Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fiber One Whiny Husband!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiber One Whiny Husband!
    Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 10:11pm

He says Fiber makes him sad and complains because his wife is eating a candy bar...with fiber!

Does this husband have to be that dramatic about fiber?!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 12:55am
I hate this ad. I want him to eat that bag by having someone stuff it in his mouth so he shuts up about fiber.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 1:14am
I just wish the stupid wife would wait til he's done and tell him it is fiber crap!  Maybe he's choke on it!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sheriphie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheriphie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:52am
This one *really* gets me.

"Who are you to tell me about fiber when you're eating... a candy bar!"

No, you idiot, it's obviously not a candy bar, it looks like a granola bar no matter how hard they try to force the "IT'S SO YUMMY" down your throat.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:09am
If he'd really wanted to make his point about having to eat too much fiber (instead of whining about it.  Wuss.), he'd eat a BIG bowl of it before going to bed & aim the after effects at wifey.  But she probably makes him sleep in a separate bedroom anyway just so he doesn't keep her awake all night with his whimpering and crying....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:35am
Direct Link To This Post  <<<--- clicky
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 3:45am
What kind of idiot looks at what is clearly a granola bar and confuses it for candy? I hate how these commercials try to convince us that their "healthy" food is just as delicious as desserts. 
Well, yehnnnsterday I had an apple turnover...
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 7:22pm
"Fiber makes me 'sad'"? What is that even supposed to mean?
rosynyc View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 4:01pm

Overly dramatic.  I hate when he says "I might as well eat this" AND pulls the lettuce out of the paper bag and then says "paper bag".  Clearly not the "man" of the family.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 11:18pm
Ah ha, finally figured out why she's so bitchy:

Too much fiber  =  Makes her constipated  =  Bad mood

There ya go....  LOL
Carly Corday View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carly Corday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:01pm
I don't mind this one, I think he's kinda funny saying fiber makes him...sad. I have to sympathize with anyone who's grated by it though. I know how it is.
"Turn up the crazy and tear off the knob!"
—Stephen Colbert to Fox News whack-job Glenn Beck (Indian name "Paints with Poop")
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:26pm
"Fiiiii-ber makes me...SAD!" Shut the hell up and grow a pair, you whiner!
harryk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harryk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 7:45pm
I cant stand any of the Fiber One commercials but this one is even more annoying. Fiber makes me sad? Who thought up that ridiculous line?

I want to know how much they paid for this garbage commercial and what ad agency came up with it.

None of their commercials even slightly entice me to try their product.
Coastwizard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 9:48pm
I agree with all the negative comments 100%!! This is one of the most cretinous commercials I've seen in a long time! Not only does this effete husband over-emote with his "fiber makes me...sad", but he STEALS his wife's nutrition bar, and proceeds to start chowing down on it with orgasmic fervor! Just plain disgusting!!! Disapprove
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 9:55pm
^Agreed yet again. Regardless of the wife one-upping his whiny stupidity, if anyone took something I was eating out of my hand, I'd slap them on the head and take it back. You want my 'candy bar'? Get your own, you ballless sack of estrogen!
SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 10:37pm
This guy's glasses make me sad. 
Conforming To Abnormality
WDAN20 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDAN20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

I hate this ad. I want him to eat that bag by having someone stuff it in his mouth so he shuts up about fiber.

Better yet, she should have brought home a plastic bag and do what you mentioned and yelled "DIE YOU FIBER HATING PANSY!" 
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 8:50am
The "Makes me sad" is among those ironic tropes that is part of that "understated, basic" idea. The intense simplicity of a reaction stated I guess is supposed to funny. I hear it a lot in real life too. It was funny when I heard it a few years back, but it has taken on this weird hipster usage thing. Well it was hip but once something is put on tv, the hipness is gone.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

The "Makes me sad" is among those ironic tropes that is part of that "understated, basic" idea. The intense simplicity of a reaction stated I guess is supposed to funny. I hear it a lot in real life too. It was funny when I heard it a few years back, but it has taken on this weird hipster usage thing. Well it was hip but once something is put on tv, the hipness is gone.

EXACTLY!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 12:50am
I like this ad, b/c he is such a whiner, and she can quietly be smug about his whining and rude food-snatching.

All she did was read the box and make a comment about how she's concerned about his diet. What's wrong with that? He's not a toddler!! I feel sorry for her, having to be married to this whiny geek. I'd have strangled him by now.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

I feel sorry for her, having to be married to this whiny geek. I'd have strangled him by now.

If I was him I wouldn't be surprised to come home one day and find her banging the milkman on the kitchen counter.  And what would he do about it?  Whine to his wife after the milkman leaves because she bought 2% instead of half & half, because 2% milk makes him sad.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 4:13pm
He looks to be in his 40s---a little too old to be saddened by fiber.  He probably whines about eating fruit and vegetables, too.  Probably still wants cookies for dinner and, if he takes vitamins at all, they'd have to be those gummy vitamins for adults I see being advertised.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

He looks to be in his 40s---a little too old to be saddened by fiber.  He probably whines about eating fruit and vegetables, too.  Probably still wants cookies for dinner and, if he takes vitamins at all, they'd have to be those gummy vitamins for adults I see being advertised.

AHEM

I take those gummy vitamins! LOL Seriously, the multi vitamins I "SHOULD" take - I have choked 3 times on the friggin' horse pills. I now have a mental block on swallowing pills so when they came out with "gummies"  I literally rejoiced.

However, fiber doesn't make me sad!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 10:42pm
I'm concerned about my own husband's eating habits- pretty much meat, meat, meat. Good thing I buy grass-fed organic meat, so he gets SOME fiber that way LOL

Actually, he does like vegetables and fish, and mixes it up a bit. He doesn't whine about eating healthy b/c he's a grown man and is aware of what he needs to eat.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 1:30am
What wife cares how much FIBER a man is getting? I recently prodded my husband into taking multivitamins because we're trying to conceive, but I got him generic ones.

But fiber makes me saaaaad. What a whiny wimp of a man. Fiber makes me sad too but for different reasons. My mom used to buy those awesome chocolate chip fiber bars that taste great. Sometimes I'd have 2 in one day. My insides freaked the f**k OUT. This stuff has so much fiber in it my body didn't know what to do. Let's just say if you want to lose a few pounds just eat a few of these and then wait for impending doom.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic