Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ford "Speed Dating" commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford "Speed Dating" commercial
    Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 2:41am

Does anyone else find this commercial as nauseating as I do?

Little Miss Blondie Pweciousface is sitting there at her speed dating table, suffering thru a parade of unattractive doofus guys who aren't good enough for her because of course, they are all a bunch of geeks, losers & mama's boys.

Then suddenly, along comes Steve Handsome Squarejaw, with his semi-shaven, rugged good looks, curly hair & sparkling smile. He proceeds to sit down with his cellphone & car keys with the FORD logo on the keyring.

Her interest is immediately piqued!!!!!

They begin to talk flirtatiously about Fords & VOILA!!!! Two more shallow assholes have found one another & true love ensues.

Or at least you're left to assume that.

I couldn't find it on YouTube, but I found it on Vimeo:

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Sponsored Links

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:20am
Ugggh agreed. They look like condescending yuppie pricks.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 3:25pm
It would be worse if it was a commercial for an actual dating service.

But it's bad enough.  I just don't know how "Ford" equates to handsome and desirable. 

Now, my '68 Mustang 302 Fastback didn't hurt when it came to girls.  But my '78 Granada didn't do a damned thing for me.  LOL

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 9:12pm
The Ford guy must be Mike Rowe's son.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 4:15pm
What's so nauseating about it to me is that, first, it implies that only dudes who look like they might be the next big TV cop show stars are capable of acting normal, sophisticated & reasonably intelligent. Any guys who don't look like movie stars are geeks, slobs, morons & losers.

The other thing is the way they portray the girl. She sits there all nice & polite, suffering thru this parade of losers with friendly, good-natured humor. Bullsh*t. Any "regular" guy who's ever tried to impress a good looking girl & fallen on his face, knows the typical reaction is anything but the kind of good natured phoniness portrayed here.

What she'd really be doing if the situatuon were real life, would be rolling her eyes in derision & disgust, completely ignoring them while making eyes at some other more suitable looking guy, or just making outright snide put downs.

Attractive gals like her do not usually put up with guys they have no interest in, in such a polite, friendly fashion.

Obviously, there is a certain amount of justification for that, because when one doesn't want somebody to persist, the best way to get them to leave you alone is to be unpleasant, but still, the ad's portrayal is a contrived represention of people in a phony, unrealistic manner.

Typical.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 9:30pm
They needed a guy with a Harley key fob. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic