Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Florida Blue" Blue Cross & Blue Shield nausea...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Florida Blue" Blue Cross & Blue Shield nausea...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Florida Blue" Blue Cross & Blue Shield nausea...
    Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 9:14pm
So... all you people who live north of here suffering through the frigid winter weather think you've got it so bad, eh?

Find yourself wishing you could spend some time down here in sunny Florida do ya?

Well, I'm here to make you feel a little better about things.

Because I'm here to inform you, that if you were here... this is the nauseating piece of smarmy schmaltz you'd be subjected to on a near daily basis:

Are they not the most sugary, nauseating little puke-inducers you've seen??? ShockedShocked

I only say "seen" but not "heard" because I doubt the "band" you see on screen is really the band you're hearing & likely not even a "band" at all.

Unless you count being a band of ridiculous pussies as being a "band".

And those lyrics!!!!! DeadAngry

Honestly, when I dug this up on YT to post it here, was the first time I've ever actually paid any attention to them, though I've probably heard the ad hundreds of times.

And of course, now it makes me even sicker. Sick

So come on now Northerners.... don't you feel a little better already? Embarrassed 

I know I don't. Ermm

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 9:41pm

I can't resist researching this stuff, as awful as it is.

Yeah, according to someone from the Florida Blue Shield website, they're a made-up band.  The singer is Cristina Garcia.  When I do a Wiki search on that name, it comes up as Cuci Amador.  Apparently, one of 'em is a stage name.  Probably the Cuci one.

You can find more stuff by her and her stupid f*cking band on Youtube.  But don't bother.  It's not worth it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I can't resist researching this stuff, as awful as it is.

Yeah, according to someone from the Florida Blue Shield website, they're a made-up band.  The singer is Cristina Garcia.  When I do a Wiki search on that name, it comes up as Cuci Amador.  Apparently, one of 'em is a stage name.  Probably the Cuci one.

You can find more stuff by her and her stupid f*cking band on Youtube.  But don't bother.  It's not worth it.

ConfusedDo they have green cards or should they be reported and deported?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 9:55pm

I hope she doesn't have a green card:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 10:00pm
That chick who fronts the "band" just makes me want to ralph all over myself.

No wonder people need medical insurance... these BCBS ads keep on making everyone sick!!!!

Could anyone imagine actually singing those ad-agency composed, tripe lyrics as if they were part of an actual song????

My Gawd!!! 

I wonder if the people who did it actually admit to it?

LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 5:38am
That's gawd-awful.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 2:18pm
Apparently BCBS is trying to appeal to douchebags.

Ironically, I'll bet none of their insurance plans cover the cost of actual douchebags.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 3:16pm
Jimbo, we are here for you.Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Apparently BCBS is trying to appeal to douchebags.

Ironically, I'll bet none of their insurance plans cover the cost of actual douchebags.

LOLLOL  Do they still call them Douche Bags? I mean the flushing device.
"Tap one little bumper and up go your rates, newsflash! I'm just a stupid biotch who doesn't know how to drive"
JillOnThe1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillOnThe1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 9:53pm
Yes -- I hate this commercial so much!  The stupid "band" with the affected-voiced singer (I hate when hipsters try to sound "jazzy" and nasally), the lyrics that attempt to tell about scenarios that would lead one to need FL BCBS, the overly gleeful audience, the singsongy melody played by idiots with Raffi-on-his-guitar moves...HATE.  

I don't even understand why big health insurance companies advertise on TV.  
Every. Senior. Citizen. Should have LifeAlert.
rosary View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 3:13pm
This morning on the toilet this stupid melody came into my head. I started singing it. "We are here for you.." You know who else was here for me? Dr. Kevorkian and I didn't use him either.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 3:57pm
I went to the website, found the link to their PR dept or something close to it. I told them what I thought of the ad then pasted in a link to this thread along with the request to forward it to any appropriate parties.

I hope they did so.

AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 4:54pm
I think I've got a cavity from that ad. I feel bad for the people that had to sing that. From the way they sang it, they seem like they thought it sucked canal water also.
Commercials are awesome, except the annoying ones.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 5:40pm
I hate that this one is always on! I hate it even more, because it seems like they were trying to be cute, just like the Aussie Metro commercial. But you see, the Metro one is funny and smart. THIS one is not! And for your viewing pleasure!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic