Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Facebook Groups- Her First Baseball Game (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Facebook Groups- Her First Baseball Game (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Facebook Groups- Her First Baseball Game (video)
    Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:58pm
Why does this commercial piss me off?  Let me count the ways!

1-  Let's just dig up another old song...The marketing people at Facef*ck weren't even born yet when this song came out!!

2-  People like Zuck who fall bass ackwards into tons of money without doing anything spectacular!!

3-  "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE"?  Dads and daughters have been having good relationships since WAY before all of this f*cking social media BS!

I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:53pm
Oh, look!  Little girls sharing their first male-centric experience, breaking down those gender barriers.  And not only are they girls; there's a white one and a Hispanic one!  What---couldn't they find a black one to complete the holy trinity?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:39pm
How nauseating.

Why'd the big, fat, buzz-headed moron have to ruin an afternoon at the ballpark by dragging out his stupid cellphone and start snapping selfies, anyway?

Sucks that people nowadays can't go ten minutes without shoving their faces in those stupid things.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

How nauseating.

Why'd the big, fat, buzz-headed moron have to ruin an afternoon at the ballpark by dragging out his stupid cellphone and start snapping selfies, anyway?

Sucks that people nowadays can't go ten minutes without shoving their faces in those stupid things.

Enough people have to see my mug already without me subjecting social-media users to it.

Sick of the F-book pushers.
LiMu Emu: the OTHER red meat!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 6:22pm
Did you know as a young adult, I do not use the following?

- Facebook
- Twitter
- Instagram
- Snapchat

I only use email!
I use a real PC to access the internet. No cell phone.
I use my phone to actually *call* people.
I listen to a radio or an online stream for my music. I don't own any of them stupid Airpods or whatever everyone's spending $100+ for nowadays - Apple earbuds without a cord. I see them everywhere. I think to myself - why did you waste $100 on those stupid Airpods, when you know, you could have bought professional Sennheiser's (like me) or Sony headphones for the same price? Do NOT get me started about Beats. They are nothing but a fashion statement for rich kids.
I take pictures with a digital camera.
I watch real television, DVDs and even oldie but goodie VHS tapes. No Netflix or Hulu at home.

I'm stuck in 1990s/early 2000s technology and I'm proud that I haven't joined the 'new' generation.
Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$. Oh, and that goes with a majority of the other insurance ads, too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:19am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

- Facebook
- Twitter
- Instagram
- Snapchat

I only use email!
I listen to a radio or an online stream for my music. I don't own any of them stupid Airpods or whatever everyone's spending $100+ for nowadays - Apple earbuds without a cord. I see them everywhere. I think to myself - why did you waste $100 on those stupid Airpods, when you know, you could have bought professional Sennheiser's (like me) or Sony headphones for the same price? Do NOT get me started about Beats. They are nothing but a fashion statement for rich kids.
I watch real television, DVDs and even oldie but goodie VHS tapes. No Netflix or Hulu at home.

I'm stuck in 1990s/early 2000s technology and I'm proud that I haven't joined the 'new' generation.

WinkBig smile Well, obviously that isn't entirely true...because here you are (and that is a GOOD thing!).

Now, I *might* have a year or two on you - I don't know - but would you be offended if I offered some unsolicited advice? I don't care - you're getting it anyway.

Unless you plan on a life living off the grid - maybe up in the Northern Woods where you can kill off visitors and steal the monetary belongings, while dumping their remain into a deep mine, keep up the good work. Otherwise, stay on top of technology. This doesn't mean you need to ALWAYS use it, but you may need to, now and then.
What you call a 'phone', others call a 'smart phone', I call a 'personal device'. Large corporations now refer to them as 'corporate devices', with phones, pads, and laptops really closing in on being interchangeable (before becoming obsolete - more than likely between 5-10 years). You don't need one, but it will pay off getting extremely familiar with devices employing the Android OS - sooner, rather than later, you may wish to actually pay for a service of any sort - a function which will be much easier as we move toward a cashless society (check out other countries - the USofA lags far behind, here, but will get on board, no two ways about it). You can get on board CHEAP and I suggest considering it, or, if you are good at reading people, adept, and can take care of yourself in conflict, at least buy a good, used cell phone from your local drug addict for about $10 - worked for me! Best alarm clock I have had in a long time (that would be my cricket phone, which cannot be activated with those Walmart 'any phone' sim cards packages). My live device is a Samsung 9E, which looks like a black glass brick in my pocket and is slick as can be (and HIGHLY secured/rigidly controlled). I can even receive emails with MS Office documents and work on them via it, then send along, if I need to.
What I am saying is that technology has ingrained itself in life, these days. So much so that many schools quit teaching cursive writing so they could refocus our youth on getting tech-savvy enough to live in tomorrow's world - a world YOU are part of (unless, as I said earlier, you plan on a hermit/Godless/criminal life). All the other stuff? 'Buds' and 'Beats'? Leave the beats for 'da hood, but the BUDS come in handy with that personal device, once again, and not just for entertainment.
Camera? Just today, my S9E took great photos of my mother and then myself at my father's headstone, and I sent the photos off to family & friends right away, garnishing a ton of positive response. The cameras are so advanced on these things, and yet - so light. All the rest? For MY purposes, generally 'fluff', although there are business world news bits I like catching as early as possible. Bottom line? Stay abreast of technology - it's easier than you might think. Over time, you will separate the cream (what you can, or need, to use) from the froth (distractions with no benefit). Don't run from technology - use it to your advantage.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:18pm
Oh, I'm sure I'll have a career post-college that 'requires' a smartphone or Chromebook. My school district went to 100% Chromebooks in MS/HS about a year ago.
But of course, there are some technology-type things that are almost necessary to make it in today's world. That's why we teach our students programming and coding from a young age nowadays, because IT/computer/video game jobs are the newest trends and the salaries have skyrocketed. To a child, would they rather work an office cubicle for 25 years making a modest $50K/year, or work at Sony or Nintendo designing the next big video game hit for $250K/year or more? Hmmm....any 9-year-old would come up with the same answer...
Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$. Oh, and that goes with a majority of the other insurance ads, too.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 1:23am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

- Facebook
- Twitter
- Instagram
- Snapchat

I only use email!

WinkBig smile Well, obviously that isn't entirely true...because here you are (and that is a GOOD thing!).

Now, I *might* have a year or two on you - I don't know - but would you be offended if I offered some unsolicited advice? I don't care - you're getting it anyway.

Unless you plan on a life living off the grid - maybe up in the Northern Woods where you can kill off visitors and steal the monetary belongings, while dumping their remain into a deep mine, keep up the good work. Otherwise, stay on top of technology. This doesn't mean you need to ALWAYS use it, but you may need to, now and then.
What you call a 'phone', others call a 'smart phone', I call a 'personal device'. Large corporations now refer to them as 'corporate devices', with phones, pads, and laptops really closing in on being interchangeable (before becoming obsolete - more than likely between 5-10 years). You don't need one, but it will pay off getting extremely familiar with devices employing the Android OS - sooner, rather than later, you may wish to actually pay for a service of any sort - a function which will be much easier as we move toward a cashless society (check out other countries - the USofA lags far behind, here, but will get on board, no two ways about it). You can get on board CHEAP and I suggest considering it, or, if you are good at reading people, adept, and can take care of yourself in conflict, at least buy a good, used cell phone from your local drug addict for about $10 - worked for me! Best alarm clock I have had in a long time (that would be my cricket phone, which cannot be activated with those Walmart 'any phone' sim cards packages). My live device is a Samsung 9E, which looks like a black glass brick in my pocket and is slick as can be (and HIGHLY secured/rigidly controlled). I can even receive emails with MS Office documents and work on them via it, then send along, if I need to.
What I am saying is that technology has ingrained itself in life, these days. So much so that many schools quit teaching cursive writing so they could refocus our youth on getting tech-savvy enough to live in tomorrow's world - a world YOU are part of (unless, as I said earlier, you plan on a hermit/Godless/criminal life). All the other stuff? 'Buds' and 'Beats'? Leave the beats for 'da hood, but the BUDS come in handy with that personal device, once again, and not just for entertainment.
Camera? Just today, my S9E took great photos of my mother and then myself at my father's headstone, and I sent the photos off to family & friends right away, garnishing a ton of positive response. The cameras are so advanced on these things, and yet - so light. All the rest? For MY purposes, generally 'fluff', although there are business world news bits I like catching as early as possible. Bottom line? Stay abreast of technology - it's easier than you might think. Over time, you will separate the cream (what you can, or need, to use) from the froth (distractions with no benefit). Don't run from technology - use it to your advantage.
If I remember correctly we are about the same age. I'm a 1952 model. The only thing I do on social media is save an occasional Grandkids photo. I would still have my 2007 Motorola 'Candy Bar' phone with buttons but new tech rendered it obsolete. My current Lumia 640 "Smarter Than Me" phone is nearly worthless to me. What took the push of a button on the old Motorola now takes 3 to 5 swipes and taps in order to get to what I want. I can no longer remember all that crap. I had to learn computer basics in 1990 for my DoD civilian job and still do OK with my Dell desktop PC.  
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:26am
^  Luckily, at our age, we're not expected to be on top of the latest technology.  In fact. many of us are well behind the curve.  I work with a lot of young people.  They kind of expect this of the old folks. 

In fact, I just started texting within the past year or so.  My bro refuses to.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

- Facebook
- Twitter
- Instagram
- Snapchat

I only use email!

If I remember correctly we are about the same age. I'm a 1952 model. The only thing I do on social media is save an occasional Grandkids photo. I would still have my 2007 Motorola 'Candy Bar' phone with buttons but new tech rendered it obsolete. My current Lumia 640 "Smarter Than Me" phone is nearly worthless to me. What took the push of a button on the old Motorola now takes 3 to 5 swipes and taps in order to get to what I want. I can no longer remember all that crap. I had to learn computer basics in 1990 for my DoD civilian job and still do OK with my Dell desktop PC.  
Wink'tis nice to know you've been able to retire, Sarge...unfortunately, for me, I did that 20 years ago and it just didn't last (especially given I didn't work for the same government/country continually, as you did)...I had to go back to work - and here I am, today. Doing the same thing. And that means I had to get one of those ol' 'Smarty Phones' because of what I do (which means it is actually now a 'Government Mandated' matter and a 'secured device' on top of that. I still am always around a room full of assorted computers, too - the one I am using for this purpose is my one non-business machine. Because of what I do and for my customer base, I MUST stay abreast of current technology (and why I use a Samsung 9E smarty-phone). 'Social Media'? Yeaaaaa.....I use it in a limited fashion, but nebver on a phone or pad - only PERSONAL laptop/desktops. I dearly appreciate friendships and have been able to resurrect a few very old ones, thanks to SM - and my kids love insulting dear ol'dad (all in fun & love) and I love chatting with them every chance I get as the days dwindle...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic