Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico sushi commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico sushi commercial
    Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 4:55am
I can't decide if this should be in a hate or a love post - I have to admit, it makes me laugh...

Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 9:21am
WinkPersonally, I like this series of silly commercials...there's one more to come, if you hadn't seen it yet - you'll find it in this thread----->>> Direct Link To This Post
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:47pm
Isn't that guy the same douchnozzle  who was in that horrible ATT advert, where the parents were choosing which child they like better. He seems like a Will Farrell duplicate.
One man gathers what another man spills
Serval87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serval87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 11:44pm
I've only seen this one once, and it cracked me up.
Darkness follows as the siren sings.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 12:51am
Go back to my link and watch the 'roommate' one - and the outtakes. It is way out there.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 2:18am
Not at all funny. Eating 2 pet fish is saving money? So what do they do next time?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 3:47am
Think 'Veal', then remember ya got chilluns.
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 3:26am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Not at all funny. Eating 2 pet fish is saving money? So what do they do next time?

Yeah,I agree. Any commercial where a child's pet is involved in a negative way I am not laughing at. That's just wrong!
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 9:16pm
Wow. This guy deserves the A-hole Dad of the Year reward. This commercial just makes me feel sad...
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:46pm
Winkneeehhhh! I LOVE this commercial!
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 5:40am
Personally, I find it odd that though both parents love sushi, only the father gets to eat it. 

And no. It made me laugh uncomfortably the first time I saw it because of it's laid-back audacity, but I really don't like it. You don't kill and serve up someone's (your daughter's) pet!
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Carly Corday View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carly Corday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 5:51am
The man eating his daughter's goldfish, poking bits of food in his teeth with his tongue while he talks, almost made me throw up in my mouth. Sorry to say that, I'm offended by that much-used new expression, but I've learned what it means and why it's needed now, all day long.
The wife who serves the goldfish to the dad was also the wife of SPONGE BOB NO-PANTS. No wonder some can't quite decide whether to hate or love the geico goldfish commercial. That was a brilliant gem, wasn't it? SPONGE BOB....NO PANTS.

I agree with DEAR. That commercial makes me feel sad. It gives a short, light version of how you feel in the latter half of the soul-sick movie FUNNY GAMES. Nothing worse can ever be said of it than that.
"Turn up the crazy and tear off the knob!"
—Stephen Colbert to Fox News whack-job Glenn Beck (Indian name "Paints with Poop")
CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 6:11am
Geico is really stretching to squeeze humor out of these commercials. How is this saving money? If you're that hard up for money, then you can't afford a car and you don't need car insurance.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 6:35am
This commercial is just horrible! The parents are just selfish and uncaring. It makes me want to slap them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic