your car up a pole again?" and Jerry goes 'hahaha, no it's in the garage."  I wish Jerry would drive his car off a damn cliff.

THIS!!!

I hate this commercial so much i have seen it like 10 times today the thing that drives me crazy about it is the acting is horrendous its the best example of a commercial that you can tell its scripted and its like you have couple of high school students reading at a play makes me want to strangle both of them
dogmaboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogmaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 1:03pm
Whats that stupid jerry going to say next time? I just ran my car into a grade school and killed someone. And then he wants discounts on his auto insurance? He shouldnt even drive, he is a complete idiot. If stat farm insures people like him count me out. This comercial is so stupid, i hate it so much.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 3:16pm

That's probably why Jerry keeps backing over a pole, Jessica is the only woman he has had a conversation with. so she will back over his..
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 10:45pm
^^^ Naaa. He'd just start crying againCry
Johnny Utah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 5:48pm

It makes state farm agents come across as condescending.  I don't want an agent who is going to treat me like a baby, even though that guy acts like one. 

belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 7:57pm
Yeah, I'm with whoever said the new version where he says it's "in the garage" is just REALLY bad acting by Jessica.  And, I hate how she's talking about all the different discounts they offer and how the average person saves X amount of dollars by switching - why would she be telling this to Jerry?  CLEARLY he's not going to be saving money on his car insurance any time soon with that many accidents on his record.  I hate when the script makes no sense in the context they're using it because they try to cleverly work certain info about their product into a supposed conversation instead of just listing it at the end of the commercial directed to the viewer.  
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 12:06am
So wait a minute. His problem is that his car is upside down and still smoking, and it's taking longer than 15 minutes to hear back from the Geico agent? The police aren't even there yet.

Methinks he has a real mommy thing for Jessica.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 12:25am
This commercial is so unrealistic. I hate when they portray businesses like they're all friendly and you can call them anytime you need to. Actually, if you tried to call State Farm you'd just get a bunch of automated crap. And hopefully they wouldn't even talk to this guy, much less give him a policy. Why do they insist on showing us stupid people that constantly drive their cars up poles? I would think the best way to sell a product would be to show just a regular person who isn't stupid that just had some unfortunate crap happen, you know, like someone who would actually be buying your product?
This is your brain on commercials.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by keyboardplayer keyboardplayer wrote:

Why do they insist on showing us stupid people that constantly drive their cars up poles? I would think the best way to sell a product would be to show just a regular person who isn't stupid that just had some unfortunate crap happen, you know, like someone who would actually be buying your product?

It's as if they're going for the laughs rather than the sale...and in the process, are telling us that idiots insure their cars with State Farm.  In this case, they fail at both.

Seems a lot of car insurance companies are coming up with fun, goofy commercials these days (or trying to).  Insurance is not fun.

Maybe we can expect other insurances (health, life, homeowners) to start following suit.  They can show a family of burn victims living in a cardboard box after their house is destroyed by fire, while Jessica says "Ooooh, it looks like you should've stayed with us, huh, Jerry?  Give your family---what's left of them---my regards!  Buh-bye."

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 8:05pm
I'm sooo sorry Jerry. Have you been playing with matches again?
Are you crying?Cry

No, I burnt my tongue.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 1:29am
It seems that every major auto insurance company can save you $400 to $500. Which one is telling the truth? I'm thinking none.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic