Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Wendy's Burger: Messy Family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flabbergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Wendy's Burger: Messy Family
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:53am
All right...I had to finally come out of hiding in order to share my seething hatred for this new Wendy's bit. I searched to see if it had already been done, but I found nothing.

I live in a house with two extremely irritable people, and the sound of people chewing food makes them go nuts. Previous to viewing this commercial, I thought I was the patient, reasonable one in the house. Now, whenever I hear the little tinkling music and sounds of smacking wet lips, I want to take a leisurely stroll down to the park and start headbutting small children.   :(
Or...you know. Mute the TV or something.

The current bane of my existence:

Sponsored Links

ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 12:19pm
That is ******* disgusting...it literally angers me.  When are these idiot ad execs going to learn that mouth noises, food on faces, etc. is completely gross?  Whom do they think will actually get a smile out of this gluttonous display?  Angry  Thank goodness I haven't seen it air around here yet!!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 1:54pm
GAAAAHHH! I could barely make it through the whole 20 odd seconds of thaat! Its really disgusting. I don't eat at Wendy's and they've now successfully convinced me that I never will!

Really, that was sickening.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
skullface2112 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skullface2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 2:48pm
As a Wendy's fan (I personally think it's the best fast food place, with BK as a close second), this one disgusts me to the core. Don't these guys realize people eat when they watch TV (I do anyway)? I don't want to have a gag reflex during the commercials.
"Never doubt the power of stupidity in numbers." Why do you think there's so many crappy commercials out there?
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 5:46pm
Ugh...I get where they were going with this, and the baby is cute enough that it COULD be bearable, but it still fails. If I'm eating something messy I'm wiping my mouth or hands every 5 seconds. I can't just go at it and clean up the disaster after.

Thankfully I've never seen this on tv. Knock on wood.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 5:51pm
Dead...it was only mildly disgusting until the final scene where Mom 'High-Fives' her caged carpet crawler, very effectively passing the e-coli bacteria...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
drakkonia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakkonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 6:27pm
The only thing this ad does is remind me of how messy Wendy's burgers are to eat.  And watching babies eat is never appetizing.  Doesn't exactly make me want to go there for dinner tonight.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by drakkonia drakkonia wrote:

..And watching babies eat is never appetizing...

DeadOnly thing worse is watching the family pet clean off the baby tray before you had the chance to wipe it clean, much less scoop your 'yard ape' from the high chair...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:39pm
GOD I HATE LIP SMACKING. Who the hell decided long ago that the louder you eat a food the more enjoyable people will think it is? Also I hate the weird bulgey eyed wiggle the baby does at the end. It's almost like it's cgi or not a real baby.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Dead...it was only mildly disgusting until the final scene where Mom 'High-Fives' her caged carpet crawler, very effectively passing the e-coli bacteria...

LOL  Are they feeding that carpet crawler fast food?Confused
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Also I hate the weird bulgey eyed wiggle the baby does at the end. It's almost like it's cgi or not a real baby.

That's what I hated the most about this commercial! That and, what the hell is the baby eating? Do we even wanna know?
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
flabbergasted View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flabbergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 1:24am
Originally posted by purrpickle purrpickle wrote:

Also I hate the weird bulgey eyed wiggle the baby does at the end. It's almost like it's cgi or not a real baby.

That's what I hated the most about this commercial! That and, what the hell is the baby eating? Do we even wanna know?

I've seen it up close, unfortunately....the mysterious food pile resembles some sort of meaty corkscrew pasta that was dumped onto the tray.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 5:25pm
UGH, this is just nasty!

Repeat after me people - napkins are your FRIENDS! USE THEM!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by drakkonia drakkonia wrote:

..And watching babies eat is never appetizing...

DeadOnly thing worse is watching the family pet clean off the baby tray before you had the chance to wipe it clean, much less scoop your 'yard ape' from the high chair...
DAMMIT PA!  I now have a piece of a Snickers bar wedged in my esophogus. DAMMIT I can't stop laughing - I literally have tears rolling down my cheeks.

I cannot WAIT to fit that phrase into a conversation. et me call up the Duggers.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL (yard ape!) LOLLOLLOL dying here... can't breathe....
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 9:35pm

GOD I HATE LIP SMACKING. Who the hell decided long ago that the louder you eat a food the more enjoyable people will think it is?

That would be the Frito-Lay people about 40 years ago...

♫  It's not polite to smack your lips, but ya can't help it with Frito's Corn Chips
Munch, munch, munch a buncha Frito's---Corn Chips!                             

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 10:21pm
UGH I hate this with a passion!

Watch the baby and lip smacking and the sucking of hands. UGH makes me furious!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
AquilaLorelei View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AquilaLorelei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 6:08am
See also the new "W" commercial with the dad and the baby--Aarrgggh! #despise
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 5:27pm
This one is a definite full family D/VPA nominee.  Why in the hell do these advertising imbeciles think that messy eating is clever or cute??  For the sake of decency,  I really wish that the rules about showing alcohol product consumption in commercials applied to food products as well.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:34pm
That Family are barbaric! The Baby isn't even cute...she's being gross! My Niece is less messier than that!DeadDeadDead

And the New Wendy's W Burger is just a Big Mac Rip-off! If I want a Big Mac, I'd get The Real Thing!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:09am
Aaaaand they brought it back. Did they think we forgot the horror of the messy baby and lip smacking? Guess I won't be going to Wendy's for a while...
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 4:55pm
I like it, actually, except for the kid's wiggle. The mom is a turn-on.

I have learned on this site, however, that eating really bugs people. Luckily, these days, any little drip on the lip can be obliterated post-production.

Don't ever see Tom Jones or Tampopo. Great movies, but none of you could handle them without going back to your parents' reactions to your messiness as a kid.
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 9:03pm
OH MY f**kING GOD, THE NOISES. >.<

And I don't care what anyone says, babies doing gross things (drooling, eating messily, etc...) is never cute.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Agent_Sometime Agent_Sometime wrote:

OH MY f**kING GOD, THE NOISES. >.<

And I don't care what anyone says, babies doing gross things (drooling, eating messily, etc...) is never cute.
LOLWink! Agreed. Like one would like some o'that babydrool spreading over their burger?
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 10:43pm
You know, seeing a couple of slobs and their ugly kid smearing their faces with partially regurgitated food does NOT want to make me want to go out and get myself a cheeseburger from Wendy's.

This is disgusting. Why do ad executives think that showing people with food splattered on their faces is appetizing in the slightest? This does not make me hungry, it makes me want to f**king vomit.

Honestly, I've always wondered why people find babies with food allover their face to be cute. Personally, I think it's repulsive. I mean, I've never found babies to be cute anyway, but this commercial cements the fact in my mind. It's now etched in stone, ladies and gentlemen.
annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 2:17am
Seriously, I don't understand you people- I adore this commercial! Hating this commercial is like hating a commercial with puppies or cats in it. And, before you think I have kids, I don't and I normally hate people who eat with their mouth open but come on...this baby is damn cute!

My two cents..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic