Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet Pictures Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 3:24am
aww she's adorable!

she reminds me my cat Deedie! (she's also black like that.)  (I had the spelling spelling wrong before, I checked her pill bottle, ((she has a thyroid problem and she takes pills for it)) for the spelling of her name.)

Big%20smile
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 6:54am
Sorry to hear about that, Jimmy.  I dread that day, myself.  Never had to go through that personally, as these (my cats) are my first real pets.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 10:09pm
Thanks to all of you!

You're all so kind. That's why I love this forum so much, you guys are real.

Puffy will be remembered with so much love by me, but he'll never be replaced.

I've had cats before, and I have some others now, but Puff was very unique.

I always called him "a good bad boy". That was my buddy.

(to Thor, it's one of the roughest decisions you'll ever have to make, and I hope you'll never have to have it done to your friends)
One man gathers what another man spills
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 10:46pm
I'm so sorry to hear about that, jimmy. Cry
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Thanks to all of you!

You're all so kind. That's why I love this forum so much, you guys are real.

Puffy will be remembered with so much love by me, but he'll never be replaced.

I've had cats before, and I have some others now, but Puff was very unique.

I always called him "a good bad boy". That was my buddy.

(to Thor, it's one of the roughest decisions you'll ever have to make, and I hope you'll never have to have it done to your friends)
Jimmy, I had to put down my beloved Brittany spaniel, Louie, some years ago, he was 16, so old and so sick. I also went through it with one of my kitties, Mr. Katz, I hope you know that the decision you made for your darling friend was correct and humane, it doesn't stop the hurt though. Don't let anyone say "he was just a cat", our pets are a part of us always.
Adreme View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

No pictures to post, I love all of everyones pictures of their best friends.

I'm very sad here today. I lost my favourite 12 year old ginger tabby named Puffy.

He had a sudden kidney infection that was incurable, so we opted to have him put to sleep.

It hurts really bad, I loved him so much! 

Jimmy,  I am so saddened to hear this.  I know exactly what you're going through, I've been through it myself.  My heart goes out to you, I know how much  it hurts.  If you need to vent, pm me, I'll give you my email address.  

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 4:14am
After my cats inevitably die, I'm just gonna try to keep in mind that they had great lives, and  the sorrow I'll be feeling at that point will be sorrow for myself.  That is, it's all about me at that point...and that's something I'll be able to get over. 

We'll see how that works out.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 4:24am
One of the "happy places" (Wacko) I go to as the need arises is back to the Friday at 1am about 5 years ago when, after Mickey had been missing for 5 days and I'd about given up hope, I heard his meow coming from the backyard.  I was upstairs, getting ready to go to bed, when I heard a meow, looked out the window into the backyard, and saw him looking right up at me.  He was hungry, but not particularly phased about having been gone for 5 days.  I, on the other hand, was ecstatic.

Never did figure out where he'd been.  I'm thinking he got locked in someone's shed or something.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:18am
Jimmy:

I am so, so sorry to hear about Puffy.  I went through it three years ago with my baby, Brownie.  You'll cry for awhile, but eventually, you'll be able to think about him and be happy you shared your lives. HugCry
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:30am
Meanwhile, here are mine.

This is TJ:

Brownie (lost her three years ago) and TJ. I called them brother and sister, but they weren't. They were just both my kids:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:32am
Beautiful!!  They do look alike.

The top pic looks professional, Faith! 
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:32am
Thanks!  Nope, I did it myself. 
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2008 at 2:07am
ANNIE!

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2008 at 2:19am
Molly.  I miss her.

msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2008 at 5:37pm
My kittie groucho ran away almost two years ago when my daughter left the door open.  He is not an outdoor cat even though he was huge and had his claws (made me feel a little better).  He never went far when he got out so I knew he had to be close.  I searched all over out neighborhood.  I paid the kids to look for him and everthing.  I would drive to the spca everyday and cry when he wasn't there.  I had that cat longer than my kid.  I still get a little excited when I see a black & white cat in the back yard.  I miss my kittie.  It sucks too cuz people are like " its just a cat".  THose people SUCK.
Adreme View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by msdeli msdeli wrote:

My kittie groucho ran away almost two years ago when my daughter left the door open.  He is not an outdoor cat even though he was huge and had his claws (made me feel a little better).  He never went far when he got out so I knew he had to be close.  I searched all over out neighborhood.  I paid the kids to look for him and everthing.  I would drive to the spca everyday and cry when he wasn't there.  I had that cat longer than my kid.  I still get a little excited when I see a black & white cat in the back yard.  I miss my kittie.  It sucks too cuz people are like " its just a cat".  THose people SUCK.

I know how you feel, I was telling Jimmy about all the emotions I went through when I had to put my first kitty to sleep almost 6 years ago.  I cried for weeks.  I don't have any kids, I got her when she was 6 weeks old and she lived to be 18 1/2.  So... she was like a kid to me.  I ignored people who said "it's just a pet" who thought I should not feel bad after two or three days.  They are obviously not animal lovers and they wouldn't understand if I even TRIED to explain it.   
Adreme View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

After my cats inevitably die, I'm just gonna try to keep in mind that they had great lives, and  the sorrow I'll be feeling at that point will be sorrow for myself.  That is, it's all about me at that point...and that's something I'll be able to get over. 

We'll see how that works out.

Thor, having gone through that, I agree with you.  You'll just have to remember that you gave them a great life with lots of love, and they were better off in life because of you.  I think that's the only thing that helped me get through it. 
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 11:34pm
I just had to have my almost-10-year-old kitty put down a couple of months ago.  It makes me feel a little better believing that she's with Daddy(my late husband)now.  I also think that if she's got a litter box up there, he has to clean it!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by smittykins smittykins wrote:

I just had to have my almost-10-year-old kitty put down a couple of months ago.  It makes me feel a little better believing that she's with Daddy(my late husband)now.  I also think that if she's got a litter box up there, he has to clean it!

That's priceless!
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 10:14pm
MORE ANNIE!

My aunt and her new dog, Willie!

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:57am
Mikey, Ladie's man [ dog]
this%20is%20my%20%20sexy%20face!!!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:28am
Mikey......bringing sexy back!!!!
come%20get%20me%20%20bitches!!!!
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 1:39am
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 1:08pm
Mikey, beachmaster!!!!
spaniel%20air%20%20cleared%20for%20takeoff
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Mikey, Ladie's man [ dog]
this%20is%20my%20%20sexy%20face!!!

Your doggie is so cute! Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
  Share Topic