Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DirecTV discounts to keep you as customer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DirecTV discounts to keep you as customer
    Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 6:08am
This isn't a recommendation but for anyone who has heard about DirecTV giving people discounts to keep them from canceling their subscription.

I had heard about this for a long time, and Consumer Reports had and article about it around 3 months ago. That if you told them you were switching to Dish or something that they would give you a "break" on your account for a few months. Since I was laid off, a few of my friends have suggested I try it before dropping it next month. More than one of them had tried it and it worked, getting anywhere from $20-$40 off their bills. Well, I hate "begging" but I finally called them a while ago. This guy gave me $5 off a month. In fact, at first he said $10 and then went on this spiel to get me to take a movie package and then when summed up what he did, he said it was $5.

I felt like screaming at him. Some of these other people were flat lying, and one lady's son had done 3 times in 5 years. Just pisses me off--what the hell do I have to get a break! It's probably because I'm not some loud, redneck with a dozen sports packages on my account! Even Consumer Reports said they gave better discounts than that, as well as several web sites devoted to the topic.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sponsored Links

Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 11:39am
Direct TV can go f**k itself. When they got greedy a few years back, (they were going to give customers a huge price spike on service) my family and I jumped ship and never looked back. We love our Xfinity. So much better than Direct TV. The only thing Direct TV did better than Xfinity was the Autotune, but the huge price spike wasn't worth it.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 11:18pm
My wife and I are keeping DirecTV for one more month, and then we are getting rid of it.  There's only a few shows I even watch on sh*tty TV anymore, and they are not worth over $100 a month.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic