Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 60>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 5:57pm
LOLLOL

ION TV is playing a Criminal Minds marathon.  It must be the early episodes.  Gideon is there, Morgan has hair and Garcia actually looks good!

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:05am
Watched Echoes in the Canyon yesterday.  It was a documentary about the evolution of the folk-rock sound in Laurel Canyon in the 60s, with an emphasis on the Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, the Mamas and Papas, the Beach Boys, etc.  Pretty good.  I think it was on Amazon for $4.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Watched Echoes in the Canyon yesterday.  It was a documentary about the evolution of the folk-rock sound in Laurel Canyon in the 60s, with an emphasis on the Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, the Mamas and Papas, the Beach Boys, etc.  Pretty good.  I think it was on Amazon for $4.

Buffalo Springfield took their name from the side of a piece of heavy earth moving equipment.

Either a grader or possibly a front end loader.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Buffalo Springfield took their name from the side of a piece of heavy earth moving equipment.

Buffalo-Springfield Roller Co. Factory

The Buffalo-Springfield Roller Co. was formed as a merger of the Buffalo Pitts Co. and the Kelly-Springfield Road Roller Co. (before to 1902 known as the O.S. Kelly Co.)

Clarence J. Foster was born in the same house as his father, on December 19, 1876. He was educated in the local public schools, in Wittenberg College and in a business college. For two years he was a clerk with the Ansted & Burk Company, millers, and then became an employee of the O. S. Kelly Company. When that business was reorganized and a new corporation formed, known as the Kelly-Springfield Road Roller Company, Mr. Foster remained with the new company, and also with its successor, the Buffalo-Springfield Roller Company, of which he is vice president. The Buffalo-Springfield Roller Company was started as a department of the O. S. Kelly Company about 1888. It developed into a big business, justifying separate organizations, and after about twelve years the Kelly interests were withdrawn and the reorganization was named Kelly-Springfield Road Roller Company. At that time the plant was moved to its present location on Kenton Street. C. M. Greiner and J. B. Cartmell were the principal owners at that time, Mr. Cartmell being president and C. J. Foster secretary. In 1912 Mr. Cartmell disposed of his holdings and since then C. M. Greiner has been president, C. J. Foster and C. F. Greiner vice presidents, and E. E. Greiner treasurer. This company manufactures a special line of road making and working machinery and road rollers, and during the World war the corporation furnished rollers for road construction work in France and also for cantonments, aviation fields, forts, arsenals and other duty at home. It is properly spoken of as one of the most important of the manufacturing enterprises of Springfield.

Brian Szafranski has a Buffalo Pitts web site with more information about this company.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:26pm
ION TV pisses me off so much!  Another recent repeat! Criminal Minds- Spencer is exposed to some toxic air born substance!  How long has this show been on the air? 10-15 freaking years? Why do they just show the same one or two years of episodes? It's a f*cking insult to the people who count on broadcast TV!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Also (as you might already know), For What It's Worth was not an anti-war song.  It was about kids being hassled by cops outside of rock clubs in LA.  However, it just seemed to fit with the whole anti-war/counter-culture sentiment of the times, so the connection stuck.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 6:13pm
ION TV keeps bragging about new episodes...Why am I seeing the same old sh*t?

Is this just for the prime time audience?  F*ck off!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 3:22pm
Goldblum is such an odd fellow, I just can't take the show seriously.

Image result for law &amp; order- jeff goldblum pics

Just how many 'Law & Order' shows are there?

• 1.1 Law & Order.
  • 1.2 Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
  • 1.3 Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
  • 1.4 Law & Order: Trial by Jury.
  • 1.5 Law & Order: LA.
  • 1.6 Law & Order True Crime.
  • 1.7 Law & Order: Hate Crimes.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:58pm

Watched 3 great classic movies last night on the free, OTA broadcast channel called Movies!. And what was kinda cool was that there was a bit of a coincidence involved. More on that in a minute.

So, I was all ready to do my usual Saturday night Britcom routine when lo and behold, I see that our PBS station had preempted their normal schedule with some boring-ass old music special rerun from a gazillion years ago.

Switching channels, I just happened to come across the opening intro sequence to the early 70's Steve McQueen classic, Bullitt.

Cool! Cool

So I watched that, then immediately following it, came the Paul Newman classic from right around the same time, Cool Hand Luke. 

Double cool!! Cool Cool

Watched that, then up next came Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider. 

Triple cool!!! Cool Cool Cool 

Here's the coincidence part.

Back when I was 13 y/o, on December 24th 1970, Christmas Eve night, my best friend and I went to the movies to see a double feature.

On the bill… Bullitt and Cool Hand Luke!!!  Thumbs Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 5:58pm
I don't get that channel!

Copyright © RabbitEars.info 2008-2019
Proudly hosted by S
WBAY-TVGREEN BAY, WI
02-123.3 WBAY-HD ABC"WBAY-TV 2"  
02-223.4 WBAY-WX Weather"Storm Center 2 24/7"  
02-323.5 WBAYION ION

02-423.6 WBAY-HI Heroes & Icons

02-523.7 WBAYSTV Start TV

02-623.8  Circle

WFRV-TVGREEN BAY, WI
05-122.1 WFRV-HD CBS"Channel 5"  
05-222.2 Bounce Bounce TV

WLUK-TVGREEN BAY, WI
11-111.3 WLUK HD FOX"Fox 11"  
11-211.4 Antenna Antenna TV

11-311.5  TBD

WCWFSURING, WI
14-121.3 WCWF-HD CW"CW 14"  
14-221.4 COMET Comet TV

14-321.5  Charge!

14-421.6  Stadium

14-521.7  Dabl

WODR-LDWAUSAU, WI
19-119.1  COZI TV

WLWK-CDSTURGEON BAY, WI
26-119.3 WGBA-HD NBC"NBC 26"  
WGBA-TVGREEN BAY, WI
26-114.3 WGBA-HD NBC"NBC 26"  
26-214.4 MeTV Me-TV

WLWK-CDSTURGEON BAY, WI
26-219.4 MeTV Me-TV

WGBA-TVGREEN BAY, WI
26-314.5 LAFF TV Laff

WLWK-CDSTURGEON BAY, WI
26-319.5 LAFF TV Laff

WGBA-TVGREEN BAY, WI
26-414.6 CourtTV Court TV

WLWK-CDSTURGEON BAY, WI
26-419.6 CourtTV Court TV

W30BUGREEN BAY, WI
30-130.1 W30BU-D 3ABN

30-230.2 3ABN-PR 3ABN Proclaim

30-330.3 3ABN-DD 3ABN Dare to Dream

30-430.4 3ABN-ES 3ABN Latino

30-530.5 3ABN-RD 3ABN Radio

30-630.6 3ABN-RL 3ABN Radio Latino

30-730.7 Radio74 Radio 74

WACY-TVAPPLETON, WI
32-136.3 WACY-HD MyN"My New 32"  
32-236.4 Grit Grit

32-336.5 Escape Court TV Mystery

W17DZ-DSISTER BAY, WI
38-117.3 WPNE-HD PBS"PBS Wisconsin"  
WPNE-TVGREEN BAY, WI
38-125.3 WPNE-HD PBS"PBS Wisconsin"  
38-225.4 WPT2 Wisconsin Channel

W17DZ-DSISTER BAY, WI
38-217.4 WPT2 Wisconsin Channel

WPNE-TVGREEN BAY, WI
38-325.5 WPT3 Create

W17DZ-DSISTER BAY, WI
38-317.5 WPT3 Create

38-417.6 WPT4 PBS Kids 24/7

WPNE-TVGREEN BAY, WI
38-425.6 WPT4 PBS Kids 24/7

WGBD-LDGREEN BAY, WI
49-117.1 WGBD-HD Daystar

49-317.2 WGBD-SD Daystar
  (WGBD-LD 49-1)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 6:26pm

WHERE TO WATCH MOVIES!

WISCONSIN
La Crosse / WEAU
Over the air13.4
Tri-County Communications17
S&K TV Systems16
Mosaic Telecom80
HBC87 / 268
Coon Valley Telecom82
Cochrane Telephone109
Chippewa Valley Cable16
Celect Communications80
Baldwin Telecom777
Madison / WIFS
Over the air57.2
Charter / Spectrum198
Milwaukee / WYTU
Over the air63.3
Wausau / WZAW
Over the air33.3
Charter / Spectrum189

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 4:57pm
^ Do you know how far away those cities are?

I'm having to search around to find something good to watch with the Ion Holiday Crapmas Marathon!

Some show earlier on Start TV...This woman (scientist) is trying to clone a human with the DNA from Albert Einstein!  It kept my interest until 'GOD' intervened by showing a Japanese man with visible burns on his face.  A Hiroshima survivor.  Go figure!

Now! Well, a little earlier it was a show called Unforgettable.

Starring Poppy Montgomery...Tongue

Well, I'll let Andy tell you how I feel about her...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 5:41pm
It's not on right now, one of my early morning guilty pleasures.

Joan Of Arcadia

When you hear the theme song...It may not make you want to watch.

It's a great show! And, I have to admit, I'm in love with this girl!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 6:49pm
I just watched two B2B episodes of my favorite old stand by The Rockford Files. 

A two-parter that was also the very first ever/pilot episode of the show in 1974. 

Co-starred a gorgeously beautiful young Lindsey Wagner in one of, if not THE very first TV roles she was ever in. Also had a couple of appearances by Billy (Danger Will Robinson!!!!) Mumy as Lindsey's younger brother.

Episode was tiled Backlash of the Hunter.

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

CoziTV moved it from it's M-F morning summer slot, to two B2B episodes on Sunday mornings at the beginning of fall.

As long as I still get to see it every week. Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 1:48am
Password +Plus (game show) via Pluto TV on my cellular telephone handset and Bluetooth earphones.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 6:10pm
Thank God for channels like Bounce!  They are playing old episodes of Law & Order.  If I spend another second on ION TV it's going to drive me insane. The constant stupid promos for these stupid freaking Christmas movies! Even loyal viewers are saying what's with the same old sh*t over and over and over?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 3:41pm
What a sucky morning for television! I finally find something I might like and I start losing the picture till it's completely gone!  Angry  

Mmmmm, Poppy Montgomery!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

What a sucky morning for television! I finally find something I might like and I start losing the picture till it's completely gone!  Angry  

Mmmmm, Poppy Montgomery!

If you get MeTV up there, Saturday mornings are all good old westerns. Thumbs Up

Track Down, Have Gun Will Travel, Maverick... my Saturday morning routine. Wink

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 5:12pm
^ I should give some of those old Westerns a chance, just to give me more options.

After my 4 episodes of NYPD Blue on H&I, Cheyenne comes on.  I'm ready for the news at that time of the day.  But I always think of this song!

I once said I wanted that song played at my funeral...That has changed. We can get a cremation for less than $900.  Don't spend any money on a funeral, throw a party if you want but don't pay some funeral director a dime.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 7:35pm
Space: 1999 episode, "Black Sun".

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 4:15am
Star Trek: BORG on my tablet computer. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 5:21pm
I found a new channel!  I get so freaking tired of ION TV and their endless repeats of all kinds.  It drives me  Wacko

I'm seeing new shows I have never seen before!

The Justice Network
TimeTV Show
7:00 pmThe Last 24 No Place Like Home - Season 1 Episode 19
8:00 pmSouthern Fried Homicide Evil Among Us - Season 3 Episode 3
9:00 pmTrace of Evil The Abduction of Alicia Kozakiewicz
10:00 pmFBI: Criminal Pursuit Homegrown Terror -

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 12:26am
During the Coronavirus quarantine,(btw I have recovered and I am donating my plasma for others to benefit), I have been enjoying programmes on Netflix. I will NOT watch that Tiger show. That programme looks trashy, and I have never liked people who earn their living by abusing animals.
I watched a very funny programme from Canada named Schitt's Creek on the POP network. Very well written and acted programme.
I also love, Sunderland 'Til I Die!, bloody excellent programme about a place I am very familiar with. Even though I'm a West Ham United supporter,  I do have sympathy for the Sunderland AFC fans.
One man gathers what another man spills
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 2:06am
I'm currently watching the game show, "Supermarket Sweep" on Pluto TV on my tablet.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:58pm
I've changed my viewing habits today. I saw the Fugitive on IFC and now The Shawshank Redemption.

UNCUT!  Must be in the top 5 for F-bombs!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 60>
  Share Topic