Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoveround-Now with a *cup holder*!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hoveround-Now with a *cup holder*!
    Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 10:03pm
I just saw a new Hoveround commercial touting its latest accessories, a cup holder and tote bag.  At the end, someone says, "They thought of everything!  That's why I called them--and you should, too!"

I have mixed feelings about these ads; I know power chairs/scooters are a godsend to those with mobility issues, and I kind of feel guilty laughing at the cheesy production values, since it's almost like I'm making fun of folks who need help geting around.  In addition, I have some mobility issues myself, and I'm afraid that if I ever got a scooter, I'd face the "fat person on a scooter who wouldn't need if if they got up off their ass once in awhile" stereotype. Ouch
Sponsored Links

thesink View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 2:05am
The folks over at Hoveround aren't very nice. Somehow, they got hold of my number and called me incessantly. One time, I decided to mess with them and pretend I was a large, stinky shut-in in dire need of the mobility Hoveround could offer me.

The rep was annoyed from the start.

I recorded the call. Here's a link: http://www.virtualsink.com/2011/03/wheres-my-hoveround-wheelchair.html
My Website: The Virtual Sink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 2:16am

ConfusedI can't wait for the first report of a DWI in a 'Hoveround'; "ol'Spanky" forgets to toss the beer from the cupholder.

I'm thinkin' we should all hold out for the forthcoming model that will surely have the 'detachable colostomy bag'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
thesink View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 2:59am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedI can't wait for the first report of a DWI in a 'Hoveround'; "ol'Spanky" forgets to toss the beer from the cupholder.

I'm thinkin' we should all hold out for the forthcoming model that will surely have the 'detachable colostomy bag'.

I'm asking both of these questions the next time they call me. I'll be sure to record it.
tarheelmed02 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelmed02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 4:40am
Originally posted by thesink thesink wrote:

The folks over at Hoveround aren't very nice. Somehow, they got hold of my number and called me incessantly. One time, I decided to mess with them and pretend I was a large, stinky shut-in in dire need of the mobility Hoveround could offer me.

I recorded the call. Here's a link: http://www.virtualsink.com/2011/03/wheres-my-hoveround-wheelchair.html

I salute you, you magnificent bastard :)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 4:54am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm asking both of these questions the next time they call me. I'll be sure to record it.
I want in on the resultant royalties surely to be had from what comes of the certain-to-be popular short educational/comedy film for 'Hoveround' that you'll probably get signed to create and would probably show at the next 'Sundance Festival'.
50% minimum (U.S. or Canadian Dollars only, depends on current valuation)
And I wanna 'lead role' inna 'Hovearound' chair, doncha know ~ but I don't wanna keep it, when I'm done.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 1:57pm

You win an internet for that! 
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 2:43pm

Clap
Clap That was hilarious!!!!
Clap
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 3:01pm
LOL "Rag on a stick!"  Hilarious!  Love your site! Big smile

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Serval87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serval87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 3:13pm
LOL thesink, that was hilarious. Clap
Darkness follows as the siren sings.
thesink View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 2:45pm
Alright, folks, because YOU demanded it: I ask the Hoveround rep if it's illegal to drink while operating one of their fine machines. No, they're not street legal machines, so, according to the rep, you can't get a DUI while driving one.

http://www.virtualsink.com/2011/06/friends-dont-let-friends-drink-while.html
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

LOL "Rag on a stick!"  Hilarious!  Love your site! Big smile

He wasn't kidding.

Here's the video

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 3:25pm
I think the Hoveround should also feature a "smoking package"---an ashtray and lighter next to the cup holder for the disabled who smoke.

thesink View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 4:07pm
Excellent reference catch, Jimbo. The voice imitation and the line itself were both based upon that short segment. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 5:48pm

Alright, folks, because YOU demanded it: I ask the Hoveround rep if it's illegal to drink while operating one of their fine machines. No, they're not street legal machines, so, according to the rep, you can't get a DUI while driving one.

http://www.virtualsink.com/2011/06/friends-dont-let-friends-drink-while.html
Surprise!
Of COURSE you can - but it's always the women that get busted for DUIs on Hoverounds...real men, again, do not sit when they pee, nor get busted for DUIs on Hoverounds, no! 
We prefer riding lawnmowers.

...and, of course, I'm thinkin' Jimbo must know this upstanding citizen...don't know if he dated her...

timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 7:14pm
What will they put cupholders on next?  Segways?  Walk-behind lawn mowers? 
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 7:20pm
Of course there is the cupholder on a pc tower.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 3:27am

Excellent reference catch, Jimbo. The voice imitation and the line itself were both based upon that short segment. 

It wasn't until the last couple of seasons ago that I finally missed a Simpsons episode.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Is that what those things are?  I thought they were for my floppy discs.  No wonder they never seemed to work when I'd jam 'em in there. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Is that what those things are?  I thought they were for my floppy discs.  No wonder they never seemed to work when I'd jam 'em in there. 

CoolBig deal...I've had a cooler in my desk for years...I don'need no stinkin' cupholder, NO! I need a coaster...an'a recycle bin...an'a breath-check thingy to make sure I can get out of the office without getting busted at the door...an'a pillow, in case I can't...an'speed-dial to tell MissyDWolf I f**ked up again...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic