Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I guess I shoulda just called Animal Control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 8:47pm
Oh boy Thor your in a pickle! Even I don't know what to do! I liked Insanity213's idea of taking the dog to a no kill shelter.

I hope you have a sharp eye on your cats. I'd hate to hear about one of them being killed out of retaliation from this scumbag.  Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 11:12pm
Thor, find a look-alike chihuahua that is viscious and has rabies, then switch'em.  Who knows, it might take one of those assbags down before they realize it's fighting back....  Wink
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've always been a total weakling for animals, bwestfall.  Ever since I was a kid.

Update on the chihuhua:  none.  Haven't seen her since Monday.  I dunno if that's good or bad.

Out of sight - out of mind. Probably best this way.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:52am
Confused...(a few days later)...
Anything - any NEW events to report - or have the ScumBums been quiet?
Have you seen the (abused) puppy?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:58am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused...(a few days later)...
Anything - any NEW events to report - or have the ScumBums been quiet?
Have you seen the (abused) puppy?

Nope.  Not a thing, Pa.  As I said earlier, I don't know if that's good or bad.  Maybe they fixed the hole in the fence, but that only addresses the excuse they had for beating the pup.  It doesn't address the central issue of beating an animal for any reason.

At least they know they're "on notice".  I just hope that doesn't mean they've simply learned to beat the dog indoors instead of outdoors.

I hope this family thinks I'm unhinged.  They're fairly new to the 'hood, and don't know me.  All they saw, was this raging guy in filthy clothes (from yardwork) giving them crap.  Probably seemed like total white trash.  Sometimes such a reputation comes in handy, though.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:05am

Assuming you are correct and they ARE genuine 'asswipes', they will be quiet for a while - and offended - "the neighborhood is against us"-style attitude. Things will never get better. Unless they move, or plant each other in the back yard (leave the critters to loving families, please ~ actually saw that happen in North Carolina years ago, twice - in the same residence).

Watch for the pup.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:09am

I hope this family thinks I'm unhinged.

I got a coupla shotguns you can borrow if you wanna seal that deal. :D
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

Y- those kind take care of (and eliminate) their own.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:16am
From what I understand, they have guns and bows and arrows.  One of the neighbor kids tells me the guy's an ex-cop.  I dunno about that.  I don't think they're familiar with my critters, though.  Mine don't venture much down the courtyard.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:22am

From what I understand, they have guns and bows and arrows.  One of the neighbor kids tells me the guy's an ex-cop.  I dunno about that.  I don't think they're familiar with my critters, though.  Mine don't venture much down the courtyard.

As long as they've trained, then nobody should miss each other, during their next great indoor family event. Keep your hopes up.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:23am
On another note, I just rescued my neighb's cat Bubbles from an attack by two escaped Black Labs.  When it takes longer to tell the story than the event took itself, it's not worth going into details, so I won't.  Anyway, the dogs' owner retrieved the dogs and took Bubbles to the vet (Bubbles was limping), and it appears he only broke or tore three claws on his rear paw.  My neighbors will keep him in and keep an eye on him.

Seems the Labs only wanted to lick the cat.  He was drenched in slobber.

This must be animal week in my 'hood.  Weird.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:28am
ConfusedIt must be your neighborhood.
We have the hot dog family and a wolf (which means more are around) - they never meet face-to-face; no chance. We have plenty of wildlife (comes with the territory),
We don't have indicents and accidents ~ unless someone sneaks in to pet Aiden (no idiots thus far).

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:38am
Whaddya mean---I know you have dachsunds, but do you have an actual wolf, too?  Or is he just on your property?

My buddy Charlie's folks have coyotes near them.  They also have a Lab.  Sometimes, the Lab runs and plays with the coyotes.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 3:35am

Dogs don't eat crap, don't choke up furballs and then EAT THEM (which cats will readily do),
I let MissyDWolf lick me in the mouth - she doesn't eat poop or take it from anyone. She sure tries to shove a ton of it down my throat, though.
I let the ol'hotdogs do it - but they won't because they think I'm an idiot, lick myself, and eat poop.
I DO NOT lick myself.
Chihuahuas eat crap and were not blessed with brains...

Cats do NOT eat their furballs.

Never happens.

Dogs eat their own poop.

I've seen it.

Out one end, right back in the other.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 3:50am
Sneakers eats his own vomit...usually right after he's eaten a bowl of wet food too fast.  I let him.  That stuff is too expensive to just toss.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 4:10am
Well, that's different.

There's probably a lot of good chunks still in there.

But furballs are just tightly packed globs of hair.

I don't even know why they call them "balls".

They're more like tubes.

Or turds.

Hair turds.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 4:23am

Better yet, just entice some of SF's weird homeless population to set up camp in the guy's yard.  Pretty sure the city has a law on the books allowing the indigenous wildlife to live wherever they want.  And it's probably illegal to "harass" them, too.... LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 4:45am
Actually Thor, you shoulda just called the police.

Maybe kept your camcorder handy & actually got them on video.

I would keep the cats inside for a while.

That poor dog is probably being kept inside & kicked around out of sight.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well, that's different.

There's probably a lot of good chunks still in there.

Canned cat food and canned cat food vomit are virtually indistinguishable.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:21am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Better yet, just entice some of SF's weird homeless population to set up camp in the guy's yard.  Pretty sure the city has a law on the books allowing the indigenous wildlife to live wherever they want.  And it's probably illegal to "harass" them, too.... LOL

I'd have to go down and get them, and then drive 'em back.  That's 200 miles.  You know damned well they'd pee in my car.  Not worth it.

But yeah.  In SF, a vote to ban the homeless from sprawling out drunk on the sidewalks was actually controversial.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:25am

Actually Thor, you shoulda just called the police.

That's what I said in my first post. 

It was weird, though.  I kinda thought that as I was on my way to confront the guy, but I couldn't stop myself.  Even as I knocked on their door, I thought "This could turn out bad.", yet I knocked on that door anyway.  It did, however, feel good confronting these people.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:37am
They coulda came outside & kicked your ass. Shocked

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:46am
The guy came outside a few minutes after our first confrontation, but I was standing there with his neighbor two houses away, Tim, who's about 6'2" and 260 lbs.

Oh, and this wasn't my first time dealing with that family.  About a month ago, I watched as his older son, about 20, the one who beat the dog's head, casually dropped his foil juice pouch right on my lawn.  I picked it up, followed him to his house, and said "Excuse me, you dropped this".  I then pointed to his own garbage can and said "You got a garbage can right there.  Why would you toss your trash on the ground?"

He said nothing, just looked at me with a real "Duh" look on his face.

Whatta bunch of yahoos.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 7:07am

Dogs don't eat crap, don't choke up furballs and then EAT THEM (which cats will readily do),
I let MissyDWolf lick me in the mouth - she doesn't eat poop or take it from anyone. She sure tries to shove a ton of it down my throat, though.
I let the ol'hotdogs do it - but they won't because they think I'm an idiot, lick myself, and eat poop.
I DO NOT lick myself.
Chihuahuas eat crap and were not blessed with brains...
Originally posted by jimbo jimbo wrote:

Cats do NOT eat their furballs.
WinkHorsesh*t, Wilbur! *I* PERSONALLY have watched those wretched l'il'furrats eat their furball puke - many of them. Makes me gag, I tell ya! They eagerly treat it like an oven-fresh pukeloaf.
Originally posted by jimbo jimbo wrote:

Dogs eat their own poop.
LOLDOUBLE horsesh*t, Wilbur! Canines are superior critters; never eat sh*t. That is a human trait - think of 'Critical Bill' (Treat Williams), from "Things to do in Denver when You are Dead".
Now, let me get this straight - YOU'RE human, right?
The Inquiring Mindless Need to Know the following: Whadja have for dinner tonight, Bobo?
Aaaand...was it still warm? Was the texture to your approval?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 3:22pm
I have watched it with my own eyes.

Dog hunkers up, pinches a loaf, turns around & sniffs it then scarfs it right back up still fresh & warm.

And no matter what you "claim", I will never believe that cats eat their fur balls or that you've ever seen one. They purposely eat grass in order to get the things OUT of them, so why would they turn around & put it back IN them?

And besides..... fur balls are too big for a cat to eat. Cats have small mouths & can only handle small morsels of food.

Your claim is ludicrous.

AAMOF.... just go to YouTube & type in "dog eats it's own poop" & see how many results come back. Then change dogs to cats & see what you get. Change poop to fur balls too. See what comes up.

DOGS EAT POOP.

Period.

Wink

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic