Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duluth Ballroom Jeans. HILARIOUS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duluth Ballroom Jeans. HILARIOUS!
    Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 7:16am

Laughed so hard at this commercial the first time I saw it.  Need to get me a pair of these suckers.  It's damn rare I find a pair of pants that has room for crotch or azz. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 1:04pm
"Crotch gusset".  Never realized I was lacking such a thing.  LOL
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 5:20pm
There was a topic about these quite some time ago, with the other varieties of ads as well.

Oddly enough, the one pair of jeans I own with ample crotch (and arse) roominess in them...are womens.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

There was a topic about these quite some time ago, with the other varieties of ads as well.

Oddly enough, the one pair of jeans I own with ample crotch (and arse) roominess in them...are womens.

That's quite odd. Confused
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 3:31am
LOLCW (MrsHill) brought these up in a few thread, in the past...GOOD CATCH, Em!
Direct Link To This Post<<---CW Clicky
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 4:19am
Just saw one of their commercials on TV for the first time.  It was for extra-long t-shirts.  Extra-long to prevent plumber's crack.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Just saw one of their commercials on TV for the first time.  It was for extra-long t-shirts.  Extra-long to prevent plumber's crack.

Just ends up looking like a ghost sucking on a lemon...
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 4:27am
I started seeing those commercials the other day.  That was hilarious. Earlier today I entertained the cats by pretending to be the guy in the ball room jeans one. LOL 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 6:32pm
Here's the one about "plumbers butt":

Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 5:01am
The latest from the folks at Duluth

Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 4:25am
Yawn, these get old real fast.

I don't see the appeal in them.

Unhappy

Sure they're funny at first, but after the second viewing the novelty wears off.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 3:45pm
These don't air all that often here, but this one caught me by surprise when I saw it LOL

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 5:43pm
Honestly, I've only seen their ads maybe...twice in a month.

They really don't air that often, so even if they do 'get old' there's enough time between them that I don't actually get sick of them.

In fact, I come into this topic just to watch them.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 5:58pm
I just like the fact that they attempt at humor, and actually succeed.  Some of the novelty does wear off after a while, but the first time I've seen each one I've pretty much laughed my butt off.  It's rare that I see a commercial that even makes me crack a smile anymore. 

- Mark Twain

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 7:38pm
Sooo, Ballroom jeans are not for a formal event? Smile I think Levis used to give us guys a skosh more room down there.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Sooo, Ballroom jeans are not for a formal event? Smile I think Levis used to give us guys a skosh more room down there.

They used to.  Now you have to pack your twig and berries in there tighter than sardines in the can.

- Mark Twain

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 10:45pm
^^ Switch to Wrangler, they don't cut & bind.Wink
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:52am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

^^ Switch to Wrangler, they don't cut & bind.Wink

I haven't experienced the cutting and binding of those horrible jeans for a long time, thankfully.  LOL

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic