Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crazy like a fox??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crazy like a fox??
    Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 4:03pm
Crazy like a fool,if anyone believes this crap. We all saw that "work at home" ad with the animated fox.  Has anybody actually checked out that website the fox is talking about?  I have been afraid to,because the commercial seems so vague.  We found out the truth about SMC,and I'm convinced this is a simular racket.  Any thoughts?
I don't push the envelope,I lick it.
Sponsored Links

TomAnderson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomAnderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 4:47pm
Tammy, it's always one of these scams.  You pay them for a book of companies that supposedly you can get work from to do at home.  Then you call the companies that supposedly have this work, and they either don't know what you are talking about, or they lead you to another scam.

Think about it...what could ANYONE with no experience DO at home and get 100k to 200k for?  Aside from possibly selling high margin items--if you're great on the phone--there is little.

I will be honest, years ago when I needed some extra money part time, I almost fell for one of these scams.  The pitch was quite good.

You were contracted to build little circuits at home.  You got paid for each circuit $2.00.  They sent you a sample packet...it was a about 10 resistors, a capacitor or two, etc.  You were not told what it was for.  The idea was you put it together and sent it back to them.  They asked you to do the first one for free to check your skills.  Since I am pretty wicked with a soldering iron and circuits, I figured I could crank out about 10 of these in an hour.  In 1989 especially, that wasn't bad.  You had to pay for postage, but even taking that away you still came out good.

Then I figured out what the catch was.  All your "work" was tested, and if it didn't pass their "tests", the unit was rejected and you were not paid.  So to me it was obvious, they get hundreds of people to assemble these, maybe have a 10% real failure rate, tell all the people they had a 90-100% failure rate, and pay for nothing.  I could see that coming.

No one is going to pay you vast sums of money to do nothing.  If such jobs were available, they would go to their parents, kids, and friends, not to strangers watching TV commercials.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 4:53pm
Post removed at user's request.
TomAnderson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomAnderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 4:58pm
Tammy Turbo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 9:35pm
Thanks for the input.  :)   There should be a law against showing this criminal junk on TV.  :P
I don't push the envelope,I lick it.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 12:41am
To tell you the truth, I don't even click on their sites. Spyware, hackers, etc. I Google so & so complaints or problems first. But really, if you could make those "thousands of dollars working part time", everyone would be doing it.Wacko
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:52am
Just keep in mind the old adage.....

"IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 8:43am
[QUOTE=8 Track Single]I nearly fell for a similar sales pitch advertised in my local papers called Dasaam Company--only I learned that the same letters in the company name also spell Saddam, so I fled.  QUOTE]

Huh? Dasaam = Saddam? Nope, not quite.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by TomAnderson TomAnderson wrote:

http://www.2minutecommute.com/50226711/crazy_like_a_fox_maybe_if_you_fall_for_this.php

For your reading enjoyment.

This is comical. Like a bank robber telling you not to trust a pirate.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
fourstringdrums View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourstringdrums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by TomAnderson TomAnderson wrote:

Tammy, it's always one of these scams.  You pay them for a book of companies that supposedly you can get work from to do at home.  Then you call the companies that supposedly have this work, and they either don't know what you are talking about, or they lead you to another scam.

Think about it...what could ANYONE with no experience DO at home and get 100k to 200k for?  Aside from possibly selling high margin items--if you're great on the phone--there is little.

I will be honest, years ago when I needed some extra money part time, I almost fell for one of these scams.  The pitch was quite good.

You were contracted to build little circuits at home.  You got paid for each circuit $2.00.  They sent you a sample packet...it was a about 10 resistors, a capacitor or two, etc.  You were not told what it was for.  The idea was you put it together and sent it back to them.  They asked you to do the first one for free to check your skills.  Since I am pretty wicked with a soldering iron and circuits, I figured I could crank out about 10 of these in an hour.  In 1989 especially, that wasn't bad.  You had to pay for postage, but even taking that away you still came out good.

Then I figured out what the catch was.  All your "work" was tested, and if it didn't pass their "tests", the unit was rejected and you were not paid.  So to me it was obvious, they get hundreds of people to assemble these, maybe have a 10% real failure rate, tell all the people they had a 90-100% failure rate, and pay for nothing.  I could see that coming.

No one is going to pay you vast sums of money to do nothing.  If such jobs were available, they would go to their parents, kids, and friends, not to strangers watching TV commercials.

Come to find out you were building Nuclear Arms for North Korea.

What I hate about the commercial is the fact that the slogan is "Crazy Like a Fox" and the animal is definitely a Fox, but the web address has wolf in the title *lol*
Dad! The cable is out again CAN YOU FIXTH THIT!?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:02am
I hate that blonde chick with the ponytail, the fat lips & the southern accent who says....

"Ah mayde fahve thayosund dawllers yay-esterday!!"

Everytime I hear that I think to myself.... "Yeah, a thousand blow jobs at five bucks a pop."

Sorry ladies, I know that's gross, but I can't help it.

A.) I despise commercials like this one, &

B.) I'm a typical dirty-minded male pig.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
fourstringdrums View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourstringdrums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:05am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hate that blonde chick with the ponytail, the fat lips & the southern accent who says....

"Ah mayde fahve thayosund dawllers yay-esterday!!"

Everytime I hear that I think to myself.... "Yeah, a thousand blow jobs at five bucks a pop."

Sorry ladies, I know that's gross, but I can't help it.

1.) I despise commercials like this one, &

2.) I'm a typical dirty-minded male pig.

I respect your opinion, but it's wrong to think that she made that money by giving oral sex.

Guys might like the fat lips, but pig tails are easier to hold on to than pony tails.
Dad! The cable is out again CAN YOU FIXTH THIT!?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:13am
I didn't say I really actually thought that, I just said that I made the remark.

I honestly doubt she really made one penny of what she said she did because she's a lying little commercial "actress" bitch just like all the rest of the people in that commercial & all the rest of them.

Once they hired her & agreed to pay her $250 or whatever it was she made for uttering  those few lines, she'd say anything they told her to.

But I do agree about the pigtails.

C'mon, man!
Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:26am
Originally posted by fourstringdrums fourstringdrums wrote:

What I hate about the commercial is the fact that the slogan is "Crazy Like a Fox" and the animal is definitely a Fox, but the web address has wolf in the title *lol*

Let's call him "Wolfie the Fox".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic