Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For Doctor Who fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Doctor Who fans
    Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 4:12am
9 missing episodes found, 97 to go....  Wink

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2453514/Doctor-Who-missing-episodes-1960s-cupboard-Nigeria.html

No word if they'll ever find the Dr. Who Ewok Christmas Special....  LOL

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 4:21am
Doctor Who. Not Dr. Who. It's a name, not a title. :P

But yeah, this is really amazing. Especially that they're Troughton episodes. They'll probably animate what's still missing from these stories, like they did for "The Tenth Planet"

Two had some really great stories, almost all of which were lost, so I'm happy to have more in watchable format.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 10:11pm
Gonna throw this in here as well

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 3:59pm

You changed your name!

Don't count on PaW going along with it.  Mark my words.  He never does.  LOL

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 5:17pm
I know, Dave, I know. He's as stubborn as a three-legged dog.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 4:07pm

Paul McGann finally gets his dues.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 8:29pm

Documentary of the show's origins aired yesterday. Airing on BBC America this Sunday.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 4:09pm
Did you see the Google "tribute" on its website today for the 50th anniversary? It's not as elaborate as some they've done but at least they are "paying tribute."   
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 4:25pm
I thought the "Google Doodle" Dr Who game was pretty cool & I'm not even a Dr Who fan.

Did you play it?

I went thru the first level, but had other things to do.

They save them all somewhere so you can go back & play them after they take them down.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You changed your name!

Don't count on PaW going along with it.  Mark my words.  He never does.  LOL

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I know, Dave, I know. He's as stubborn as a three-legged dog.
ConfusedHey! I just noticed that - and it just isn't right, doncha know...feels like someone yanking at my nads...
~~~
Neehhh...no it doesn't bother me. Saw it long ago, although dressing up for 'Fat Tuesday'/Madi Gras parade' as a resident of St. Louis Cemetery #1 makes the fur on my left hind-quarter shiver a bit...all the same, 'Diff'ren't Strokes' for other folks...  

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 8:55pm
THe google game was fun, but I gave up after a few levels. XD
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 9:05pm

THe google game was fun, but I gave up after a few levels. XD

I think I got thru around level 5 or so.

I got thru the graveyard level, but quit after the room with the light squares zipping around on the floor.

Didn't get thru that one yet, but I may try again later.

Don't they have all the past ones on a website where you can go back & play them whenever you want?

I thought that for a Google Doodle, it was pretty impressive.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 9:13pm
Funny thing is, I think Australia's google got it before the UK Google.

That level is actually the final one. The Dalek goes kablooie and you get the E.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 9:20pm
They should make it available as an android app.

As it is, it won't even work on my tablet.

There isn't even a "Play" button to start it.

C'mon, man!
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 7:25am
I didn't know it was a game. For me it was just visual noise. I wish Google would provide for an "opt out" of Doodles. Many are clever, but as with even the least annoying TV ads, even the nicest ones get old and stinky as quickly as three day old fish or houseguests. I thank Google that they DON'T go on for three days! 24 hours is too much.

That is aside from not having any use for Dr Who in the first place.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 7:45am
Well, the 50th was...in a word...fantastic.

Brilliant story, brilliant performances, brilliant tribute....and the ending, well...the ending is just....fantastic.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 9:09pm

Christmas Special is looking to be brilliant.

Even better because I've miraculously managed to keep the regeneration a secret from my mother.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 10:41pm
Figured I'd just post here instead of a new topic or something.

Aired in the middle of the football match between Argentina and Germany on BBC. Looking to be brilliant.

There's even a bank heist episode. :D
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 10:51pm
Capaldi is going to be awesome. Screw the fangirls who can't stand he's older - I get this feeling he's going to be even better than Tennant and Smith!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 10:56pm
Tennant, definitely.

Smith, possibly.

I've read the leaked script and watched the leaked episode, so I think he's going to be something of Tom Baker's carefree aloofness with Pertwee's condescending authority.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 6:58pm
I'm glad these were finally found and released on dvd. I can remember seeing them when they were originally broadcast, now that I see the wonderful Patrick Troughton again I must say that his Beatles influenced mop-top haircut resembles Moe Howard from the 3 Stooges than any of the Fab Four.

As for choosing my favourite all time Doctor, I would have to say that it is, was, and always will be Tom Baker. I also loved Jon Pertwee's years.

The modern Doctor programme is fantastic, and the best of the current Doctor's is David Tennant. I am looking forward to the Peter Capaldi era, and I'm thrilled that the Doctor will speak with a Scot's accent. David Tennant is himself a Scot, yet the producers at the BBC insisted that he remained English ( hiding his own wonderful accent). Knowing the way Capaldi has been in the past, when asked to adapt an English accent he probably told them all to f**k off!
One man gathers what another man spills
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 7:35pm

Tennant, definitely.

Smith, possibly.

I've read the leaked script and watched the leaked episode, so I think he's going to be something of Tom Baker's carefree aloofness with Pertwee's condescending authority.

God I hope so. Those are my 2 favorite doctors back to back (Baker being my favorite and Pertwee being my second - Troughton's not too far behind, but the missing episodes really do hurt him).
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 1:09am
My number ones are Hartnel tied with Smith, followed by Tom tied with Pertwee. I have a very hard time numbering them critically.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 4:16am
And Series 9 aired to-night.

No words; I just cannot come up with anything to say. I need next Saturday to happen right now.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 6:47pm

And Series 9 aired to-night.

No words; I just cannot come up with anything to say. I need next Saturday to happen right now.

Since this wonderful programme was revised and brought back to life in 2005 with the vastly under-rated Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, the writers have been speeding up the episodes to a caffeine driven pace. The other thing that occurred during the Tennant era and most particularly with the Matt Smith era, was the romantic attraction angle that should never exist.
Peter Capaldi promised to return the programme to it's basic format during his time as the time lord. The "to-be-continued" ending of the first episode of this season was such a relief! Capaldi is following through, because the writers are responding to his wishes. Thankfully the "love interest" aspect between the Doctor and his lovely companion Clara is non-existent. I detest the coquettish behaviour of the "Missy" character. The "Master" never had any sort of love interest for the time lord, so the resurrected version of that character in a female form should equally not have any amorous angle towards him.
During this current season, I would love to see an appearance from the character Jamie McCrimmon. I would love to see that happen! After all, Capaldi's version of the Doctor, is the first one to feature the wonderful Scot's accent. I'm sure Jamie and the Capaldi Doctor would see eye to eye.....or perhaps they could have a really great argument!
The Doctor is back! And I couldn't be more pleased!!
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic