Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2013 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE*Trade: E*Trade Baby 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E*Trade: E*Trade Baby 2013
    Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 7:11pm

I have always despised the talking baby ads, even years and years before E*Trade started making them (see what I did there?). This year, I actually have a baby, so I wondered if I would feel differently.
I hated the first half, with the baby talking, enjoyed the second half, with still photos of the baby. Because really, it was just baby pictures. And as I've learned, everybody wants to see baby pictures.
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 11:15pm
Mute worthy. "boom"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 11:21pm

Lil'brat looks tired.

Clearly needs a pillow (over his face for about 5 minutes).

Can anyone 'save' us (from him)?

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:01pm
The best thing etrade could do with the talking baby thing is KILL IT!    

I've never found any of it to be amusing. It makes me look more closely at their competition.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:21am
I was hoping they got rid of the baby guess I was wrong

Another thing that needs to die now is the word "boom" it wasn't funny the first time it's not funny now.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:28am
We should be so lucky...
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:26pm
Why does this baby never age? Did they take like an hour of footage of him on one day several years ago and just splice it around to make ads? It's annoying.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:43pm

^  Yeah, really.  Here's one that was posted to Youtube 4 years ago.  Everything's the same 'cept for some props.  I guess they have to shoot hours of the baby to get enough for a commercial, so they must've just had plenty left over.  Cheap.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:47pm
The little carpet pig needs to end up in the vacuum cleaner bag along with all of the other shiit it sucked up!!! DeadAngryDead

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 1:34am
Somebody please make it stop.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 1:07pm
Somebody needs to shove a lighted Pamper diaper down its choaking throat and stop the madness (and subsequent unwelcome earwhipping!) once and for all!!! AngryAngry

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 12:58am

Commercials like this explain why lions sometimes eat their cubs.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 1:38am
I'm thinking the lil'squirt should have all his $$$ stuffed in a pretty pillowcase, which then should be pressed on his face for about 3 minutes.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 11:32pm
I never pictured, all of these people I look up to, wanting to kill this little bastard child.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

I never pictured, all of these people I look up to, wanting to kill this little bastard child.
ShockedDid I say "KILL"?!! NOT MOI! NOoooooooo....let's just say, "Another state of being"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Creative Punishment View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creative Punishment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 4:32am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm thinking the lil'squirt should have all his $$$ stuffed in a pretty pillowcase, which then should be pressed on his face for about 3 minutes.

I like the way you think... Evil Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic