Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Depression Hurts, Cymbalta can help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debwood1999-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I understand what they're trying to say, and that they are trying to get through to people who are depressed and feel like nobody understands.

But the same damned thing, over and over, especially with that music!

I hear you, Momma.  Thank God for meds.  If not for them, I would not be here now. 

Agreed.  It's not the commercials that irritate me.  It's the depressing music! Thumbs%20Down
Sponsored Links

8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 8:44pm
Post removed at user's request.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 9:18pm
Wow, there certainly are a lot of depressed people on this forum...sadly, I am one of them, too.

Depression really does hurt at times. I used to get weird pains in my body and I didn't know where they came from. I've been suffering from this for 19 years (since I was 10) and for a long time I thought there was something wrong with me or, like my parents thought, I was making myself sad on purpose. It wasn't until two years ago that my doctor finally told me that I have a chemical imbalance in my brain, therefore making me clinically depressed.

I've been on a few medications but right now, I take Bupropion and Sertraline (generic Wellbutrin and Paxil) and they seem to be doing its job. I've been on them for four years and for the first time I feel like I have a handle on things. Sure, some days are better than others but I can honestly say that if it weren't for these meds, Mooch probably wouldn't be here.

This commercial does its best to describe what depression feels like but to those of us who REALLY know, this ad doesn't do it justice.
B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 2:28am
I'm not on anything, but I've had my share of talk therapy over the years (three days on Zoloft and I swore to never let those things enter my body again.)  Anyway, I do fine.  But regarding the commercials...

I HATE them!  The depressing music, the grayish dark wash to the images/shadowy lighting...but worst of all is, did anyone notice that the people at the end don't look any happier than at the beginning?  AFTER supposedly starting their prescription?  Now, I completely understand that you shouldn't be bounding around like a hyper puppy, but a weak smile and sad eyes as opposed to a droopy mouth and sad eyes?  I don't even think they changed the lighting at the end of the commercial.  I fail to see any noticeable improvement in these people or their lives.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic