Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eye surgery shown in commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jorganza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eye surgery shown in commercial
    Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:09am
So I was watching the morning news here in middle Tennessee and saw this commercial for the laser eye surgery by Dr. Ming Wang (Some physician whose been hawking his practice many years here). I am a very squeamish person, and this commecial almost made me sick. It compares laser surgery with traditional surgery, and shows them ACTUALLY USING TOOLS ON A PATIENTS EYE! For those that can bare it, here it is in all its (un) glory:

There's no blood or anything but damn couldn't they use a different route to show this! It looks like he's trying to remove the eye lens or something Dead

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:14am

I guess the purpose is to make you squeamish---about the old method.  Enough to make you wanna give Doc Wang a call about the new method.

nickjodan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickjodan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 8:51am
I think this time laser surgery is going on.

http://what-is-lasik.com
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:27pm
Gotta love that shot of the tweezers & blade digging into that eyeball. Of course if I needed Dr Wang's services, that scene would have been kind of blurry. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by nickjodan nickjodan wrote:

I think this time laser surgery is going on.

http://what-is-lasik.com

That sentence doesn't even make sense.  If you're going to spam, at least do it so it doesn't sound like gibberish.

Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 11:26pm
An Andalusian Commercial?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 12:56am
ARGH that was tough to watch ick eww AGGG! I doubt that was painless! Sick
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 1:27pm
Like people don't already know what goes on during surgery.

Watching surgeries don't bother me much as long as they aren't operating in the abdominal region, but eye surgery is legitimately disgusting to people in general. That they'll be gutting your eyeball and sewing it up again is pretty much implied.

+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 2:28pm
The whole idea of eye surgery weirds me out.  It brings to mind that scene from the 1920s Luis Bunuel film, in which a woman has her eyeball slit open.

I'll stick with my contact lenses, thanks.

nickjodan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickjodan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 11:25am
LASIK eye surgery is a procedure that corrects certain vision problems, reducing or eliminating the need for eyeglasses or corrective lenses. LASIK is short for laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis, the technical term for the surgical procedure.
http://what-is-lasik.com - What is Lasik
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 11:47pm
Yeah,this is something I don't need to see anytime let alone a commercial. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic