Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's - What are the odds (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's - What are the odds (video)
    Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 4:54pm
... of you running into your equally goofy long lost twin AND winning $25K in the same visit to McD's?  Apparently pretty damn good.    I love how the commercial tries to make it look like you have a 1 in 4 shot of winning anything worthwhile in their Monopoly game.  Yeah right ... the odds of you getting salmonella from your value meal are better than you winning anything outside of a free Big Mac or fries.  And Michelle Wie pulling up to the drive thru window in a golf cart?  Oooookay.

Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 8:47pm
  *Yeah right ... the odds of you getting salmonella from your value meal are better than you winning anything outside of a free Big Mac or fries.*LOL
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 3:20am
The only thing I can see Michelle Wie getting at the drive-thru is a McDonald's bag full of cash for her appearance in the commercial....  LOL
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 6:37am
1 in 4 win a prize of free fries, maybe.

The rarest game piece (for $1million) is like 1 in 600, 000, 000.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 11:26pm
And you can only get that one if you are related to one of the people in charge of the Monopoly game promotion....  LOL
ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 3:04am
Went to McDonald's today (stupid I know) got 8 stubs and not a single free thing.
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 7:31am
I remember winning before! I actually used to love checking under the sticker to see if I won something, so I'm happy to see Monopoly back at McDonald's, even if I cut back on fast food. Ah well.

I won a grand total of....two things.
1 Mcflurry
Something else. I think it was fries.

Never any money.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Dear Dear wrote:

I remember winning before! I actually used to love checking under the sticker to see if I won something, so I'm happy to see Monopoly back at McDonald's, even if I cut back on fast food. Ah well.

I won a grand total of....two things.
1 Mcflurry
Something else. I think it was fries.

Never any money.

Yeah I was actually very surprised they brought back the Monopoly game, considering they've pretty much dumped all their other traditional gimmicks that defined McDonalds.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 11:49pm
Lemme scream "a million dollars" a little louder.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Lemme scream "a million dollars" a little louder.

Oh...the one with LeButthead?

He'll NEVER win 7 NBA Titles let alone 1!LOL
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

[QUOTE=Tiz]
Oh...the one with LeButthead?

He'll NEVER win 7 NBA Titles let alone 1!LOL

"South Beach didn't work out so well, so now I've decided to take my talents to Park Place."
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 10:46pm
Last year, I won 30 Coke Rewards points twice (by entering the codes on the contest's website); before I only won food items.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic