Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Credit Karma 'Bully' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Credit Karma 'Bully' (video)
    Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:56pm
Confused...I always talk with my friends and coworkers about my credit score, too.
Right.
Good way to get fired out in 'Nerdopolis'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 7:13pm
Their commercials suck, but I'm glad they offer a service that is free.  I'm a 792, PaW.

Care to share your credit score?  I'm kidding dammit! You are a very private person.
Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2...Say what?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:34pm
Monitoring one's own credit score is a good habit if you stand a chance of falling into some form of financial disarray, but these 'combined credit scores' do not really have any bearing on a person's ability to get a loan - it is simply an 'indicator'.
As far as getting the loan, it always all comes back to 'The Big Three' and what each individual credit bureau reports, and how those reports determine what is called a Fair, Issac & Company (otherwise known as 'FICO') decision in regard to your 'credit worthiness'.
Because of the Free Credit Reporting Act, you can get your credit report from each of the 'Big Three' for free, once a year.
The 'Big Three' are:
Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union  

The worst part of all of this is that the 'Big Three' are not legally bound to be anywhere near correct and I guarantee you they could care less. What is wrong on YOUR credit report is YOUR responsibility, not theirs.
YOU have no recourse and THEY ARE SCUMBAGS.
I KNOW this because it was once my business to know aaaaaaand because I've also been an 'identity theft' victim.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:53pm
On my Credit Karma account, the latest dashboard provides my credit scores on both TransUnion and Equifax separately; there is no combined score anymore.  They are updated every 7 days and there is a Credit Factors report which shows what you have on your reports.

I did my income taxes both Federal and State completely free with Credit Karma this year (for 2016).  They just started offering it and it's just as good as TurboTax, Tax Hawk, etc.

You can get your FICO score for free on credit card accounts.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:02pm
Your FICO score for free when you APPLY for something.
There is a process with rather intricate analytical software involved (I'm very familiar with it).
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:05pm
I have several credit card accounts which have access to your current FICO score.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:19am
Discover includes FICO score in the bill each month.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:48am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

The worst part of all of this is that the 'Big Three' are not legally bound to be anywhere near correct and I guarantee you they could care less. What is wrong on YOUR credit report is YOUR responsibility, not theirs.
YOU have no recourse and THEY ARE SCUMBAGS.
I KNOW this because it was once my business to know aaaaaaand because I've also been an 'identity theft' victim.

100% agree.  SCUMBAGS (and that's being nice about it.)

As to identity theft, I often think the best way to combat it is to have an identity nobody wants.
But then, you have to live with it yourself....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic