Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonalds Pet Name Commercial Suckywuckums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonalds Pet Name Commercial Suckywuckums
    Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:45pm
No video for this one. A couple is sitting in McDonalds and the girl is calling her boyfriend all these cutesy pet names. Snookiewookums, Poopsiedoodle etc.. and the guy thinks to himself "ANOTHER pet name??" and thinks to the last time she called him one. He looks down at the Sweet Tea he's drinking and thinks "I'm smart enough to notice that my favorite fruit sweet tea is on the dollar menu, so, I can handle this right?"

He then says "I love you too...Sweet..T....Pie"

Dead
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:06am
And then she replies OHHHH CHIPMUNNNK. God I want to pour his sweet tea all over her dumb face.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
m3rma1d View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3rma1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

God I want to pour his sweet tea all over her dumb face.

This.
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 6:33pm
his long thought-out response should have been "i'm breaking up with you"
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 6:35pm
Seething unfettered hatred for this ad. AngryAngryAngry...
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 11:59pm
What is this, 5th grade? No actual grown-up couple talks like that. It really makes you wonder if the guys writing the dialog for this commercial ever had a relationship beyond passing notes to each other in class and sharing Cool Ranch Doritos at lunch.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 12:35am
I do not think when I have a boyfriend I will call him Mr. Snuzzly snuggly snoogums marshmallow head, lest he hate that and for good reason.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Bozoshow View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bozoshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 12:44am
Future stalker.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 2:02am
I also can't understand why any self respecting guy would let his mate humiliate him with stupid names. The pussy can't be THAT worth it, especially when it's connected to someone like her.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 2:25am
See, that's why I wouldn't do that... because people don't like to be called things like mooshy mushy pudding face nose unless they are babies.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:41am
If you pay close attention to his voice, he answers her in a slight monotone, like he is trying to be polite. ;).
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 4:16am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I also can't understand why any self respecting guy would let his mate humiliate him with stupid names. The pussy can't be THAT worth it, especially when it's connected to someone like her.

Doubt if he's going to get any anyways, if that's the finest eating establishment he can afford to take her to.... LOL

This ad would be (marginally) funny if it was elderly people calling each other the names, but they have their hearing aids turned off....
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 3:04am
I can't get past the man's wall eyes.  If it isn't kids with big ears in ads, its men with eyes that look around the corner while also looking right at you! LOL
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:45pm
This commercial is the worst. Just want to punch that Mia Wallace-wannabe bitch right in the f**king face.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 1:10am
He's whining about all her nicknames, but then he refers to McDonalds as Mickey D's. Does McDonalds even get the pathetic irony here? Bet not.
Milly Bays View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milly Bays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 2:30am
I only realized that she was meant to have interpreted his stuttering response as sweetie pie after reading through some Youtube comments...
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 2:48am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

What is this, 5th grade? No actual grown-up couple talks like that.
I disagree, ShmoopieLOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
A Blatant Pear View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Blatant Pear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

What is this, 5th grade? No actual grown-up couple talks like that.
I disagree, ShmoopieLOL

No you're Shmoopie! Tongue
schrutebuck View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schrutebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 4:48am
The good news is "Mr. Snuggles" has left her for a (slightly) less annoying woman:

Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 9:19pm
Cringe worthy each and every time. I don't have a problem with pet names once in a while but she just comes across as a little uh...unstable, as in don't get too close. The poor guy was probably thinking if he didn't come up with a pet name NOW she was going to scratch his eyes out. Did you see the look of fear on his face?
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 9:58pm
I wish they never started airing this ridiculous commercial again.  Both this one and the one where thinking "Sundays are for Football" will apparently get you kicked out of your house have been airing a lot lately. Confused
tarheelmed02 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelmed02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 11:35pm
What's the deal with re airing sh*tty ads.  This one is back (barf), the weight watchers for men douches are back.  Really?  
CaptainSpaulding View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainSpaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 11:51pm
Submitted for your viewing pleasure.....

CaptainSpaulding View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainSpaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Tech Tech wrote:

This commercial is the worst. Just want to punch that Mia Wallace-wannabe bitch right in the f**king face.

'cept Mia Wallace knew how to have an interesting dinner conversation! LOL

calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 10:34am
What is up with her haircut.  Is that like a bowlcut for chicks?  The poon can't be worth it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic