Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dove in the 'Racism Pit' again...(video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dove in the 'Racism Pit' again...(video)
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 12:45am
Confused
All hell is breaking loose about the following Facebook advertisement put up by Dove.

What a bunch of over-sensitive weenies.

*I* see no issue here, but rather a celebration and a product that is good for anyone.

Other views, please?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:55am
I wouldn't have even noticed anything if the Usual Suspects hadn't started their typical bleating.

I'd say the whole PC-overdosed/Oppression Olympics thing is reaching new levels of silliness...but we already knew that.
I have 168 characters remaining.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:56am
So many people are just looking for an excuse to be offended, I don't see what's wrong with this ad at all!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:52am
There's power in being offended.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:49pm
This kind of silliness is what creates new racism.
However, this is the second time around for Dove - the first was 6 years ago (screenshot of original below) with an equally 'offensive' advertisement. You'd thought they would have learned the first time...but some people, including youtube commentators, aren't helping matters any.
I wouldn't be surprised if some people ended up believing white women are the only women who use soap, but I don't want to say that too loud as 'The New Ignorance' is perpetuating itself vastly and rapidly in today's 'Trumpciety', from all sides.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:54pm
I can't handle some dude speaking to me like that.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:10pm
The very name "DOVE" is racist.

Why?

Because when most people think of Doves, they think of WHITE doves...

Look for DOVE Soap to soon become...

Blackbird Soap.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:03pm
So, the controversial part has to do with the black woman "becoming" a white woman?  What about when the white woman becomes Hispanic or Indian or whatever the hell that third woman is?

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:50am
There is a simple solution to the problem.  Dove should stop featuring women of any color other than white in their ads.  No one can get offended because they took their shirt off in the wrong order or stood on the wrong side of the room.  No one can get offended because a soap company is trying to tell black people to get clean by using their product.  Shocked

Let them cry about being excluded and how Dove is racist because they only have white women in their ads.  Cry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:57am
I don't believe for an instant Dove was trying to be racist or even racially insensitive.

But seriously... in today's climate?

Somebody should've caught that.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I don't believe for an instant Dove was trying to be racist or even racially insensitive.

But seriously... in today's climate?

Somebody should've caught that.
I don't think they were trying to be racist either.  FFS.  
They are trying to be all inclusive, what with the blind girl and the other stuff about women empowerment in their ads.

Some people just have too much time on their hands and are sitting around (probably on their hands with their thumbs up their you know what) thinking of how they can pull a hissy fit over being offended.

Dead
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:30am
I think I see many people trying to find something to stand behind, or maybe something to reach for, these days. They get loud (a sign of weakness and lying) and cannot sit for bi-directional dialogue or compromise. They want to punch something, they want fights (until they get hurt). They're not fighting for change that has positive benefit for all. They just don't 'get it' and are little more than plastic versions of what we were and stood for.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:42am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I think I see many people trying to find something to stand behind, or maybe something to reach for, these days. They get loud (a sign of weakness and lying) and cannot sit for bi-directional dialogue or compromise. They want to punch something, they want fights (until they get hurt). They're not fighting for change that has positive benefit for all. They just don't 'get it' and are little more than plastic versions of what we were and stood for.

Agree 100%!!!

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:42am
Quote Some people just have too much time on their hands and are sitting around (probably on their hands with their thumbs up their you know what) thinking of how they can pull a hissy fit over being offended.

Yes, and the name for them is Attention Whores (even the males...  LOL)
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:19am
I stared at this, and I just didn't see a problem, you can twist anything if you try hard enough.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:45pm
I'm disappointed, but for only one reason, when a woman takes off her shirt, I expect to see some boobies!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I stared at this, and I just didn't see a problem, you can twist anything if you try hard enough.
WinkHello once again, 'Stranger'...
Racism seems to be 'odd grounds', these days.
This may be the age of the overly-sensitive, slightly-irrational, book-smart dweebs, or whatever those little one-eyed yellow things in overalls (oh yes, the 'minions') our last few generations have been busy pumping out. We let them communicate with each other a little more freely than possibly we should have, yet so many FAILED to teach them HISTORY and how to choose heroes and mentors and now we have a mess on our hands with extremist groups such as 'Black Lives Matter', which only will create larger white skinhead movements. I'm making this statement quite loosely, but the fact of the matter is MOST of today's 'youfs' are frigging idiots and are not doing anything to dispel my feelings - in fact, they've started to reproduce.
As much as I hate to say it, some of this has crept into the minds of even my own offspring as one daughter decided at the age of almost 30 has come to believe I know nothing about 'being black', and has thus basically quit communicating except through her siblings, and my boys both try to pick up and date fire hydrants. I'll be the first to tell all nobody wants the communication to ever stop because there just is nothing worse in this life than asking advice of, or just talking to a photograph or a grave stone...because one got silly and decided not to talk, turned their back, and walked away, only to 'suddenly mature' a day late.  
Movie 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:23pm
^  Yeah, my Jewish friend Larry the high school history teacher (just retired) was pretty fed up with the agenda his mostly white colleagues adopted and tried forcing him to adopt.  That is, "white man bad, people of color good".  One teacher had his students take pictures of the "racist" teachers.  He's in his class, and various students start taking pictures of him from the hallway.  This is because he told his students he didn't hate Trump.  The other "racist" teacher was a conservative Chinese woman.  

He was in the San Francisco Unified School District, but the attitude is similar in the LAUSD and Oakland.

F*cked up country we're living in sometimes.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  Yeah, my Jewish friend Larry the high school history teacher (just retired) was pretty fed up with the agenda his mostly white colleagues adopted and tried forcing him to adopt.  That is, "white man bad, people of color good".  One teacher had his students take pictures of the "racist" teachers.  He's in his class, and various students start taking pictures of him from the hallway.  This is because he told his students he didn't hate Trump.  The other "racist" teacher was a conservative Chinese woman.  

He was in the San Francisco Unified School District, but the attitude is similar in the LAUSD and Oakland.

That's true, but the extremism runs in both directions.

In Kansas, they wanted to include Creationism in the science curriculum.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm

LOLWinkSounds like you've tripped up on actual proof there is a 'dumbing down' effort underway in this kuntree, ol'mule, especially where  theory versus fact comes into play.
Sounds about right as I keep seeing the younger generations constantly challenging the fact of when they screw up their lives (fact) they know perfectly well it is now time to go to some church and pray to God to make it all better and go away because that's what he does (theory)...ConfusedLOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:13am

Yeah, and it lost.  Still, I don't remember hearing about Christian teachers there encouraging students to harass science teachers. 

In "liberal" San Francisco, the teachers union actually legitimized Trump-hatred by creating a lesson plan that starts out "Let us please not sidestep the fact that a racist and sexist man has become the president of the USA by pandering to a racist and sexist base".  In fact, the only reason it got any publicity might be because Larry notified the local news about it, and I emailed Michael Savage.

I guess, in places like SF and Oakland and LA, division is the goal.  Of course, they call it diversity.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:11am

Yeah, and it lost.  Still, I don't remember hearing about Christian teachers there encouraging students to harass science teachers. 

In "liberal" San Francisco, the teachers union actually legitimized Trump-hatred by creating a lesson plan that starts out "Let us please not sidestep the fact that a racist and sexist man has become the president of the USA by pandering to a racist and sexist base".  In fact, the only reason it got any publicity might be because Larry notified the local news about it, and I emailed Michael Savage.

I guess, in places like SF and Oakland and LA, division is the goal.  Of course, they call it diversity.

The reason Creationism lost is because it likely would've been rejected by the courts anyway because it is NOT science. Also, because school board officials saw that Kansas was becoming the laughing stock of the nation.

Re: the stuff said about Trump by the teacher's union, at some point you're going to have to accept reality and that it is because of Trump's own obnoxious, idiotic, ham-handed, egotistical stumble bum persona and his ill-advised way of performing his job, that he opens himself up to these kinds of criticisms.

At some point, you're going to have to accept that, even if the things said about him are not provable, he gives his critics a legitimate reason to make the allegations against him.

This is just more of the typical right-wing victim mentality.

"Boo Hoo. Poor little Trump. Never did anything to bring anything on himself."

Baloney.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 3:12pm
I never said Trump doesn't bring this stuff on himself.  I don't know anyone who does.  I was never a "Trump supporter" anyway.  I voted for him because the alternative would've been a progressive, and one named Hillary, at that.

But that wasn't even my point.  As much as libs might pay lip service to "unity", that's never their goal.  Division is their goal.  Always.  And Repubs these days just go along, too afraid to take the strong stance against them, trying to compromise, backing so far away from Trump that they look like Dems.  The thing I like about Trump is that he's not them.  Well, not always.

As far as accusations of racism against him, I don't think Trump has a racist bone in his body.  In fact, I think he's absolutely clueless when it comes to issues of race.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 1:35am

I never said Trump doesn't bring this stuff on himself.  I don't know anyone who does.  I was never a "Trump supporter" anyway.  I voted for him because the alternative would've been a progressive, and one named Hillary, at that.

You didn't have to vote for Trump just like all Democrats didn't vote for Hillary. There were other choices you could've made on principle.

But that wasn't even my point.  As much as libs might pay lip service to "unity", that's never their goal.  Division is their goal.  Always.  And Repubs these days just go along, too afraid to take the strong stance against them, trying to compromise, backing so far away from Trump that they look like Dems.  The thing I like about Trump is that he's not them.  Well, not always.

Right-wing talking points. Same old meme you here everywhere. The real truth is that the far right of your side WANTS to be divided from everyone else. They go out of their way to make sure the division is glaring and wide, then blame the left for making them be that way.

It's like that silliness we constantly hear about Obama being "the most divisive President in history".

Nonsense.

As far as accusations of racism against him, I don't think Trump has a racist bone in his body.  In fact, I think he's absolutely clueless when it comes to issues of race.

I doubt he's a racist too. But that doesn't excuse his calculated political pandering to the racist tendencies of many of those who make up a major segment of his supporters.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:44pm
ConfusedI'm getting SO confused here!
Is this Trump you speak of a White Creationist who uses Dove, pulls his shirt over his moobs and face and remains white?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic