Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Subway Kid-Voice Commercial!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Subway Kid-Voice Commercial!
    Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 11:52pm
I have no vid, but this one has Firemen talking like kids...

these commercials have to stop!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 11:55pm
Been watching for the vid for a while, now...just for the same reason as you, MrC
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 12:20am
If we start spreading the rumor that eating Subway sandwiches make you talk funny.....maybe...
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:13am
Utterly stupid, the weird thing is when they do the radio ad for this commercial the voices are normal. WTF!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:15am
Sooo annoying.  The long version of the ad where they do best out of three is annoying because each time they kind of stare at each other and give each other a look (which is not how real people do rock paper scissors), which is their obvious attempt to make it seem like there was enough time for the dude to finish the entire foot long sandwich while they're playing one game of rock paper scissors.  Then there's a short version where they just do it once, pan back to the guy and he's already done with his sandwich.  I hate all of these commercials - the adults talking like kids doesn't even make sense!  Can anyone find a connection between Subway sandwiches and talking like kids? 
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:22am
Originally posted by belc0011 belc0011 wrote:

Can anyone find a connection between Subway sandwiches and talking like kids? 

Maybe that Subway is being patronizing towards their customers...?  ("You're all just a bunch of children!  Now shut up and buy our Subway subs.")
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:22pm
I'm so sick of commercials with people talking with their mouths full.  It's freaking disgusting even if it's a smug 10 year old brat's voice over.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 7:12pm
Subhole had a commercial not that long ago with adults in an office setting talking with children's voices too; I thought "WTF do adults talking like children have to do with sub sandwiches any phucking way?" as well.
OuchConfusedAngryDeadAngryConfusedOuch

5dollarpuckyou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5dollarpuckyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 12:59am
If I was that firefighter I wouldn't have them "rock, paper, scissors" for it......

...."NO you're not getting my sandwich because it's MY FOOD!!!! GET YOUR OWN!!!"....

I hate these latest food advertisements where people think they are entitled to just steal/have other people's food.......go buy your own damn sandwich....
Sheriphie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheriphie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 3:56am
Subway sandwiches are freaking good, but these commercials make me want to punch small children. 
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 7:43am
Not only do they bring back the f*cking annoying kiddie voices, this commercial is another one that promotes stealing someone's food as amusing.   If that high-voiced little pr*ck tried to steal my sandwich, he'd be screaming in that same voice as he pulled back a bloody stump. 

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Bozoshow View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bozoshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 1:53am
"One, two, three shoot! One, two, three shoot!" Yes shoot the imbeciles who think this will entertain us and make us want their mutation of subs.
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 5:30pm
None of the kids I grew up with ever even played 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'...but where did this '1, 2, 3, SHOOT!' crap come from?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Obie Obie wrote:

None of the kids I grew up with ever even played 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'...but where did this '1, 2, 3, SHOOT!' crap come from?

It looks like a version of "duke".  But from what I remember, at the count of three, you either shot one finger or two.

Wow.  I can't remember how exactly it was played.  Anyone?

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Bozoshow Bozoshow wrote:

"One, two, three shoot! One, two, three shoot!" Yes shoot the imbeciles who think this will entertain us and make us want their mutation of subs.

LOLLOLLOL

purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:32pm
It's an actual game? I thought they were just going, "Shoot, I picked the wrong one!"
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by purrpickle purrpickle wrote:

It's an actual game? I thought they were just going, "Shoot, I picked the wrong one!"
Ok , Here's one I can handle....... Paper covers rock, Win    Scissors cut paper, Win   Rock breaks scissors, Win.......  did I miss anything ?
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:34am
You know, if there was an option where 'paper' was held off the ground, and a rock could be dropped through it...a far more realistic scenario...paper would never win!LOL
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 4:01am
"Rock - scissors - paper" is sooo lame. 
Playing "The Three Stooges" is a lot more fun: 
"rock" = fist (bonk'em on the head),  "paper" = open handed palm (slap'em in the face), and "scissors" = two-finger eye poke (you aren't actually supposed to do this)
First person to successfully do all three (at least once) to his opponent wins (but it only counts if you also do matching Stooges' sound effects/dialogue at the same time....)
LOL
Milly Bays View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milly Bays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 4:20am
I've always played rock, scissors, cloth, but that's besides the point, since rock apparently beats everything anyhow.
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:20pm
The commercial is a blatant ripoff of those Kid History videos on YouTube. KH does it better. FACT!
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
D-dog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 1:25am
I really hate this commercial, and pretty much any commercial that implies the business's customers are idiots!  Or is saying firemen are idiots?  or thieves?  Not sure what it's saying.
This reminds me a bit of Quizno's old commercials with the rats (or whatever they were).  Like I want to eat someplace where rats promote their foot. 
Subway should wake up - their commercial is insulting!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 2:18am
Originally posted by D-dog D-dog wrote:

I really hate this commercial, and pretty much any commercial that implies the business's customers are idiots!  Or is saying firemen are idiots?  or thieves?  Not sure what it's saying.
This reminds me a bit of Quizno's old commercials with the rats (or whatever they were).  Like I want to eat someplace where rats promote their foot.

I remember the old Quisno's adverts that used those rat-like creatures...I too have the same sentiment as you: why would I eat someplace where their food is promoted by smelly, disease-ridden vermin?!? AngryDeadAngry

Originally posted by D-dog D-dog wrote:

Subway should wake up - their commercial is insulting!

Or to put it another way I've heard: Subway needs to wake up & smell the urine. ShockedDeadAngryDeadShocked
(or, "wake up & smell the piss" if you prefer)

Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 5:18pm
And why does the female worker who's sitting on the bench have an totally pissed off SCOWL on her face? She didn't have her sandwich stolen. I guess she's just a bitter bitch, so how does that make the commercial appealing?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 7:32pm
MissyDWolf doesn't like this commercial because of the avacado. She hates avacado - thinks it is 'plant puke'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic