Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - State Farm 'State of Confusion' (falcon)  (VIDEO)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm 'State of Confusion' (falcon) (VIDEO)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm 'State of Confusion' (falcon) (VIDEO)
    Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 2:46am
Who the hell wants a stinkin' falcon?! 
So...State Farm claims you save so much money that someone will have you thinking they bought you a falcon when you probably should be thinking about who else has access to your accounts...ya know, maybe you might think, "hmmm...if my agent didn't do this and my wife didn't do this, well, who really did? Did it come from QVC or the Home Shopping Channel as a 'bonus gift', or are they still charging me for stuff I never knew about?"
Then there is the Moosehead, tuba, stupid parrot, and funny looking guy wearing Chinese armour.
Really dumb, I tell ya...even the ETrade Baby would have gotten himself a new notepad.
Nope - State Farm has to show us 'Stupid People Doing Stupid Things With Their Money'; they have shown us their basic customer profile...so - are YOU a State Farm customer?
Now...back to 'dem nasty falcons:
We have the lil'stinkers all over the place, here. Sometimes they like to dive-bomb me when I'm riding, other times they'll team up with buzzards and circle over me, waiting for me to die...mean lil'flying rats!
Early one morning, I even saw one fly through the trees and snatch other bird, in flight, right in front of my face, out in front of MissyDWolf's Family Mart. Personally, I didn't consider that a 'family-friendly' action and certainly would have tossed a rock at the falcon if it wasn't just one of the coolest things I've seen. 

A FORD 'Falcon' is exempted, here...

<<<---State Farm Idiots
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:10am
These commercials especially Insurance ones (State Farm, Gieco, Progressive) continue to promote this save money propaganda. They never use the word spend money which is exactly what you're doing when you buy insurance, that wouldn't sound very good. So they beat you over the head with this falsehood that if you join our insurance company we practically give you cash and you'll have so much money you won't know what to do with it.
Here's a reality check. We only earn but so much cash on our jobs we pay rent, utilities and 100 other necessities in life and then we might have a little to put in a bank and save. THAT'S SAVING MONEY! Buying car insurance is just that BUYING it's one of those necessities if you have a car. Might i spend a little less one compared to another? Of course but it's still spending. With the difference you'd probably just pay some other bill.  "Our clients save on an average $428 a year." No they spend $1000!
Nobody's buying falcons or anything else after they finish with you.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:14am
I do! I want a falcon. Falcons are so cute!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:28am
Originally posted by CNick CNick wrote:

Here's a reality check. We only earn but so much cash on our jobs we pay rent, utilities and 100 other necessities in life and then we might have a little to put in a bank and save. THAT'S SAVING MONEY! Buying car insurance is just that BUYING it's one of those necessities if you have a car. Might i spend a little less one compared to another? Of course but it's still spending. With the difference you'd probably just pay some other bill.  "Our clients save on an average $428 a year." No they spend $1000!

Even when I was a teenager visiting a mall and seeing a big sign in a store window that said "The more you buy, the more you save!", I saw the absurdity in it.

Ultron 5 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 11:17pm
More All men are 100% idiots....yay.

I wish men would just be smart like women and buy only important things.
I comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:25am
We are - that's why you don't have jack-sh*t...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Who the hell wants a stinkin' falcon?! 

We have the lil'stinkers all over the place, here. Sometimes they like to dive-bomb me when I'm riding, other times they'll team up with buzzards and circle over me, waiting for me to die...

LOL

CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:43pm
Again men are seen as mindless puppies following their wives around and making ridiculous purchases that their wives need an explanation for.
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 5:16pm
It's only a matter of time before that Falcon remembers it's a wild animal and rips that guy's face off with it's razor sharp talons.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 3:45am
Originally posted by CNick CNick wrote:

...We only earn but so much cash on our jobs we pay rent, utilities and 100 other necessities in life and then we might have a little to put in a bank and save. THAT'S SAVING MONEY! Buying car insurance is just that BUYING it's one of those necessities if you have a car. Might i spend a little less one compared to another? Of course but it's still spending. With the difference you'd probably just pay some other bill.  "Our clients save on an average $428 a year." No they spend $1000!
Nobody's buying falcons or anything else after they finish with you.

BRAVO, CNick!!! Someone else besides me knows what saving is.

Here's TK's acid test for saving: You know you have saved when you have MORE money in your pocket/wallet/bank account AFTER you saved than you did BEFORE you saved.

TK's corollary to the acid test: Overspending in the short term to achieve long term unit-price reduction is not saving. This is the great fallacy of couponing and warehouse-club buying. No one who does so ever saves much--they just keep buying more. My wife has been couponing and buying large quantities at BJ's for several years--but I have yet to hear her say "Honey, I'm all stocked up; you can put half of the grocery budget in the savings account for the next couple months."

She learned long ago not to tell me how much money she "saved" buying extra stuff with her coupons while out shopping. I tend to ask impertinent questions like, "How much money did you spend?" "How much would you have spent if you didn't have the coupons?" "So how much did you save, again?"LOL

Ladies, before you pile on, I do truly appreciate my wife's efforts at efficient buying--couponing, for example, takes a lot of time. Overall, she's very frugal, and saves real money in several ways. Just not these ones.
Hundreds of threads killed.
CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 6:35am

She learned long ago not to tell me how much money she "saved" buying extra stuff with her coupons while out shopping. I tend to ask impertinent questions like, "How much money did you spend?" "How much would you have spent if you didn't have the coupons?" "So how much did you save, again?"LOL

Ladies, before you pile on, I do truly appreciate my wife's efforts at efficient buying--couponing, for example, takes a lot of time. Overall, she's very frugal, and saves real money in several ways. Just not these ones.
[/QUOTE]

I hear you BK. All of us try to get good deals and shop around for for low prices to make our dollars go farther, but I have yet to see anyone driving around in a new car, taking trips or having access to a load of disposable cash because of it. These companies would love for you to believe that because it benefits them. When was the last time you had a friend pull up in his new car and say "I got this car because I saved money on my Insurance" No "I worked two jobs and I ate bagged lunch for a year."
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:33am
What I want to know, is if she's married to the guy, he wouldn't have told her how he was going to spend $500 freakin' dollars??? Also, I would think insurance would be something you'd look at together, so she had no clue? Seriously? The whole not telling your spouse where you got something or not answering their questions so you have to call someone else because they won't frickin' speak to you???

...Yes. I have issues with this commercial. It's like the woman who used credit card points to buy a dress, when apparently it costs the same as a freakin' vacation. Also, without telling her husband. To me, that's gross misconduct of funds. Sure, you don't have to tell your spouse everything you do with your money - but that's it: it's your money! Credit card points and insurance... That's not just yours! ...And on that note, if you're quote-un-quote saving money by switching, why turn around and buy something else if the whole point is to save!!!!!?????

Okay. I said my piece. Bleh.
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:03pm
State Farm has an even *funnier* commercial out. Meet Jerry, the tool that backs over telephone poles and cries about it.Ermm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

State Farm has an even *funnier* commercial out. Meet Jerry, the tool that backs over telephone poles and cries about it.Ermm
CryTizzer...you just touched on probably the 'Most Stupid Commercial of 2011'....
CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 5:32am
State Farm is trying really hard to stoop down to the Geico, Progressive level (and may I add Farmers insurance too) when it comes to groping for our attention. These lame attempts at humor are just getting more and more pathetic.
calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 8:56am
Notice its always the white man whos the fool in these commercials.  The bumbling husbands always have to explain to their "all knowing genius wives" every single thing they do and justify all their purchases even though its there money.  So the wife can buy 10 pairs of shoes on your AMX Gold card but you can't buy a falcon because she says so?  
CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 8:09pm
I don't know of any commercials nowadays that makes men look smart.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by calzonesays calzonesays wrote:

Notice its always the white man whos the fool in these commercials.   

I've come to accept that just like I've come to accept the stupid husband/father and the uber-smart 8 y/o girl in commercials.  That is, with resignation and a sigh.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by calzonesays calzonesays wrote:

Notice its always the white man whos the fool in these commercials.   

I've come to accept that just like I've come to accept the stupid husband/father and the uber-smart 8 y/o girl in commercials.  That is, with resignation and a sigh.

Angry...well, *I* haven't - and *I'm* friggin' sick of it, I'm here to tell ya!
Clean sidewalk (heck, THAT sidewalk is almost clean enough to drop your food on, then pick it up and stick it in your mouth!) and NO liquor bottles, needles, or meth/crack pipes in the pic PLUS an apparently well-dressed and groomed young man taking a nap at his favorite hang-out...imagine all the grief KFC got when they tried to use their stereotypical 'dumb babby daddy' with this shot - doncha know they went right back to the wimpy white boy:

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:47am
God that wife is so smug. "Well that explains a lot ::derpy face::" EXCEPT WHY YOU'RE CLUELESS AND FRUMPY!

Burn.

Anyway I agree with the whole spending/saving thing. Since my background is marketing I know better then to fall into the spend more/save more hype. It's why companies have gotten into t he habit of putting "Savings" at the bottom of the receipt. Look you spend 1000 dollars BUT YOU SAVED 200 OMG.

Kohl's in particular is the worst. They follow the "everything is on sale" model. But it's not, because you never pay the regular price, ever. The higher price only exists to make you feel better about paying what you're paying. Would you buy the 14.99 tank top if it was regular price, or if it is 50% off of 29.99? So many ignorant people out there are suckers when it comes to this. Omaha Steaks has the same model.

Also I love how the wife is straight up blaming the insurance guy over the falcon. Bitch YOU let him buy the falcon! My husband knows better then to run off and spend 500 dollars without telling me, and I don't spend anywhere near that without asking him first. It's called communication, it's called boundaries. Try it sometime, also a new hair cut and some nicer clothing wouldn't hurt!

It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Bennett View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:57pm
Great, another "men are stupid, they can't shave, and thank God the adult (wife) is there to prevent dum-dum from sticking his finger in the electrical socket" commercial.

Does State Farm not realize that men also buy insurance. Usually they show these types of ads to target women. But insurance is a service that both men and women buy. Well State Farm, you'll never get my business thanks to your depiction of men in this offensive commercial.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Anyway I agree with the whole spending/saving thing. Since my background is marketing I know better then to fall into the spend more/save more hype. It's why companies have gotten into t he habit of putting "Savings" at the bottom of the receipt. Look you spend 1000 dollars BUT YOU SAVED 200 OMG.

You took marketing. How can each insurance company claim "they save you $400" over every other company, when those same other companies claim the same dam thing?
And it's always "around $400" ?Confused
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

You took marketing. How can each insurance company claim "they save you $400" over every other company, when those same other companies claim the same dam thing?
And it's always "around $400" ?Confused
ConfusedWould that be like "WE SAVE YOU roughly $1 per day (plus interest) over the cost of doing business with them"?
Great.
State Farm saves you that dollar that both 'Feed The Chilluns' and 'ASPCA' know you have and are fighting over...

CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 9:29pm
With all the money the insurance companies claim to "save" you, you'd think the insurance was free. The word "savings" is a placebo to numb you to how much you're really paying.
And if you do have $400 in the bank, it didn't come from so-called "savings". What, did the guy put $2 a day in the bank that represented his savings from switching insurance companies? No, that money gets used for milk, bread, coffee and other essentials. Nobody really sees that extra couple of bucks, and if you do, you spend it right away or give it to your kids.
These marketing campaigns are just clever ways of telling lies.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 12:34am
I still want a falcon.

Maybe some ravens.

and I am a black female, not that it matters, but yeah.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic