Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 8:27pm
LOLSTILL watching 'Cash Cowboys'. This Canadian-version of 'American Pickers' is SO MUCH better than 'American Pickers'; not only are they picking neat and odd items ANYONE can afford, they also run across some that simply will drop you from your chair (and these two are awfully funny, to boot!).
I'm still beside myself after they were in Winnipeg and found an ornately-framed large color photo of Elvis, near 'The End of Days'.
Elvis is wearing a shiny, turquois suit and appears about 300 pounds - and it is REALLY him.
They found it in a flea market.
There was a huge argument about 'Fat Elvis' that was so damned funny that I was in tears and even had to leave a call. I was on. 
Wouldn't you know they find a 'Pee Wee Herman' treasure and decide to explain to the common viewers how popular Pee Wee was before he got caught in a "very unfortunate situation in a movie theater"... and listening to Scott Cousin's CowTex-Calgary accent explain this was simply hilarious.
Some things are just plain and straight funny...and a lot of things are simply amazing. You get a lot of both way up in the GWN. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 5:30pm
At this time, I'm watching the Star Trek: TNG episode, "Relics".
I was not able to find the full episode on YouTube, so I won't have a video of this.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:30pm

Love this film immensely.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 1:27am

Ed Gein.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 1:38am
Watching "Barney's Version" on Sundance.

Really liking it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 3:20am
An episode of Monk.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 3:28am
One Foot in the Grave, now.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 2:08pm
ESPN
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 2:25pm
F1 in Abu Dabi
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 5:15pm
LOL(from one of my favorite movies)"No, I'm NOT all right! I'm hurt...pissed...gotta find a new job..."
Don't know how many others have gone looking for a childhood home only to find things aren't as they were (both MissyDWolf and self have experienced it and it does NOT seem right, when it comes over you...but neither of our places exploded)

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 8:28pm
Bad Santa, I'm shocked.....but the fat kid just kicked his nemisis in the balls.  LOL So another happy ending.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 8:51pm
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 9:59pm
[As good as it gets]  Today has been a commercial free day for the most part. I am so much more mellow when I don't have to hear the constant yammering.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 10:10pm
Star Trek: First Contact

One the favorite Star Trek movies of mine besides Star Trek (2009)

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:03am
Star Trek: Generations

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:10pm
How the earth works.....They say parts of the Hawaiian Islands could break off and cause a tsunami that would flood LA. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 6:58pm
Wink...although we are poles apart philosophically, I've always loved what Rick Steves gives the public, professionally. His is the genuine 'dream job', and, well - there is almost nothing I ever disagree with and even more I always give him a huge thumbs up for advising the potential tourist.
Now - he kicked off his career right after we left Europe; to this day, his shows ALWAYS make my heart ache to go back (which happens now and then) every stinkin' time I watch - and I don't care how.
PBS has a 'Rick Steves' Europe Travel Skills' marathon on, right now... 
To just 'go home' again...You can go home again...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 7:07pm
Goodfellas
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 7:23pm
Dammit the choices are few and far between.
Assasination of Jesse James   is on right now.
Sometimes I find a movie that looks good from the discription, then I see it's closed caption in French.
I don't have time to read a movie.  Sundance has a series that is CC also.
Sometimes I go ahead and turn on some premium channels this time of year.
Less commercials helps too.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 7:47pm
Maybe it's because I had the good fortune of being raised by a hearing impaired mother, but I've never had any issue with subtitles, be it for a foreign-language or native-language. It's not distracting, and I think oftentimes it aids getting more involved in the movie.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 8:28pm
^ I am still bouncing around the house so I need the audio.
I sure as hell can't type and read too. A 13" TV sits next to the computer monitor.
I am prolly missing some good movies but I'll live.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 9:14pm
At the very least I like to use it as a failsafe. I can listen certainly, but if a line comes up I can't understand, or a strange word, It's easy to glance up, read the subtitles, and go, "ah, that's what they said."

Considering how many people have posted on forums making whole discussions, theories, etc. on misheard phrases, I think this is at least one good use for subtitles.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 4:04pm
Finding Forrester
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 6:07pm
Runaway Jury
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:28pm
Kevin Hart on CC....He was talking about his dad being a drug addict. And not much of a father.
" Jump in the Godamn pool boy"    "You better not drown"    LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
  Share Topic