Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forum rules
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum rules

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 36941
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I might take sh*t for this.


Big%20smile
Not from meBig%20smile
 
GRACIA, Chief!LOL 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Forum Administrator

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Status: Offline
Points: 3691
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:42pm
nicely done, HR.
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 36941
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I might take sh*t for this.Big%20smile

Originally posted by ForumAdmin ForumAdmin wrote:

nicely done, HR.

LOL

Yo!

Hey! Wait a minute, here...I done been played...(I love it!)

 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar
Account Deleted

Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 1177
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 12:26am
Hoary Old Chestnut? On a 'Hating commercials' site?
Is this some kind of 'Ad HOC' arrangement?
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 36941
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

Hoary Old Chestnut? On a 'Hating commercials' site?
Is this some kind of 'Ad HOC' arrangement?
Heart Please don't get jealous, Sweetheart...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
SmartAlx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater


Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 20
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmartAlx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 7:19pm

I'm with PaWolf.  Woman hating isn't allowed.  That's good, but what about Man hating?  Is that allowed?  


I'm not joking.  You are showing how feminized and anti-male the world is today.  You have a rule that ONLY protects women and ignores that many women today feel empowered to emotionally attack men.   Women want equality.  That's fantastic.  Equality is good.  So give it to us (men).

Back to Top
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
I donated!

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Status: Offline
Points: 4729
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 7:12pm
Where is the enforcement of these rules?  We have two newbies who are expressing violent fantasies about what should be done to the actors on commercials, and another who keeps expressing hatred toward gays.

No one is bothering to step in here.  And if I do it, I'm just being a bitch.  This is why I was gone for 6 weeks.
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 36941
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Where is the enforcement of these rules?  We have two newbies who are expressing violent fantasies about what should be done to the actors on commercials, and another who keeps expressing hatred toward gays.

No one is bothering to step in here.  And if I do it, I'm just being a bitch... 
 
No Faith, You are not being a <whatever>.

You are simply correct.

We ALL should certainly remain cognizant of the board purpose; hate the commercial - remember, at all costs, the actors are simply like the rest of us - just trying to earn a living. I'm no saint; I'll even try to do better...as long as you put your avatar back, dammit.

 

 

 
 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Forum Administrator

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Status: Offline
Points: 3691
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 11:12pm
As far as I'm concerned, if it's not reported, it's not happening.
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 36941
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by ForumAdmin ForumAdmin wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, if it's not reported, it's not happening.

Well...yea! THAT is EXACTLY what needed to be said.
Again. 

Wink

<spank.spank>

(o.k.o.k.o.k...."the check is in the mail", Boss...LOL)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56305
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 3:29am
I just can't imagine reporting anyone here for anything.  I'd just rather give 'em crap for whatever it was that they said.
Back to Top
SB89 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2009
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 32
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 3:50am
I'm pretty much new to these forums. I couldn't figure out where to introduce myself or if there even is a forum to do so. So forgive me if this is the wrong place to do it.

Anyway... Hello everybody.
Back to Top
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
I donated!

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Status: Offline
Points: 4729
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 4:33am
Welcome to Commercials I Hate, SB89! 
Back to Top
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Location: Seattle
Status: Offline
Points: 97
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 2:08am
More ISP's need rules like yours (especially #6!)  Smile
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
Back to Top
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 06 May 2008
Location: Around
Status: Offline
Points: 3776
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I just can't imagine reporting anyone here for anything.  I'd just rather give 'em crap for whatever it was that they said.


I can sort of get behind this as well, but it's hard when you give em crap about their opinions and they drag being new and you having a high post count into it, like you're purposely hazing newbies or something. Sometimes it doesn't matter if your a newbie, sometimes your opinions just stink or you don't express them the way CIH is used to (like keeping the violence to a minimum...). Ya know what I mean? It's just easier to have rules we're supposed to follow. Not to mention most of the people with the violent woman hating fantasies make a few posts before disappearing into the abyss anyway. If it was a constant problem I might be more upset about it.
Back to Top
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 4575
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 5:40pm
Hey ForumAdmin, can I get a special little title, too or do I have to have a certain number of posts to get one? I always thought that PaWolf came up with 'Hoary Ol' Chestnut' himself because the name fits him. I wonder what kind will fit me?
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 36941
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Hey ForumAdmin, can I get a special little title, too or do I have to have a certain number of posts to get one? I always thought that PaWolf came up with 'Hoary Ol' Chestnut' himself because the name fits him. I wonder what kind will fit me?

CryOMG, Moochy!

*I* got it because they told me I was "SPECIAL".

I'm 'Jerry's Wolf'.

*I* didn't come up with that well-earned 'badge of shame'; it took repeated abuses, offenses, and *MUCH* begging to remain on the board since I'm menatlly disabled and I got no arms or legs and nothing else to do with my time, 'cept to contribute to CIH!

PLEASE have mercy on my pitiful, Hoary ol'soul~Cry

YOU are the 'Legendary Mooch', are You not?


 

 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 4575
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 9:09pm
As usual, Pa, you perplex my brain. ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
Back to Top
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
I donated!

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Virginia
Status: Offline
Points: 15709
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Hey ForumAdmin, can I get a special little title, too or do I have to have a certain number of posts to get one? I always thought that PaWolf came up with 'Hoary Ol' Chestnut' himself because the name fits him. I wonder what kind will fit me?

CryOMG, Moochy!

  I'm menatlly disabled and I got no arms or legs and nothing else to do with my time, 'cept to contribute to CIH!

PLEASE have mercy on my pitiful, Hoary ol'soul~Cry

YOU are the 'Legendary Mooch', are You not? 


No need to ask what you're typing with.......
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 36941
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Hey ForumAdmin, can I get a special little title, too or do I have to have a certain number of posts to get one? I always thought that PaWolf came up with 'Hoary Ol' Chestnut' himself because the name fits him. I wonder what kind will fit me?

CryOMG, Moochy!

  I'm menatlly disabled and I got no arms or legs and nothing else to do with my time, 'cept to contribute to CIH!

PLEASE have mercy on my pitiful, Hoary ol'soul~Cry

YOU are the 'Legendary Mooch', are You not? 


No need to ask what you're typing with.......

Big%20smile "Be Original"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
I donated!

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Status: Offline
Points: 4729
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 7:13am
What's wrong, Mooch?  You don't think the bold blue font, the sloganizer, and your "Mooch's Corner" titles bring you enough attention?
Back to Top
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 4575
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

What's wrong, Mooch?  You don't think the bold blue font, the sloganizer, and your "Mooch's Corner" titles bring you enough attention?
*heaves a huge sigh* Here we go again. And I was in a good mood, too.Leave it to Faith to rain on the parade. As usual, your comments and observations are SO valuable to us all. WackoI'm only asking because I think it's cute. It's not for attention, as you so callously put it. As someone who has been here since the very beginning, don't you think I deserve some recognition for sticking around for the past 12 years? Or am I just a whining little baby who wants everyone to notice her?Not that you need to know but I will explain who I am and why I do what I do. I use the bold blue font because I like color. Plain black font is boring to me. The sloganizer is my signature. Another poster (who I don't think is here anymore) used it first and offered it to anyone who wanted to use it. I think it's cute because I don't want to have the same boring signature every time. I don't hear you complaining about anyone else's signature. Big Momma changes hers to reflect whatever season it is (BTW BM, I love them! Keep it up!) Are you accusing her of being an attention hog?As for Mooch's Corner (which technically doesn't exist anymore), that was not my idea to do. ForumAdmin asked me a few years ago if I wanted to have my own column to put down my musings because he said that I was one of his favorite posters and because I was here from the start. I agreed because I thought it would be fun. And before you say anything, he offered columns to other longtime posters at the time. I remember that JR had his own for a while...something about vintage commercials. So there you have it. Mooch in a nutshell. This is who I am and who I've always been on this site - an individual who marches to the beat of a different drummer and is damn proud of it! Oh, by the way, here you go... Your unwanted two cents. Put it towards buying a better attitude.
Back to Top
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
I donated!

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Status: Offline
Points: 4729
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 4:32pm
First of all, your extra-specialness for being here from the beginning is already "rewarded" by your designation of "Honor Roll."  Momma's signatures are pretty and original, but that's beside the point:  they don't scream "BIG MOMMA."I'm not saying you shouldn't use the sloganizer; I'm just saying that between that and the font, your posts are ALREADY recognizable.  And I know that ForumAdmin offered you your own "Mooch's Corner."  But as he said when he removed it, it wasn't getting much action.  So you decided to title your Off-Topic post "Mooch's Corner" because you couldn't live without the extra attention.Just about every topic in the old "Mooch's Corner" had to do with your problematic love life.  You'd come crying for advice; you'd ignore the advice; and it seemed you just wanted sympathy.  You'd go away for months, only to come back crying again about how the world is treating you badly, and, having ignored the previous advice, looked for more.Then you had the audacity to holler at Prometheus because he was always being negative and feeling sorry for himself.  (Thanks for that laugh, by the way.)Yup, those are my two cents.  I don't need them back; I've got lots of them.
Back to Top
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Points: 4575
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 6:08pm

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

First of all, your extra-specialness for being here from the beginning is already "rewarded" by your designation of "Honor Roll." Aren't there other posters with the Honor Roll designation? Also, why do you care if I have a little thing under my name? YOU have one, announcing to the world that you donated. "Ooh, look at me! I have money to burn!" When you only work part-time and are unemployment, you have to make every dollar count. SO SORRY that I can't afford to donate. ForumAdmin knows that I would if I could.  Momma's signatures are pretty and original, but that's beside the point:  they don't scream "BIG MOMMA." I'm not saying you shouldn't use the sloganizer; I'm just saying that between that and the font, your posts are ALREADY recognizable. Like I said, SOMEONE ELSE had it first. A couple other posters used it, too. And I know that ForumAdmin offered you your own "Mooch's Corner."  But as he said when he removed it, it wasn't getting much action.  So you decided to title your Off-Topic post "Mooch's Corner" because you couldn't live without the extra attention.The only reason I title them "Mooch Corner" is to differentiate them from my regular posts. "Mooch's Corner" is just what it says it is - MY corner, MY musings, MY thoughts.Just about every topic in the old "Mooch's Corner" had to do with your problematic love life.  You'd come crying for advice; you'd ignore the advice; and it seemed you just wanted sympathy.  You'd go away for months, only to come back crying again about how the world is treating you badly, and, having ignored the previous advice, looked for more.No one put a gun to your head and said "read this OR ELSE!" You could just pass them by. And so what if I wanted to discuss my love life, or lack of one? I figured I'd get help from my online friends with something that was bothering me to no end. And who says I don't take their advice? Getting over someone is a process, it takes time. But I suppose that since you're so perfect that everything in life just comes easy for you, doesn't it? Or perhaps you're jealous because you don't have your own corner to bitch and moan about every little thing about us posters that bugs you. I know! Hey ForumAdmin, if you're reading this, give ol' Faithy here her own column. She can use it to be the Commercials I Hate den mother or Supreme Ruler or whatever pretentious title she wants to give herself.Then you had the audacity to holler at Prometheus because he was always being negative and feeling sorry for himself.  (Thanks for that laugh, by the way.)I wasn't the only one who jumped down his throat, if you can recall. I'm not even the one who started it. Wasn't it your partner in crime Gail who had the most beef with him? She was the one who started the 'Prometheus is a whiny, ill-informed loser' rants and YOU jumped in. I only wrote ONE thing to him about his attitude; I'm not the one who had multiple posts fighting with him.Yup, those are my two cents.  I don't need them back; I've got lots of them.
Do us all a favor and keep them in your purse. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one around here who is tired of your sanctimonious attitude and comments. From now on, just ignore me because I certainly will be doing the same with you.I'm tired now. Mother, may I take a nap? Or am I attracting too much attention by asking?To everyone else here - I'm sorry for all of this. You don't need to read it or respond. It's just that when someone steps on Mooch's toes one time too many, don't expect her to sit back quietly. This was a long time coming and there's a lot more I wish to say to this person but I am controlling myself because the Bible says to use your tongue to speak kind words and that's what I'm trying to do. Plus, I'm not allowed to use the kind of language that is required for things like this. That is all I have to say about this thing. If you want to respond, feel free to PM me or send me an email at mooch@Idon'tgivearatsasswhatyouthink.com. Have a nice day.
Back to Top
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Forum Administrator

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Status: Offline
Points: 3691
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 6:18pm
You two can take this to PMs or the Flame Room please.
This thread is about the forum rules - which neither of you are following.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.141 seconds.



"CANDIE!"