Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discover Card - Surprises.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discover Card - Surprises.
    Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 2:52am

Hate this guy's shriek at the end.  They are playing this piece of crap every commercial break on the channel I'm watching.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 3:23am
AngryI'm a non-violent person now and then and there are very, very few people that I want to roundhouse - this guy is one, just for his little gurl shriek, when he shrieks.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 3:37am

I had a surprise 50th birthday party, and my reaction was pretty much the opposite---silent and blank.  I can't imagine shrieking over much of anything.  I'm not even sure my voice would go that high.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 4:03am
Im just glad my tv is usually muted or on low volume during commercials for the most part. I would snap if I heard this a-hole shriek like a little girl at even a medium volume.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 4:17am

I never scream when I get surprised.

I fart.

I fart loud.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I fart.

I fart loud.

Does it include lumps?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Stim Stim wrote:

Actually, I can't blame the guy for screaming at the end. He opens his door and sees a bunch of complete strangers in his house screaming "Surprise!". I'd probably scream too if a bunch of complete strangers were in my home yelling surprise too. I'd be screaming," Holy sh-t! Who the f-ck are you people and how did you get into my home?" Okay, I'll admit, I know it's implied they weren't strangers, but still, I'd be freaked out if a bunch of my friends screamed "Surprise!" at me when I opened my door. It actually happened to me before. My friends threw me a regular birthday party on my actual birthday, and decided to throw me a "Surprise," party a month later! I was understably freaked out when they did that. Who throws a surprise birthday party a month later?

My 50th birthday surprise party happened 2 weeks before my birthday.  No one yelled surprise.  I just walked into a restaurant and started seeing people I knew but who didn't know each other well enough to be in a restaurant together.  It didn't compute, and I stood there trying to make sense of it for a few moments before I realized what was happening.  Even when I realized what was happening, it took a long time for it to sink in.  Then, my bro and sis-in-law, who flew in from 3,000 miles away for the event, appeared in front of me wearing waiter aprons, asking to take my order.

So, I was rendered dumbfounded rather than startled.  Still, I doubt that I'd have screamed.

Anyway, I recommend this tactic.  Let the guest of honor figure out what's going on.  Confuse rather than startle...especially if they're over 50 and you don't know if they have a heart condition.  LOL

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 2:50pm
Owww!
My ears!!
MY EARS!!! Ouch  Ouch

Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 4:53pm
We threw a surprise party at the local community center for my then 15 year old nephew..his mom told him she needed to pick something up, and had him come along. When they got there, he saw my car, but it apparently didn't compute. Then he saw into the party room, and lo and behold, there were a bunch of his friends. His first thought? "One of those a******s had a party, and didn't invite me!" Once he saw the banner with his name on it, he started laughing, and realized it was all for him. So, Thor, the confusion route works well for under 50, too!
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 5:00pm
Awesome sauce!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

We threw a surprise party at the local community center for my then 15 year old nephew..his mom told him she needed to pick something up, and had him come along. When they got there, he saw my car, but it apparently didn't compute. Then he saw into the party room, and lo and behold, there were a bunch of his friends. His first thought? "One of those a******s had a party, and didn't invite me!" Once he saw the banner with his name on it, he started laughing, and realized it was all for him. So, Thor, the confusion route works well for under 50, too!

Ha!  

Surprise parties are tricky.  I had a surprise party here for a friend's wife, and their neighbor showed up the same time she did.  Surprise ruined.

With my 50th, my friend Jim had told me he needed me to be a witness to him signing something at his lawyer's office.  Fine.  On the way there, this "lawyer" called him on his cellphone, and asked him if he would pick him something up to eat somewhere.  I thought that was odd, but figured he and the lawyer were friends or something.  In fact, it was I who suggested a particular restaurant, my favorite Ital place in the area.  Jim said "Good idea".  That, as it turned out, was the restaurant where people were waiting for us to show up. 

To this day, I can't believe I fell for the whole ruse.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I had a surprise 50th birthday party, and my reaction was pretty much the opposite---silent and blank.  I can't imagine shrieking over much of anything.  I'm not even sure my voice would go that high.

Perhaps it would if you were a bender like this twit!
One man gathers what another man spills
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 7:18pm
I like to imagine that after the commercial cuts away following his shriek, he turns into Sasquatch from those beef jerky commercials and goes on a frenzy.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 12:01am

I fart.

I fart loud.

Does it include lumps?

LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 12:02am

I fart.

I fart loud.

Does it include lumps?

Not always - booboojuice/awsomesauce, the last time.  I was lucky - had a roll of TP in the backseat. Pulled over and cleaned up - took awhile, mind you.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 7:21am
People don't ever try and surprise me. Most of my friends know I own guns and always carry a knife though, and I think some of them just don't wanna startle someone who's armed(even though I'd never pull any of my weapons just cause I was startled, it's still a deterrent to some people, heh)
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:32pm
I doubt that most operators are good looking meterosexuals who get dressed up for answering the phone for ten bucks an hour.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic