Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coldplay "Viva La Vida" for iTunes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coldplay "Viva La Vida" for iTunes
    Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 11:37pm
I love Coldplay and I can't wait for Viva La Vida to release. They always seem to incorporate rainbow colors into their motif, a la the cover of X&Y and the "Speed of Sound" music video. I enjoy this one every time it comes on. If you don't like Coldplay or the song in question it would probably get on your nerves.

Sponsored Links

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 11:43pm
Song= SO AWESOME.

Chris Martin should cut his hair again. I'd still do him though.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 12:15am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

I'd still do him though.

Agreed. Too bad he's married to Gwyneth Paltrow and has a daughter named Apple and a son named Moses. Him and Jon Bon Jovi are my birthday buddies, March 2nd. I need to become a rock star so I can have a birthday show with both of them.
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 12:15am
It is AMAZING. It almost makes 2008 music look good. I can't wait to get the new album on Tuesday! It, the new Beck album, and Death Cab's Narrow Stairs are close competitors for best of 2008.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 1:02am
Tell Gwyneth to bring it on. She doesn't look like she'd fight me, she's a hippie. I'd kick her skinny pacifist ass.

Either that or I could smooth talk her into developing a swinger lifestyle.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 1:10am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

Tell Gwyneth to bring it on. She doesn't look like she'd fight me, she's a hippie. I'd kick her skinny pacifist ass.

Either that or I could smooth talk her into developing a swinger lifestyle.

I could feel guilty about being married and talking about doing someone else, but I'm sure hubby wouldn't mind if I gave him Gwyneth while I stole Chris for a while. It's a fair agreement. LOL
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 1:11am
Yeah, fair trade. For you. Me, being single, I prefer to either kick ass or have a giant orgy. That's my whole life- real orgy, orgy of violence. Real orgy, orgy of violence. One after the other.
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I enjoy this one every time it comes on. If you don't like Coldplay or the song in question it would probably get on your nerves.

You got that right. Cannot stand the band or the song.
Bobby View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 11:51pm
I'm a fan of Coldplay and I don't mind this commercial.  I also like how they don't use their songs for commercials unless its for their albums.  I hate it when a band I like starts letting advertisments use their songs and they become overplayed.
Commercials owe me a new mute button.
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 1:08am
I've only heard this snippet of whoever Coldplay is.  Meh.  

Not terrible, not great, pretty much in line with just about every other rock bland out right now.

For all I know, there could be a sweet, shredding solo right after the snippet stops. 

JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 6:50am
Originally posted by Skerlnik Skerlnik wrote:

I've only heard this snippet of whoever Coldplay is.  Meh.  

Not terrible, not great, pretty much in line with just about every other rock bland out right now.

For all I know, there could be a sweet, shredding solo right after the snippet stops. 

Don't hold your breath.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 4:25pm

I love Coldplay and I can't wait for Viva La Vida to release.

You can hear the album in its entirety here.  At least that's what the site says.

TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 8:09pm
NO! Coldplay is not like every rock band. Coldplay puts their heart and soul into their music, whereas the generic rock band is of the boy band variety and only wishes to make money.
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by TWCFan TWCFan wrote:

NO! Coldplay is not like every rock band. Coldplay puts their heart and soul into their music, whereas the generic rock band is of the boy band variety and only wishes to make money.

We'll see.  I did hear the whole song today on what passes for radio around here.  Not a bad song, actually.  No as emo or whiny as a lot of other stuff out there.

Question is, will anyone go see Coldplay in 2030?   That's my biggest beef with all these one-and-done rock "blands" out the last ten years or so.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 8:47pm
Maybe it has more to do with the times than it does with the bands themselves.  What I heard of Coldplay, I kinda liked.

Who knows?  If Coldplay was around in the 70's, maybe they would be one of the bands people go to see 20 or 30 years down the line.  Unfortunately, it seems like no artists rack up a string of important songs along with a musical discography that spans and reflects different musical and cultural eras* in the way that artists used to.  Here today, gone tomorrow seems to be only way things happen anymore.

* Maybe part of that is that there really doesn't seem to be much of a 2008 zeitgeist.  At least not one that's very discernible from 1998.  If I went to a cultural center such as a shopping mall or something where time reverted to 1998, I bet I wouldn't even notice.  Well, I might wonder why no one was on their cellphone, but otherwise---the clothes, the music, the hair---probably wouldn't lend much of a clue.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 8:49pm
I prefer Coldpizza.  Approve

Or Coldpasta. Or Coldlasagna. Tongue

Coldplay belongs in the "Stupid Bandnames" thread. Ermm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 8:59pm
I'll bet oldsters like us in 1967 said the same about The Cream and The Jefferson Hairpie.  And who is this Jethro Toe person?

Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And who is this Jethro Toe person?

Apparently more metal than Metallica.....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I love Coldplay and I can't wait for Viva La Vida to release.

You can hear the album in its entirety here.  At least that's what the site says.

Thanks, I actually downloaded the whole album from a torrent a few days ago. It was alright, not my favorite, though I'm sure it's gonna get rave reviews. People gripped about X&Y and that's my favorite one, I guess I'm always opposite of everyone elses tastes. They like mellow, slow paced Coldplay, I like powerful Coldplay and the only two songs on this album like that at all are the 2 singles "Violet Hill" and "Viva La Vida".
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 6:24am
Dude get that mallcore crapola the hell off my TV.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 5:15am

We'll see.  I did hear the whole song today on what passes for radio around here.  Not a bad song, actually.  No as emo or whiny as a lot of other stuff out there.

Question is, will anyone go see Coldplay in 2030?   That's my biggest beef with all these one-and-done rock "blands" out the last ten years or so.

Actually, they released several albums before this one. They had more than one hit. They will be remembered for a long time, as opposed to losing fame thereafter.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 7:02pm

Actually, they released several albums before this one. They had more than one hit. They will be remembered for a long time, as opposed to losing fame thereafter.

I don't think its too far fetched to still be listening to Coldplay in 21 years, Bon Jovi was out before I was  born and they're still rocking as opposed to a lot of other hair bands from the 80s. It's a very odd thing, which bands make it and which bands don't. It's been 10 years so far for them and they don't seem to be slowing down.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 12:31am
Hey, Warrant's still rockin'!!

\oo/
I have 168 characters remaining.
powerfunk View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 5:30pm
Meh, Coldplay = Lame U2 cover band. I was looking for this ad in the hate section, and people LIKE this ad?  "You know how I know you're gay?...You listen to Coldplay." Tongue To each his own, though.
Always, ALWAYS get CHILI on your nachos bell grande.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 8:06pm
I like to mock coldplay but I secretly like them. Given I was doing the same crap in jr high when I'd mock pet shop boys but secretly knew the words to west end girls.

As for some bad names back in the 60s.. I was just talking about Strawberry Alarm Clock.
COME ON! Strawberry Alarm Clock? I know, I know "It was the 60s!" No..  we have some nice ones like "Velvet Underground" or of course, "The Beatles" and so on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic