Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial with the most annoying song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 10:12pm
I hate the music in the Ford sign and ride ad! It sounds like a crime show theme song.
One man gathers what another man spills
Sponsored Links

Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:22am
The True Car jingle

Fat Asian lady singing old spice

"Yala" nissan rogue commercial

Subway crunch a munch

My ears bleed when any of those come on

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Gotcha all beat.

See also my thread on same...

Oh HELL NO!!!!!!!!

I had to turn it off after the first line of that song. I'm sure glad I don't live in Florida; I'd give myself a hernia running to the TV to mute that ad.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 3:46am
The Nissan ad with the song, "How You Like Me Now!".
The mute button is stamped each time I hear it!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:24pm
^^ That song, Jimmy ... it was fine the first couple times hearing it, but it went WELL beyond wearing out its welcome a long time ago.  I can't even begin to count how many shows, commercials, and other TV spots have used it as their "theme" song so to speak.  It's nauseating Angry

This commercial's song makes my head hurt (aided by the stop motion and egregiously dynamic graphics) and has me racing for the remote, and they just won't goddamn stop airing it here:

"na na na na na nanananana na na"

Boy that indie bitch sure can come up with some thought provoking lyrics!!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:51pm

^  There's another current Verizon commercial with the same red graphics and the same "more everything" theme, but the music is less annoying:

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

The Nissan ad with the song, "How You Like Me Now!".

I was once driving to work, and there was a pickup truck in front of me. In the back window there were "No Fear" and "Tapout" stickers, and on the trailer hitch was a pair of truck testicles. When I saw it, the first thought I had was "Wow, all this guy needs to send my douchemeter into complete and total overload is to have How You Like Me Now blaring out the window".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
UpNorthBob View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpNorthBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 8:41pm
This is definitely not a new commercial, but whenever I think of aggravating music in a commercial, my mind immediately goes directly to that ass-clown singing to his girlfriend - "Oh sweet Lisa -----"
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 9:10pm
The doggies are cute but I'm annoyed to the limits of endurance by the background music in those PetSmart commercials.  It sounds like an autotuned approximation of the background vocals in a Nickelback or Daughtry song (those "oh-oh-ohs").  
Lalu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lalu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 10:50pm
I find this commercial so annoying that I have to switch the channel every time I see it coming on.  Not only does the music give me a headache, but the lyrics are just plain stupid! 

"There's nothing more I can do but sing you, la la lalala, lalalala la lalala lalalala la lala lala."

What the hell does that even mean?!!  Drives me nuts.  And their other commercial with the booming bass distortion makes my brain spin.

If I didn't already have Verizon Wireless, and was introduced to it via these two commercials, I never would have considered getting it.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:00am
Captain Morgan has a new ad with an extremely annoying female "singing" in a monotonous voice during a club Muzak song. I'm sorry people, but if this is what is being considered to be popular today, I'm glad I'm old enough to remember when music was good!
I miss rock music. HipHop, rap, club all sucks!!!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

There are so many.  That Prius nursery-rhyme jingle, combined with the nursery-school animation, is the first that comes to mind.

Second is that song in the Sandals commercial---a mash up between the original Time of Our Lives and the Black-Eyed Peas'.  "We had the time of our lives---do it, do it, do it".

You can thank moneyed hipsters for the Prius drivel. They like that kind of wimpy breathy girl music and those cars are butt fugly.

Any commercial with Mambo number 5 comes to mind though, there are way too many with annoying songs.
I approve this message.
Chillinpat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 7:44pm
I am really surprised that none of you have posted anything about the new McDonalds Filet o'Fish song.  Every single time I hear it, at home, I mute it or switch the channel fast, can't STAND it, the two idiots singing and dancing and the guy "steering" the sub, I wish they all would drown and sink to the bottom of the ocean with this ad, my friends think it's really funny when it comes on at their house, I plug my ears and close my eyes until it's over.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Evil SmileHERE! It's MY turn to abuse.
ShockedI FINALLY found the LYRICS (that I just couldn't understand)
Author/Singer: Patrick K. Hurley
(Lyrics) You wanna come with, I wanna go 
We get to live 
I see ?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Gotcha all beat.

See also my thread on same...

Oh HELL NO!!!!!!!!

I had to turn it off after the first line of that song. I'm sure glad I don't live in Florida; I'd give myself a hernia running to the TV to mute that ad.

OMG

I was hoping the ad would be over or at least someone would come onstage, smash their guitars and ruin their microphones to shut these happy dappy hipsters up!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 12:43am

I FINALLY found the LYRICS (that I just couldn't understand)

We get to live 
I see ?

How profound!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I hate the music in the Ford sign and ride ad! It sounds like a crime show theme song.

If it's the "got me looking for the very best thing" song, yeah I hate it too.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 3:22pm

Evil SmileHERE! It's MY turn to abuse.

ShockedI FINALLY found the LYRICS (that I just couldn't understand)

We get to live 
I see ?

I kind of like that commercial.

You may now throw tomatoes at me.....
"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 10:59pm
I think the Nissan car jumping on train music is hard one to beat. It's awful.

It has RETURNED!
Phoenix_Moon514 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Moon514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 12:32am

His voice... it's so...

Monotone.
“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
― Ayn Rand
Phoenix_Moon514 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Moon514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 12:35am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^ That song, Jimmy ... it was fine the first couple times hearing it, but it went WELL beyond wearing out its welcome a long time ago.  I can't even begin to count how many shows, commercials, and other TV spots have used it as their "theme" song so to speak.  It's nauseating Angry

This commercial's song makes my head hurt (aided by the stop motion and egregiously dynamic graphics) and has me racing for the remote, and they just won't goddamn stop airing it here:

"na na na na na nanananana na na"

Boy that indie bitch sure can come up with some thought provoking lyrics!!

I can see they're trying to copy those T-mobile commercials. Maybe a bit of revenge?
“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
― Ayn Rand
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:51pm

Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

There's a new cat food commercial with a song that goes something like
"I must confess...when I wear this dress...I feel like dancing..the whole night with you"
What the hell does that have to do with cat food?? Not to mention that the singer has a horribly nasal voice...ugh.

^  I see that's for Fancy Feast.  Makes no sense.

Yes!  My vote goes for this awful song!

I musht confesh...when I wear thish dresh...

Ugh, I detest this style of singing!  And I'm always amused when these horrible songs from commercials are available for downloading.  Next time I play my ipod, I can say right out loud:  "Yay!  Now I can listen to the Fancy Feast song whenever I'd like to!!!"  LOLLOL
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

There's a new cat food commercial with a song that goes something like
"I must confess...when I wear this dress...I feel like dancing..the whole night with you"
What the hell does that have to do with cat food?? Not to mention that the singer has a horribly nasal voice...ugh.

^  I see that's for Fancy Feast.  Makes no sense.

ROTFL! So bad it's funny. Sounds like that hipster chick who croaks out the Prius for Everyone song. This style will continue to proliferate as long as the hipsters with their money have their influence in our society.

Yes!  My vote goes for this awful song!

I musht confesh...when I wear thish dresh...

Ugh, I detest this style of singing!  And I'm always amused when these horrible songs from commercials are available for downloading.  Next time I play my ipod, I can say right out loud:  "Yay!  Now I can listen to the Fancy Feast song whenever I'd like to!!!"  LOLLOL
I approve this message.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 6:58pm
No. This one wins. Or loses.

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 10:15pm
Nationwide insurance with that "Kill of the Night" tune. Gin Wigmore is the chicks name. Who the heck ever told this b*tch she could sing? That voice could strip paint!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
  Share Topic