Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Incredible India? India Isn't Incredible!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incredible India? India Isn't Incredible!
    Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 1:35pm
It starts with kids playing with those things we play as a kid that's made of paper and it ends with people bathing in the Ganges River.

India isn't incredible...It's probably the Darkest Country in the nation, all I can think about when I see India is crowded streets and dark rooms with bugs in it and someone chanting like "Temple of Doom".(Okay, I may be a bit cynical...but I'm very iffy with that region of the world).
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 2:55pm
Well, it sure ain't no Cleveland...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 3:16pm
I'd imagine there're ways to visit India without having to be exposed to too much filth and poverty.  The Beatles did it pretty well back in the 60s.

Google images of the Beatles in India, and you won't see any of them hangin' with the "untouchables".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 3:27pm
I'd love to visit India.

But not during monsoon season.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 3:51pm
A friend of mine just spend about 3 months in India training people for outsourcing purposes.

Except for missing BEEF and limited TV, he said it was a pretty good experience.  It made him appreciate even more how well-off we are.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

It made him appreciate even more how well-off we are.
I've felt the same way after my trips to Brazil. Thumbs Up

If you were to take an "Average" Brazilian (Who lives in a house about 20' x 20' (I was told these are called "Three meter Houses"), with two bedrooms and a bath with 8-12 Family Members) and take him to the USA, when he got home he'd probably say to his Friends "In the USA, even the Poor LIVE IN MANSIONS!" Shocked
Poiuyt Power!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 7:36pm
WinkI would jump at any chance to visit India - historically, one could be visiting, experiencing, and learning from one of the oldest civilizatons on the planet. There are 'tucked away' places in India I would dearly love to investigate, given the chance (and the only chance I have to do (on the cheap) would send me there for at least two (2) years, on business - no can do).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 10:01pm
You can always take a slow(one way ticket) boat to India.
tarheelmed02 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelmed02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 1:48am
is there a vid?  would be nice to see now my country of origin's tourism board promote india?  as for the knocks, we've all heard em.  Tank u, wery much.  (Yes I can poke fun at myself).
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 2:33am
And don't ride the bus.  Google "India bus plunges" and see what I mean.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 2:39am
Originally posted by tarheelmed02 tarheelmed02 wrote:

is there a vid?  would be nice to see now my country of origin's tourism board promote india?  as for the knocks, we've all heard em.  Tank u, wery much.  (Yes I can poke fun at myself).

No, no, no....... it's "Tend-joo Betty Mudge. Come again, please." WinkLOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 2:41am
Do convenience stores in India all have Americans working in them?

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 4:58am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

It starts with kids playing with those things we play as a kid that's made of paper and it ends with people bathing in the Ganges River.

Does it show them pushing floating bodies out of the way?  Have to think things like that would put a damper on one's Ganges whitewater rafting experience, too.... 
tarheelmed02 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelmed02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by tarheelmed02 tarheelmed02 wrote:

No, no, no....... it's "Tend-joo Betty Mudge. Come again, please." WinkLOL

LMAO...i bow to you good sir
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 5:18pm
I have several friends who have been to India. Two of them love it, one of them had a horrible time and was actually changed by a bunch of men and saw dead babies in the street and idiots from the US  who drank the water and ate off the street.
Nutwits.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

...one of them had a horrible time and was actually changed by a bunch of men and saw dead babies in the street...
ConfusedDeadErmm....errrrmmmm...there just HAS to be a story here - "changed" how? 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 6:05pm
Dang typos. I meant CHASED!
Without hurting me,
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 6:12pm
I think I wanna hear the story about being 'changed by a bunch of men' - but again, I only want to hear about it...sounds like a great bedtime nightmare tale...
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Do convenience stores in India all have Americans working in them?

LOL

PS One of these days I'll probably visit China, so I'll go to a Shop that sells Jewelry and Handicrafts to do my Christmas Shopping. Stepping in the shop, what will I find on the Labels?

What else? AngryMADE IN THE USA!Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

PS One of these days I'll probably visit China, so I'll go to a Shop that sells Jewelry and Handicrafts to do my Christmas Shopping. Stepping in the shop, what will I find on the Labels?

What else? AngryMADE IN THE USA!Angry

That would be great!  We need to export.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That would be great!  We need to export.

THAT is a nice thought, should the U.S. of Americo move away from being basically a 'service-oriented' society.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:50am
True.  A service economy cannot be totally healthy. How can we afford to buy all of this junk?
Without hurting me,
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 1:20am
I just drank some Tree Top apple juice (product of China).  I just checked the Wrangler polo shirt I'm wearing (made in India) and my Dickies painter's shorts (made in Honduras) and the can of shaving cream that I just bought that's sitting on my desk (made in China).

But wait!  The can of compressed air on my desk here was assembled in the USA.  Yay!

Oh.  Its components are "both imported and domestic".

Sigh. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 1:37am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...one of them had a horrible time and was actually changed by a bunch of men and saw dead babies in the street...
ConfusedDeadErmm....errrrmmmm...there just HAS to be a story here - "changed" how? 

Dang typos. I meant CHASED!

Either that or your friend was very young...

....or maybe a bit on the "strange" side....

Tongue

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 1:39am
*shiver* Grown people dressed like babies.

Creepy.
Without hurting me,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic