Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roll call.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roll call.
    Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 8:15am
Okay, I guess I'll dare:

Name:
Faith (My last name has need-to-know status.)

Age: 52-3/4, chronologically.  Mentally, I think I'm 36.  Sometimes my body feels like it's 90.  Then again, I'm not mature enough to be this old.

Location: San Francisco, California, where every day is Halloween.

Occupation: Former legal secretary.  Jewish Mother to my son and my friends (I feed people and nag them about their comfort until they are either comfortable or pissed off.  Unbeknownst to me, my best friends had a bet going to see how long it would take me to offer them food after they got here.  I think 5 minutes was the longest.)

Interests: Singing, reading, crossword and jigsaw puzzles, sitting online for hours, entertaining, hanging with friends. 

Personal:  Just ask me.

Famous last words:
I've been observed hitting a parking curb and saying, "We're here!!!"
(It always makes my kid laugh.)

Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Here's that actual lost pup I've wanted since about the age of 7 when this pic adorned my bedroom wall:

OMG, it's a Keane! There used to be a Keane Gallery in the Sheraton Palace downtown.  Who could forget all those little kids with the HUGE eyes?  Looking at it now, it's not all that attractive.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 1:28am
Dogs need to be taken outside, no matter what the weather. Then there's the matter of picking up their poop.Embarrassed
My Bro has a pygmy frog....among other critters. Thought about those, but they seem boring.
Looking for a cat, myself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 12:54am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

...And I want it to be a stray that somehow crosses my path.  In my fantasy, it's a ragged-looking thing that's walking aimlessly on some road.  I'm just waiting for this to happen.

It's been on on Ihasahotdog.com...

...but don't feel bad or anything.

Here's that actual lost pup I've wanted since about the age of 7 when this pic adorned my bedroom wall:

msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 12:44am
I used to have pet rats.  I miss them.  They would go everywhere with me, riding on my shoulder.  My mom was suprised cause all they ever did in their tank was clean themselves.  I would recommend a rat over a hamster any day. Faith, that is my dream job, working at a zoo.  I used to work at an animal distribution warehouse so I got to play with all of the ferrets, lizards and chinchillas.  Unfort. the zoo's around here aren't really hiring and when they do the pay is way to low.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by AngryMcPisseron AngryMcPisseron wrote:

You could always get a couple of pet rats...they're clean (ie. ***NOT*** stinky), smart enough to be trained to play some simple games, affectionate, and can be left unattended for a week or so if they're provided with sufficient food and water for the duration.

Thanks, Angry! My cousin had a pet rat. My problem,though, is I've seen too many NYC subway rats,  to consider having any kind of rat for a pet. (The NYC rats - you can throw a saddle on them - gives me the heebie jeebies).

I would *like* to travel as much as I can now while my husband and I are in fairly decent health, so maybe I'll hold off a few years until I begin my serious pet collection.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 7:05pm
And I'm a Gemini.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 7:04pm
Name: Kat. And that's all you need to know.

Occupation: One half unemployed, one half Hannah Montana. Dang, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

Interests: Music, dance, and comedy are some. But my top two are art and fashion.

Personal: . . . . . yes?

Famous last words: Don't f**k with me, fellas!

madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 6:39pm
Big Momma, Mikey is absolutely gorgeous!  
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 6:36pm
I'd LOVE to have a dog.  My friends make fun of me, because every time I see one, I'm like, "Puppy!!!"  If they're within reach (or even a little out-of-reach), I MUST pet them.  Most of them love me.**  But I can't have a dog in my apartment.  I love my cat, truly.  But there's nothing like a dog!

** Occasionally, I have what I call a "St. Francis period," where animals will respond to me who usually don't like strangers.  It always seems to freak their owners out.  One girl who had an iguana outside a food store let me hold it.  It climbed up my chest and started licking my cheek.  The girl got upset because "He only does that with me!"  Another time, a cat who disliked strangers came right up to me on the sidewalk, rolled over, and demanded petting.  A neighbor said he NEVER goes to strangers. 

The best one was once when I went to the aquarium in San Francisco.  There was a Queen Triggerfish in one of the huge tanks, and she came up to the glass in front of me.  I motioned as though I were petting her, and she sidled up to the glass so her side was to me, so she could be "petted."  This went on for about 20 minutes, with her swimming around the tank a little and then coming back to me.  Some little kid said, "Mommy, look at that fish talking to the lady!"  One of the guards happened on us and said he has never seen anything like it.  It just made me feel great.

I should have worked in a zoo.  I worked in law firms, but that was the wrong kind of zoo. *sigh*

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 6:32pm
You could always get a couple of pet rats...they're clean (ie. ***NOT*** stinky), smart enough to be trained to play some simple games, affectionate, and can be left unattended for a week or so if they're provided with sufficient food and water for the duration.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 6:28pm
I'm down to 1 cat now. She's afraid of EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. When we go away, she runs outside and stays under the porch for days. We want to TRY to go to Italy in November, but there's always the thought of my poor kitty outside in the cold for 2 weeks.

I think if we boarded her, she'd roll over and croak. It's a real dilemma. And something I always think of when I hear of pets for adoption. I'd LOVE a dog and another cat but with Ms. Paranoid Whiskers, it just wouldn't be fair.

My next pet will be a laid back turtle.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 5:52pm

...And I want it to be a stray that somehow crosses my path.  In my fantasy, it's a ragged-looking thing that's walking aimlessly on some road.  I'm just waiting for this to happen.

It's been on on Ihasahotdog.com...

...but don't feel bad or anything.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 4:04pm
I used to like cats, but I had some really bad experiences as a child that prevents me from wanting one.
was feeling nostalgic
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 2:49pm

i%20am%20godfather%20%20you%20pay%20mai%20tribute?

This is one I made last winter, of my dog Mikey.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Us dog lovers are in the minority.  I refrain from making cats jokes.

Shadow, when I moved into my house, I really wanted a dog.  I love dogs!  I ended up with three cats, and I'm now totally crazy about them.  Still, I want a dog.  Like MrsHill, I want a medium-sized mutt.  And I want it to be a stray that somehow crosses my path.  In my fantasy, it's a ragged-looking thing that's walking aimlessly on some road.  I'm just waiting for this to happen.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 3:59am

I'll throw a bone to the catties here.  too cutsie for me but....

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

Shadow, I found that site last week, when BigMomma mentioned "I can has cheeseburgers," but of course I wasn't spelling it "correctly."  That site cracks me up.  I used to think they were dumb, but that's because I never saw any really funny ones.  These are a hoot!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 3:56am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

I love dogs as well!  When we build a bigger home, I would like to get a medium-sized mutt.  I don't like dogs that constantly bark.  If you have a dog, please, for the love of God, train it.

If I lived way out in the country & had a reasonably large piece of land & plenty of extra money to spend on vet bills, I wouldn't mind having a dog myself.

They seem to always have some expensive medical problem or another.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 3:52am

Cats are cool, dude.

That's why cool people are called "cats". Cool

You just need to become pals with a friendly old tomcat.

They're like dogs with whiskers.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 3:51am
I love dogs as well!  When we build a bigger home, I would like to get a medium-sized mutt.  I don't like dogs that constantly bark.  If you have a dog, please, for the love of God, train it.

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 2:50am

http://icanhascheezburger.com/
was feeling nostalgic
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 2:43am
Awesome, dude. Thumbs%20Up

That's the main requirement for fitting in well at this forum.

Although we tolerate "dog folks" too.

Anyone who loves aminals is OK around here.

C'mon, man!
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Occupation: Booze fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton Sadism. Planning on attending pro wrestling school. 

Please tell us that cruelty & sadism doesn't extend to animals!!!!

Nope I'm a cat lover.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 4:14am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Occupation: Booze fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton Sadism. Planning on attending pro wrestling school. 

Please tell us that cruelty & sadism doesn't extend to animals!!!!

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 8:14pm
Name: Mark R. Jones

Status: somewhere between moving pass childhood and being an adult, planning to get a job soon (got to work on that.)

Location: none of your damn business.....................................................ok ok I give, Torrington,CT

Interests: MANY,art,cars,video games,computers, old things, retro things,soft things,animals, really cool things,etc.

Political affiliation:  pretty much liberal, I forgot what the political compass said, I upheld the Constitution, hate being lied to,respect my rights,I don't think corporations should be allowed to be completely unregulated,hate conspiracy theories that have unsupported/fake evidence,I'm pretty much all for common sense.

Personal: I have a pretty twisted sense of humor.

Famous Last Words: WATCH THIS!!!!!

Favorite Food: Pizza, Chicken, pretty much anything that tastes good, nothing that'll gross me out, no prunes,or tofu.

Favorite music: rock, blues, some rap(the older kind),classical,very few country,if it's decent I'll listen to it, no emo/whiny/whimp rock/hip hop/bling rap/crappy sh*t I can't take it.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic