Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dumbest talk show guests?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dumbest talk show guests?
    Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 1:18pm
A man denied his daughter was his because he was dark and she was light. One guess what color complexion the mother was. Also, he denied her because he had a dream that the mother conceived her with a white man, saying,"Dreams sometimes do come true." ,I wanted to smack him for being so stupid. The baby turned out to be his, not surprisingly.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 1:56pm
You actually watch that kind garbage????

The correct answer should be... WHO GIVES A CRAP????

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 2:08pm
The Maury Show used to be fun to watch, but now it seems that the two primary topics are polygrip test results and maternity test results. ConfusedCryConfused

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm
Watching those trashy people just depresses me.

Watching them on TV just reminds me of how many more like them there are out there.

Ugh.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 2:37pm

Whenever I've happened upon such shows, it's always people screaming at each other.  After so many years of these shows, they're not even comical anymore.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 3:06pm
And worse yet, you know they're hamming it up for the cameras.

Most of them probably aren't really even all that upset with one another.

Just one big put on.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 3:27pm

The only one I can appreciate at all, was the Jerry Springer Show.  It's all kinda tongue-in-cheek.  The "contestants" always seemed to straddle the line between real and fake---leaving the viewer to decide for themselves if it was real-life drama or just a total farce.  I think, if there's any brilliance to that show at all, it was that.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 3:30pm
^^ That show's "prime" year was '97.  My cousin and aunt had moved back to Houston and lived with us while their house was being built, and he'd get home from school about the time the Springer Show started.  We'd smoke a joint or a couple bowls every day before watching it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think, if there's any brilliance to that show at all, it was that.

That & the brilliance of seeing how easily one could exploit the desire of the dumbest, trashiest segment of society to watch other dumb trash act like dumb trash & make untold millions of dollars in the process.

I think if I had been him, I woulda quit after I made a good 10 or 20 million, then just retired & enjoyed it, rather than exposing myself to that crap for so many years.

It seems to me like it would push one to the brink of suicide.

Or alcoholism & drug addiction at the very least.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^ That show's "prime" year was '97.  My cousin and aunt had moved back to Houston and lived with us while their house was being built, and he'd get home from school about the time the Springer Show started.  We'd smoke a joint or a couple bowls every day before watching it.

Yeah.  I used to do that with this religious show out of Philly called The Harry Bristow Show when I was in college.  It was on on Sunday nights.  My friends and I would get stoned and watch it.  The best part was the musical segment.  Harry would have on these hokey religious groups...and my friends and I would turn the TV sound down, put something like Alice Cooper on the stereo, and crack up whenever the religious singer's lips would synch up with Alice Cooper's vocals.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:09pm

[QUOTE=insanity213].  My friends and I would get stoned and watch it.  The best part was the musical segment.  Harry would have on these hokey religious groups...and my friends and I would turn the TV sound down, put something like Alice Cooper on the stereo, and crack up whenever the religious singer's lips would synch up with Alice Cooper's vocals.

It's great how things like that sync up to music so brilliantly at times LOL

Or church congregations dancing and praising to Slayer:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I think, if there's any brilliance to that show at all, it was that.

That & the brilliance of seeing how easily one could exploit the desire of the dumbest, trashiest segment of society to watch other dumb trash act like dumb trash & make untold millions of dollars in the process.

I think if I had been him, I woulda quit after I made a good 10 or 20 million, then just retired & enjoyed it, rather than exposing myself to that crap for so many years.

It seems to me like it would push one to the brink of suicide.

Or alcoholism & drug addiction at the very least.

I've seen Springer interviewed.  I think he sees his show as a sort of modern-day burlesque.  Sort of "camp".  He doesn't take it seriously enough to become alcoholic over it.  That sets him apart from those other talk shows, in which the hosts present their topics as something serious. 

Remember that Jenny Jones segment which resulted in one guest killing the other shortly afterwards?  I think that was a sobering moment for the world of daytime talk.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:20pm

It's great how things like that sync up to music so brilliantly at times LOL

Or church congregations dancing and praising to Slayer:

That was hilarious.  Was that the actual video, or did someone on Youtube just put it together?  It really would've made a great "official" video for the song.

Reminds me of...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:22pm
I dunno.

Even not taking it seriously wouldn't be enough to keep me from spiraling into deep depression.

Just being exposed to it week in & week out would be enough to push me over the edge.

And with all the money he'd probably made after just a few years, the temption to just chuck it all would be huge.

I guess his addiction was to making the money & watching it pile up higher & higher & higher.

I'd sure as hell have to take several nice, long vacations every year, that's for sure.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:24pm

That was hilarious.  Was that the actual video, or did someone on Youtube just put it together?  It really would've made a great "official" video for the song.

Reminds me of...

^^ Brilliant! LOL

That Slayer video is just a fan-made.   There's another one made by someone else for their song "Jesus Saves" with a dancing/headbanging church choir.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I dunno.

Even not taking it seriously wouldn't be enough to keep me from spiraling into deep depression.

Just being exposed to it week in & week out would be enough to push me over the edge.

And with all the money he'd probably made after just a few years, the temption to just chuck it all would be huge.

I guess his addiction was to making the money & watching it pile up higher & higher & higher.

I'd sure as hell have to take several nice, long vacations every year, that's for sure.

I see his net worth is $75 million.  For the hell of it, I checked out Katie Perry's net worth.  Also $75 million.

I can't decide which one's less worthy of it.  I think I'll go with Perry.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:47pm

...Or church congregations dancing and praising to Slayer:

Now that is simply awesome!!! Big smileBig smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 5:00pm

I see his net worth is $75 million. For the hell of it, I checked out Katie Perry's net worth. Also $75 million.

I can't decide which one's less worthy of it. I think I'll go with Perry.

What I don't get, believe it or not, is why anyone would even want that much money.

Seems like it would be a lot of worry just keeping it & trusting those who are managing it for you.

And besides... what would you spend it on?

How many houses & cars does one person need?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 5:20pm

I think a lot of people just get caught up in it.  They're under contract, there's a whole industry built up around them, they like the fame, the money just flows in with less and less effort, they build up a lifestyle around having that much money, etc.

Look at all these celebs who have lines of clothing.  They didn't design any of it themselves.  Someone else did, a lawyer drew up a contract...and they just attach their names, do a commercial or two, and then rake in millions from it.  Little effort, and everyone wins.  Even the people who buy the product at least think they've won.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 5:52pm
^Well, I know a few of those who at least team up with actual designers and talk through what they'd like.

Granted, these tend to be the celebrity brands that get into a REAL fashion store, not Target, KMart, etc.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 7:24pm

Yeah.  I see Martha Stewart products at PetSmart.  I think she says "Take some typical pet products, make them in trendy colors, add some sparkles, put my name on it, and jack the price up to 4x what it's worth."

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:24pm
Damn Ken, Never say Hi Jack in an airport.
"Tap one little bumper and up go your rates, newsflash! I'm just a stupid biotch who doesn't know how to drive"
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:54pm
How could I forget the genius who claim they can't be the baby's father because they only had sex one time with the mother? Clearly they failed basic Biology.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:24pm

Yeah.  I see Martha Stewart products at PetSmart.  I think she says "Take some typical pet products, make them in trendy colors, add some sparkles, put my name on it, and jack the price up to 4x what it's worth."

I'll bet she goes to Neiman Marcus to find clothing to cut up to sew into chew toys for her bitches.
She does actually seem like the kind of delusional "Nothing's too good for my little precious." pet owner. The kind that brags about the genuine Swarovski crystals on Fido's collar.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I'll bet she goes to Neiman Marcus to find clothing to cut up to sew into chew toys for her bitches. She does actually seem like the kind of delusional "Nothing's too good for my little precious." pet owner. The kind that brags about the genuine Swarovski crystals on Fido's collar.

I dunno.

I've seen her on Letterman quite a few times & she always struck me as being fairly down-to-Earth.

Dave pokes fun at her & she just kinda rolls with it, etc.

And he likes her too, so usually (but not always) if Dave likes somebody I figure they're OK too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic