Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial with the most annoying song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:24am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

[QUOTE=Triple J]Expedia. I just... I don't even know. Get it away, just... Christ almighty... Pinch

That horrible piece of Sh*t just played. More silly annoying Hipster girl music.

This D*MN commercial gets me every time...literally. It just aired on NFL Network.

That alarm in the beginning was my default iPhone alarm for the longest time. So when this aired and I wasn't looking at my TV, I immediately look at my phone in confusion. I changed the alarm, but still...I always look at it like I just did.  

...and the spastic song that is playing sucks also!

Off topic - there was an old radio commercial that 'beeped' an iPhone ringing, that was a distraction. Used to hear radio commercials with sirens promoting some accident chasing lawyer firm - So of course I'm looking around to see where the ambulance was...when there was none. Those should be banned! 
------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
Sponsored Links

GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 8:48am
THAT'S NOT A BUICK! 
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 4:05pm
"Color is a beautiful thing..." 
At least there's a little intro to give you a chance to grab the remote.
I do not think much, I do not think often, but when I do think, I think about sex!!
mjk View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 5:46pm
"All About that Bass" was bad enough as the "big hit of 2014." It's even worse in a diaper commercial in 2015.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 5:55pm
That goddamn "Revelry" song in the Jeep ads.. "hey hey hey!"

That human swizzle stick with a big head (I know, I know it's Heidi Klum - big deal) screeching HAPPY BIRTHDAY in the Macy's ads.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 2:22am
I see this one on cable ALL THE TIME.  This doesn't make me want to use the airline, it makes me want to never use the airline.  They would have been better off using some traditional Korean music or even a K-Pop piece, instead of this Aretha Franklin wannabe's yelling like she's in the process of giving birth.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 3:27am
Kohl's. "c'mon everybody and move your feet!!!" The commercial was shown about 100 times last week, it finally ended a few days ago. Got sick of it.

-crainbebo
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)
rageaholic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rageaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by mjk mjk wrote:

"All About that Bass" was bad enough as the "big hit of 2014." It's even worse in a diaper commercial in 2015.

What is it with empowerment songs being so goddamned obnoxious?  I mean, a lot of people like the song because of the message about body image (which is a good one), but I can't get passed the auto tune hell that is the chorus.  You could even remove the chorus entirely and still have a decent sounding song.  
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 5:29am
Originally posted by rageaholic rageaholic wrote:

I mean, a lot of people like the song because of the message about body image (which is a good one),

It's actually not a good message. It simply insults "skinny bitches" and tells a woman her body only matters because of what guys think of it.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by rageaholic rageaholic wrote:

I mean, a lot of people like the song because of the message about body image (which is a good one),

It's actually not a good message. It simply insults "skinny bitches" and tells a woman her body only matters because of what guys think of it.

Speaking of body image songs... I *loved* P!nk's "F ing Perfect" until the adholes turned it into a cosmetics ad.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Kohl's. "c'mon everybody and move your feet!!!" The commercial was shown about 100 times last week, it finally ended a few days ago. Got sick of it.

-crainbebo
OuchI want to hurt small things whenever that damned commercial gets going  - especially when I see the fatazz on the treadmill.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 10:19pm

May I introduce a song that'll make you want to stab your ears!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 3:48am
This one is on my sh*tlist right now.

------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 1:35am
Recently, these two have been... I don't know how else to put it... stabbing me in the ears? I don't know... Ouch 

Microsoft Surface Pro 3:

Red Bull:

blaaaaaah. Dead
BowlingGeek View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 4:17pm
The Lipton bubbles song!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 6:37pm
♫ Mumma, don' let yer bay-bees gro' up ta bee kay-ow boyyyyys guh guyyyyyy a derp dee derrrrrrrrr ♫ Angry

Overplayed, and it always seems to be the short version that jumps right into the chorus, so it gets me EVERY TIME. God, I hate Volkswagen commercials. I don't know what it is about this particular company, but they really know how to push the wrong button for some reason.

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

♫ Mumma, don' let yer bay-bees gro' up ta bee kay-ow boyyyyys guh guyyyyyy a derp dee derrrrrrrrr ♫ Angry

Overplayed, and it always seems to be the short version that jumps right into the chorus, so it gets me EVERY TIME. God, I hate Volkswagen commercials. I don't know what it is about this particular company, but they really know how to push the wrong button for some reason.

I'm pretty sure that this charming young lad is going to be in juvenile detention by the time he's 12 or 13.
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Recently, these two have been... I don't know how else to put it... stabbing me in the ears? I don't know... Ouch 

Red Bull:

blaaaaaah. Dead

That Red Bull/Awolnation video is SO IRRITATING! It is dissonant, maudlin, overly sentimental codas from three different crappy songs all playing at the same time. Awful, though that martial arts kick at 0:18 is amazing.

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 7:13pm
There's some kind of Batman game commercial where somebody says something like "this is the end of the Batman", and then some crappy pop song starts playing. Just terrible.
And the prophet said:
"And lo, the beast looked upon the face of beauty. And it stayed its hand from killing. And from that day it was as one dead".
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 10:54pm
Awful song or gross misuse of a perfectly good song by an advertiser? Not sure which is worse, but in no particular order I just need to get some things off my chest:

*   "The Walker" by Fitz and the Tantrums. You know it because it's the most overused piece of music in commercials right now: "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH OH! HERE WE GO! FEEL IT IN MY SOUL...." and so on. Currently it seems to be on loan to Supercuts (waaay too excited about haircuts, by the way). after shilling for, oh, a million other companies. Not a bad band, not an especially terrible song, but please somebody for god's sake, find a different song!

*  "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders, but unfortunately covered by Stephanie Courtney in her Progressive Flo persona. That "TAKEMEYINNINTO" line she sings at the jarringly sudden beginning of the ad is nails on a chalkboard.

*  "Like a Rock" by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Bob Seger never did go to Kathmandu, and I doubt he ever learned how to spell it right either. I'm not sure if truck ads still use this song, but Bob Seger has the worst voice in the history of sound. He could sing "Happy Birthday" and make it seem like somehow birthdays have always been an agonizing problem for him personally.

*  "Mercy" by Muse from the Arkham Knight video game ads. This winy, overwrought, crybaby bawling is downright embarrassing when layered over Batman kicking the sh*t out of bad guys.

*  "Momsong" by the ladies who sing it in the Old Spice ads. I was absolutely shocked to find out that this monstrosity is a Weiden + Kennedy advertisement. I believe they thought these ads would be funny, but they aren't. They are 100% gross, no debate. If the Old Spice "Momsong" doesn't make you cringe, you might have extensive nerve damage. Go to the hospital now.

*  "Take Back the Power" by The Interrupters from that splashy pink and black T-Mobile ad. What we've got here is a good old fashioned political punk rock-style protest song, something I would normally enjoy were it not in a stupid phone plan ad. It's a case of taking a line from a song out of context and shoehorning it to suit your needs, all the while operating under the delusion that you won't get called out for ignoring the real message of the song. Think of Donald Trump trying to get away with using "Keep on Rockin in the Free World" or Reagan using "Born in the USA". This is a song for running around in the streets throwing rocks at cops, but it has the line "what's your plan" in it, so I guess we're supposed to think it's about cell phone plans. Pathetic. Don't treat potential customers like they're stupid, okay?

*  "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed for Playstation. Remember the Carnival Cruise Line ads that used "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop? Is there any connection between kicking a heroin addiction and taking the family for a cruise to Cancun? Same problem with the Lou Reed song. Really, really inappropriate use of music to sell your crap. It's more of the line out of context and shoehorned to suit our needs problem I went off on above. It's like they don't think anybody pays attention.

*  "The Only Way is Up" by Martin Garrix and Tiësto. In attempting to figure this out I learned that Martin Garrix is a Dutch DJ who was inspired to become a DJ while at a Tiësto concert. I then learned that Tiësto is also a Dutch DJ. I now know more about Dutch DJs than is probably necessary, but I digress. This music is not my taste and I hate it. As for 7-Up I'm not sure if I've ever seen it served without a healthy measure of bourbon added in, and I don't think it would be a good idea to try hydrating yourself with 7-Up if you are in the Nevada dessert tripping on MDMA.

*  "How You Like Me Now" by The Heavy from Nissan ads. Is this band made up of fat guys? I don't know, but this song is more annoying than annoying. How you like me now? I don't, I really don't like you. You can repeat the question as many times as you can in 3 minutes and eighteen seconds, but the answer is always going to be the same. Some of the songs on the list are fine songs that have just been misused. This song is idiot jock anthem crap.

*  "Chicken in a bucket, chicken in the beans" is a ditty sung by Darrell Hammond in the KFC ads where he plays a disturbing Colonel Sanders. Not really a song, per se, but he's singing, and these ads are incredibly stupid, so fair ball! This ad is not for everyone, specifically anyone old enough to remember that Colonel Sanders was a real person who did not behave like a snickering old pervert. That he mentions combining chicken and lemonade implies that KFC doesn't care if their ads make you puke in your mouth a little, and then never eat in their restaurants again.

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 12:43am
I Agree on "How You Like Me Now" - it's awful.

Toby Keith has a great song titled "How Do You Like Me Now" and for a moment I was faked out, thinking that the titles were the same.

deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 9:00am
Any of the Fiber One ads that totally destroy the song "Total Eclipse of he Heart'". Just dastardly
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 7:36pm
Hate Fiber One as well. Yuck!! You should be ashamed, Fiber One, for bas---dizing another great 1980s song.
As for Flo, she needs to *GO AWAY* NOW and get her pink slip/termination from the advertising department. That talking box needs to be thrown into a garbage truck, and those rate suckers need to be shot. Progressive is the 2nd worst advertising department ever, next to Charter.
And that piece of s--t dubstep for Mountain Dew Kickstarter. Disgusting. 

-crainbebo
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 11:53pm
This. So many times this. 

This freakin' gem is back. I've seen it twice today on Comedy Central. How many years has this pile of steaming sh*t been around? If they played this back to back with the happy song, I might have to just move into a cave in the middle of nowhere and call it quits.
'In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus to contribute something to solving overpopulation' - Deutsche Presse Agentur Prince Philiip (1988)
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:01am
Oh my goodness...it's on TV now?! f--k! I thought Kars4Kids loved to annoy me on the radio...when I lived in Seattle, KIRO 710 (ESPN) aired Kars4Kids' nails on a chalkboard jingle quite often...and still does.
I can get KGO and KNBR from San Francisco at night here in WA. Both air Kars4Kids' horrible jingle as well. Hate it.

I don't know what's going through those kids' minds while they are singing that jingle. "Really? I'm spending my time in the recording studio singing a stupid jingle for a car donation company?!"

-crainbebo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic