Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's Talking Lemon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's Talking Lemon
    Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:22pm

This commercial is a lemon!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:04am
ConfusedGotta agree.
That 'lemon' sounds too much like the fat ol' sweaty guy behind the counter down at the deli...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:27am
I think it's kind of cute. Until it sings.
Lemons should not sing.

Which reminds me, I want to make lemonade and limenade with pineapple juice.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:36am
The voice is familiar I've heard it before. This commercial is mute worthy. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:24am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedGotta agree.
That 'lemon' sounds too much like the fat ol' sweaty guy behind the counter down at the deli...

Y'mean, this guy?

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:32am
Really McDonald's...a talking lemon to promote lemon-aid? Couldn't think of anything better then that? Also this drink tastes terrible. I can't put my finger on it but I simply couldn't drink it. I love lemon-aid and strawberries, but whatever they did made them taste bad.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:14am
What we have here is another example of an apparently suicidal foodstuff. Either that or he's selling others of his kind out in order to save himself.
jerseygirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:05am
I almost never go to McDonalds, but I just had to try it because I love lemonade.  It tasted awful....very sour and almost medicinal
Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:15am
What a shame... it looked like it'd taste good at least.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:19am
Where's Gallagher and his Sledge-O-Matic when you need him...?
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Tech Tech wrote:

What a shame... it looked like it'd taste good at least.

Yeah I heard it sucks
hsolo1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:03am
apparently, I am in the minority as I really like them.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedGotta agree.

Y'mean, this guy?

Bacala's gotta eat. LOL 
Kinda pathetic to see what's happened to most of the old Sopranos cast's careers now. LOL
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:26am
Originally posted by hsolo1 hsolo1 wrote:

That makes two of us. Big smile

But I can't stand the jerk doing the lemon voice. Dead
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

Originally posted by hsolo1 hsolo1 wrote:

That makes two of us. Big smile

But I can't stand the jerk doing the lemon voice. Dead

I tried them too pretty delicious, but that lemon is downright creepy!!!!Stern Smile
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
LeahB View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 4:40am
I saw how they made them and then didn't want one. They take a stick of something "strawberry" looking, swirl it on the inside of the cup, and then fill it with lemonade. It just seems weird to me. Of course, so does most of the rest of their stuff. Except the Filet-O-Fish. Which is yummy but was better before they went all econo-mode and cut the slice of cheese in half. They should know better than to mess with the cheese.
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by LeahB LeahB wrote:

I saw how they made them and then didn't want one. They take a stick of something "strawberry" looking, swirl it on the inside of the cup, and then fill it with lemonade. It just seems weird to me. Of course, so does most of the rest of their stuff. Except the Filet-O-Fish. Which is yummy but was better before they went all econo-mode and cut the slice of cheese in half. They should know better than to mess with the cheese.

Agreed!  I haven't had a filet o fish in so long....mmmmm.....! Big smile

That being said, I think McD's got the voice of the lemon all wrong.  I would have thought a lemon would have a higher, squeakier voice....but I can understand why it doesn't have eyes.  The lemon juice would sting the eyes....

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:41am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Where's Gallagher and his Sledge-O-Matic when you need him...?

LOLLOLLOLLOL

SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 12:29am
They better not follow this up with a talking strawberry to be the lemon's love interest. The last thing we need on commercials is fruit sex that isn't two hawt dudes. Wink
Conforming To Abnormality
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 5:27am
The lemon is extremely poorly animated. Not to mention there's the usual "McDonald's/McCafe makes everything better" arrogant attitude common in all McDonald's commercials.
a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 3:19am
I like the lemon. He is really cute.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 1:20am
Guess what, folks? ... He's baaaaa-aaaaaaack. Dead

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:43am
McDonald's should hereby be BANNED from making commercials. It's not like they really need the publicity anyway, it's probably what most brainwashed lazy sheep would name if they were forced to name 1 fast food joint.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic