Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dollar Tree 'Summer Kitsch Mugs'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dollar Tree 'Summer Kitsch Mugs'
    Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 9:57pm

Big smile

During my very nice, very sunny and refreshing 36F-ride today, I stopped off at Dollar Tree to pick up some nifty-neat 'Summer Mugs' for MissyDWolf & Self.
Normally, I'm NOT allowed to buy coffee mugs; I have to admit it - I HAVE A PROBLEM, HERE.
Even Betty Ford couldn't help me.
We have SO MANY coffee mugs, we have boxes stored back behind bike parts, in the garage.
No matter! Summer is a GREAT excuse to 'fall off the wagon' instyle, mind you (yea, and so I did).
 Lo & Behold - they had ONE set of very-kitsschy 'summer mugs'!!!
They are a heavier ceramic, simply beautifly-ugly in color and style! They are SO cool; I am SO HAPPY I could shi...well...I'm happy!
MissyDWolf was even happy and shocked.
I did good!
Dollar Tree did good!
Only ONE problem....they aren't quite large enough to hold a Molson's Ice.
Guess I'll have to use them for coffee, damnitnow!
Can you guess which one is MINE?!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 5:23am
I want a couple of Two and a Half Men mugs.

Those damn things are hard to find.

I've seen 'em on ebay, but I don't want a whole set, plus with shipping etc., they are expensive.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:28am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I want a couple of Two and a Half Men mugs.

Those damn things are hard to find.

I've seen 'em on ebay, but I don't want a whole set, plus with shipping etc., they are expensive.

That is a neat mug - yea. I'd like a few of them before I got put on restriction for buying more mugs!Big smile
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:35am
Everytime I see those mugs, I always think of how tasty a cup of sweet creamy, tan-colored coffee would look against those pastel colors on the white background.

For some reason, those mugs just look like they'd make the coffee taste (even) better.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Everytime I see those mugs, I always think of how tasty a cup of sweet creamy, tan-colored coffee looks against those pastel colors on the white background.

For some reason, those mugs just look like they'd make the coffee taste (even) better.

Wink...I think you just touched on the reason for my 'addiction' to coffee mugs. Every stinkin' one had that very feeling behind it...and probably a story, too. In fact, I KNOW every one of them has a story. I am VERY picky about which ones I allow to be iused, and by whom - some are simply untouchable. I even have one I picked up in Tampa, one time - a beautiful large pastel painting of good ol' St. Wrinklesburg sunset on a pink background. A true 'one-of-a-kind', I gave it away as a gift. I started 'jonesing' almost immediately and suffered for about 5 years before the dear friend I gave it to could no longer stand it (and I never said a thing, mind you - but this individual knew me that well) and gave it back to me as a 'gift'. It is put away, NOBODY is allowed to use it. Think I'll find it and post a pic. 
(yea - coffee does taste better when one can slowly sip and recall the memories, the times, the story behind a mug...I have 3 shelves of the kitchen cabinet, the tops of the cabinets, and some other special places where my favorite 100 or so reside - then there is the garage...)
Even though MissyDWolf does not share my affliction, she DOES have HER mugs - and NOBODY, not even our kids (espeically the gurlz) are allowed to touch them.
We have 'company mugs' for friends and family.LOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:58am
Pa,

Got one of these mugs?  Keeps your mustache dry.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:17pm
When some family visited me here a few years ago, the mugs and coffee cups I had weren't good or big enough.  We had to go to the Dollar Tree to get some gigantic ones, which now just take up space in my cabinet.

They were lucky I even had a coffee maker (which I've still never operated myself).

I think that, the first time they asked for coffee, I should've pulled out this stuff:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Pa,

Got one of these mugs?  Keeps your mustache dry.

Seen those for many years (actually, a very old concept).
But alas, no - none of those. Had many chances, but if I DID have one of those, what would wash out the 'lunch leftovers' from my 'stache?
Really though - think I have a phobia about 'moustache guards' - pretty sure I'll suffocate if I come in contact with one.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:27am
WinkOne thing where folk can really pick up bucks collecting mugs is in the class of 'shaving mugs'; especially the older ones.
Hooty's 'moustache protector' has had me thinking about them since he showed that one - original 'shaving mugs' LOOKED like they had 'moustache proectors', but I think they generally were designed like that to hold the various utensils of the craft.
The older ones often had names on them - many of the 'upper-crust' ones were made for individuals and are worth a pretty penny to real collectors.
*I* have always avoided them as they *just are NOT* really designed to be coffee mugs, even though they could readily be adapted to be such. I have absolutely NONE of them.
The never ones are just STRANGE - like 'The Unemployed Jesus' one, below (which is designed to be used either way - shaving, or coffee - and is 'heat sensative'!)...

JESUS SHAVES MUG

WinkThose just dying to look good before they go? You can get 'em here:
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:34am
My oldest sister doesn't drink coffee and so never bought a coffee maker.  My poor shlep b-in-law put up with instant coffee (bleh, ooh, yuk, nasty) for twenty-some years.  Well last time I go to visit I had to stay a couple of nights with them so I took my own coffee maker and coffee.  I left the coffee maker for my b-in-law when I went home.  A while back my other sister tells me that my  sister gave the coffee maker away.Angry

Never again...
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:16am
Sounds like the bro-in-law needs to grow a pair.

I wouldn't mind someone coming by my house every morning at around 5am to make coffee.  I wouldn't drink the stuff but I'd suck in the aroma.  I love the way coffee smells.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Seriously.

He shoulda gone out & bought a coffee maker 20 years ago & if she gave it away, he shoulda thrown some of her favorite cosmetics out & told her the next time she threw away something of his, it was gonna be more of the same.

You have to train people. Thumbs Up

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

My oldest sister doesn't drink coffee and so never bought a coffee maker.  My poor shlep b-in-law put up with instant coffee (bleh, ooh, yuk, nasty) for twenty-some years... 
Ouch'Real Men' don't drink instant coffee. We train our spouses in the fine art of 'serving the perfect cup from a proper coffee maker' - it can take time, but take it from me - it's worth it!
It reminds you every day of why marriage works.

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wouldn't mind someone coming by my house every morning at around 5am to make coffee.  I wouldn't drink the stuff but I'd suck in the aroma.  I love the way coffee smells.

Big smileIt IS indeed 'living the dream'; waking up right before dawn with fresh coffee brewing.
I do it every day.
MissyDWolf wakes up to a proper cup every morning and I *never* make a mess (she got me a nifty apron to make sure).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic