Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Don't get this ad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't get this ad
    Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 1:55am
What are they selling here?

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 2:16am
King's Hawaiian Rolls...the sweetbread. You know, 'everybody is guilty of stealing them'...seems they believe they have become so familiar that we should all snicker, giggle, and just 'get it'.
I don't buy the product.

Here's a Youtube link for their channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ2LtAb0R2Ap0i7Sce0g9Pg
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 2:34am
They are delicious with a bit of butter
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 2:48am
I cannot disagree with that - the bread is simply too sweet for my tastes and thinking of this while I am explaining how to make Wild Squirrel Gravy (skip the fur) in another forum at the same time has me about to hurl...or I guess one could sop up the 'squarvy' with a few of them - a little butter and salt to taste...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:44am
I tried them once.  Wasn't impressed.  Maybe they left out the sugar in the batch I tried...  Dead
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

King's Hawaiian Rolls...the sweetbread. You know, 'everybody is guilty of stealing them'...seems they believe they have become so familiar that we should all snicker, giggle, and just 'get it'.

Yeah, it's like they want us to think that maybe we all just haven't gotten the memo.  LOL

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:37pm
Sweet bread? Isn't that just, well, cake?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

Sweet bread? Isn't that just, well, cake?
Not quite. Check out recipes for breads versus cakes. Pretty different.
I guess you could spread icing over it and make a 'Section 8/Food Stamp Cake', but then again, the church food banks often have 'cake breads' you never find in stores, yet made by major bakeries and would make a person forget about 'Kings Hawaiian' in a split second.  
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 6:36pm
As long as it's "sweet bread",   I'm happy to try some. Smile

But absolutely not "sweetbreads"...which is offal.  DeadCry
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

ShockedOffal is awful! Takes no brains to go there...Dead
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:39am
sweet breads BAD
Kings HI Rolls GOOD..but ads BAD
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:41am
If you dont like Kings Hawaiian bread, there is something wrong with you
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:15pm

I have tried some unusual food but have always drawn the line at "entrails"!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Such a first world problem.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:54pm

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Such a first world problem.
Oh my! Seems we have a virgin tummy or two.
Mah little daaahlins! Wont you join me for a piping hot bowl of chitlins (chitterlings)?
recipe active photo

During my times when I tried to keep beer from expiring, I was known to occasionally over-do it. A well-made menudo is one of the very best cures.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 3:27am
Clap PaW, that looks like The Cure For Whatever Ails You.   Tripe, calves' brains, head cheese, sweetbreads (yes indeed!  sometimes unceremoniously called "glands", braised in white wine and served with home made pasta), pigs' knuckles, liver cooked all kinds of ways...oh, no "virgin tummies" in the house I grew up in, and my beloved grandmothers both made absolutely damned sure that nothing, nothing ever went to waste when they were shopping and cooking.  I had more than my share of "exotic dishes" straight from the Old Country culture back in the day and I was usually good about eating the stuff, too...even though I never really liked most of it enough to want to continue having it into adulthood.  Just my preference.  

(Not quite  sure just how that constitutes a "first world problem", actually.)   
CapeCat
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:00pm

I would say because only in wealthy, developed first world countries like ours where food is so plentiful we can pick and choose what we will or will not eat, would having to turn down a plate of cooked animal intestines be considered a "problem".

In third world countries, where food is never easy to come by, having the opportunity to eat a plate of cooked intestines as opposed to going hungry yet again, would be considered a blessing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I would say because only in wealthy, developed first world countries like ours where food is so plentiful we can pick and choose what we will or will not eat, would having to turn down a plate of cooked animal intestines be considered a "problem".

In third world countries, where food is never easy to come by, having the opportunity to eat a plate of cooked intestines as opposed to going hungry yet again, would be considered a blessing.

If they're prepared wrong, they can be deadly. If they are prepared right, they were prepared outdoors or at someone else's house far awayLOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:02pm
LOL

You guys are going to make me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:16pm

What are they selling here?

These commercials have taken a strange turn. Maybe, they all have yeast infections and they just knead the dough! Tongue

From the clever and funny 'Grandma' commercial.

To the stupid and idiotic 'Recliner Race'. Angry

And now this bizarre "Yoga" thing?  I don't get it either!

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Inverted? As opposed to the less desirable outverted variety?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:41pm
LOL
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:26pm
No sh**!  What the hell IS that??? Dead
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:21pm
Well, they're being exported, so I guess it's something else 'Murcans won't eat. Sick

LOL

Then again, they are boneless rectums... much better than boney ones. Thumbs Up
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:29pm
I guess the're not kosher?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic