Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda Pilot "Road Trip" (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda Pilot "Road Trip" (video)
    Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 2:31am
ShockedSomeone call the Cops on that there silver Honda Pilot!
Where'd those two adults get that stewpot of chilluns?! Do they belong to one o'those middle-Tejas weirdo child cults, or somethin'? And what about all those noises they're making? That just isn't natural, I tell ya. Maybe, after they are all cuffed, they can duct-tape the mouths...please.
Nice ad, Honda - reminds me to buy American and never to have a car full of kids again.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 3:32am
i did want to post this because  the NOISE. The WRACKED. Listen to the damn radio. 
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:19am
Hate. Thumbs Down
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:21pm
When I first saw this commercial I got horrid flashbacks of the SUV commercial with the "Angel of the Morning" parents.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:33pm
They're singing Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train.

I'd rather they sing a rousing chorus of his Hand of Doom...

Now you know the scene
Your skin starts turning green
Your eyes no longer seeing
Life's reality

Push the needle in,
Face death's sickly grin
Holes are in your skin,
Caused by deadly pin

Head starts spinning 'round
You fall down to the ground
Feel your body heave
Death's hand starts to weave

Matt View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 1:09am
Not to be a racist, but what's the deal with the African-American boy among a family of Caucasians? 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Not to be a racist, but what's the deal with the African-American boy among a family of Caucasians? 
Methinks "Mom" slipped while suffering from 'Jungle Fever' a few years before.
It happens.
Anyway, bet the kid's name is Todd.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Maybe he gives the road trip "road cred"??

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 3:24am
 He could be a kid on the team? Their brother? 
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 9:37pm
Boy how I despise this commercial. Dunno if it's kids singing Ozzy (those damn Kidz Bop CDs are bad enough!) or if its how they try to do the air guitar thing towards the end. I just have to hit the mute button when this comes on.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 10:50pm
ARGH!!!

HATE THIS ONE

EVERY BODY SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO THE RADIO!!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 9:49pm
PaWolf beat me to posting this video. My God. As a mom who has driven plenty of kids around, even kids who have spontaneously broke into song, they have NEVER sang early 1980's Ozzy Osborne songs. This just isn't realistic; what kid nowadays listens to Ozzy??  

I also hate the advertiser's "Just put a black kid on it" attempt at diversity.  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 3:26am
Originally posted by Bena Bena wrote:

...I also hate the advertiser's "Just put a black kid on it" attempt at diversity.  
LOL (I'm probably going to hell for this...) Well, SOMEBODY had to break (shake) the ice...
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 8:14pm
These people sound like the cast of "Glee"!Dead
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
tarheelmed02 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelmed02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:20am
OMG thank you for the post, white suburban family trying to be hip.  Epic Failure.  yea and what's with the black kid.  They must be playing which one of these is not like the other game.  
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by tarheelmed02 tarheelmed02 wrote:

OMG thank you for the post, white suburban family trying to be hip.  Epic Failure.  yea and what's with the black kid.  They must be playing which one of these is not like the other game.  

He might have been adopted...or they took full custody of him.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 5:26pm
When I first saw this (after I got over the eyeroll) I got to thinking:

"Yeah right! Like all of those kids don't have MP3 players, cell phones, hand held games, and dvd players in the vehicle to keep them occupied."

Back in my day you either listened to the radio, read a book (comic or novel), played electronic football, slept, or looked out the window at the diverse world around you.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by The Mad Gasser The Mad Gasser wrote:

listened to the radio, read a book (comic or novel), played electronic football, slept, or looked out the window at the diverse world around you.

Also, playing the "alphabet game" where you try to locate all the letters in alphabetical order on road signs, license plates, etc. 

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 6:43pm
For some reason they've decided to start airing this stupid ass commercial again here, and frequently too.  The moment I hear "bum bum" the channel gets changed.
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

For some reason they've decided to start airing this stupid ass commercial again here, and frequently too.  The moment I hear "bum bum" the channel gets changed.

Honda is an official NHL sponsor and  this being playoff season, this commercial is in mega-play mode around the nation.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 12:10am
Eeeargh!!!  I hate all of these "Woo hoo!!!  Road trip!!!!"  kinds of commercials!!  That is all!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
LOT Tu-134 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOT Tu-134 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 3:17am
I like Ozzy, I like most 1970s and 80s rock.

I don't like obnoxious families singing it...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 3:55am
Ozzy was what went wrong with Rock & Roll, in my books - him, Alice Cooper, and Deep Purple.
I liked Leslie West and Mountain, though...maybe the brats could take on 'Mississippi Queen' - maybe I'd like the commercial, then.
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 9:56am
Augh!

I can't believe they brought this abomination back. I can't believe that it's apparently been received well enough by viewers to be brought back.

This ad is truly excruciating for me... They could be mouth-farting any song, and it'd still be nauseating. It offends me at the very core of my being with how grotesquely WHOLESOME it all is.

Kids should not be allowed to sing. Period. Certainly not in unison. That should be A LAW.

SO corny.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Ozzy was what went wrong with Rock & Roll, in my books - him, Alice Cooper, and Deep Purple.
I liked Leslie West and Mountain, though...maybe the brats could take on 'Mississippi Queen' - maybe I'd like the commercial, then.

That's just 'cause you were too old at the time to get it.  My bro's a few years older than me, and he was more about Cream and Jethro Tull and Buffalo Springfield.  Likewise, I was just a few years too old for Kiss and Aerosmith when they came on the scene.  That stuff seemed too "junior high" for me.  At that age, a few years makes a big difference.

But kids are more likely to listen to the older kids' music than the younger kids' music.  While I liked Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper and Deep Purple, I also liked Mountain, Buffalo Springfield, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic