Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dunkin Donuts Frozen Hot Chocolate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dunkin Donuts Frozen Hot Chocolate
    Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 6:40pm
Jeez, does the big lipped guy have to be a total killjoy?

Something really bugs me about the way he says "just reading what was on the cup."
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Sponsored Links

meathousehoolihan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meathousehoolihan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 6:51pm
It's "...FYI" guy!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by meathousehoolihan meathousehoolihan wrote:

It's "...FYI" guy!

Looks like maybe he's trying to carve out a little niche for himself as "the guy who reads the packaging".

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 7:48pm
"Frozen Hot Chocolate"
The further dumbing-down of our chilluns by our chilluns...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 1:03pm
Hahahaha. I JUST posted a rant on this commercial. Didn't see that you had posted down here. I can't tell who is more annoying, the guy who thinks he's awesome because he can read OR the ugly, stoner bitch in the stupid hippie hat who is like "AHHHHHHH You got it!"

Grrrrrrrr Angry
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

"Frozen Hot Chocolate"
The further dumbing-down of our chilluns by our chilluns...

Wash it down with some Heated Cold Coors beer.
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 7:55am
Jesus, that girls face when she says "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" is ridiculously annoying.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Agent_Sometime Agent_Sometime wrote:

Jesus, that girls face when she says "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" is ridiculously annoying.
It's like she's got rubberband lips - even when she's talking - nobody's mouth moves that much!

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 5:06pm
It's like frozen hot chocolate...

YOU MEAN A F***CKING CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE? That looks so gross anyway. Had they shown these people partaking in a panel of acid or some shrooms their reaction might have made more sense.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 2:30pm
In the fall Dunkin is introducing their new untoasted grilled cheese. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 3:21pm
Ice Loves Coco.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 4:00pm

Why would I pay them 3 bucks a cup for that stuff when I can just buy some grocery store brand hot chocolate mix for about 10 cents per envelope, mix it up in the comfort & convenience of my own home then stick it in the freezer for about 30 minutes & have the same damned thing for about 1/10th of the price????

There's a sucker born every minute, I guess. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Looks like maybe he's trying to carve out a little niche for himself as "the guy who reads the packaging".

Which causes one to wonder.... if they didn't know what it was by the time they arrived at the park & sat down at the picnic table to drink it, how did they even order it to begin with???

Did they just stand there at the counter drooling on their shirts & point at a picture?

"Duuhhhh... I want have drink in picture!!!!!

Maybe some homeless guy came by who just happened to have 3 of them in his shopping cart & wanted to get rid of them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 4:36pm
Yep.  "Frozen Hot Chocolate" just sounds like something you'd concoct at home on a hot day if you ran out of ice cream or didn't have Nestles Quik.  In fact, I made frozen hot chocolate years ago that way.

Starbucks has this frozen vanilla thing that's reeeeally good. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 4:39pm
And probably reeeeally expensive.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yeah.  It's something I've only gotten at airports, where everything's expensive anyway.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yeah.  It's something I've only gotten at airports, where everything's expensive anyway.

So, Thor.... how much did your trip cost?

"Coupla thousand."

Wow, that's a lot.

"Yeah. Woulda only been fifteen hundred if I hadn't gotten that damned vanilla-thingy at the airport Starbucks."

C'mon, man!
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 7:12pm
Jimbo, for the same reason people pay $4+ for a CUP of coffee at Starbucks, when they buy a CAN of coffee at the supermarket for the same price and brew their own. I don't understand it either...Confused
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 7:48pm

I have a gift certificate for Starbucks. I save them for when I go on vacation and need coffee n the morning. Otherwise, I never step foot in one.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 8:08pm

I go to Starbucks when I'm out on business...to pick up the occasional music CD. They've had some great collections worth the money spent.

Their coffee? You MUST be kidding!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic