Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Commercial with the most annoying song
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial with the most annoying song

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
Author
Message
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 55775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 3:31am

Never been a fan of most of Bob Seger's stuff either, Sarge.  Nor Pete Seeger---but that's mainly because he was a Commie.




Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 5862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:





Never been a fan of most of Bob Seger's stuff either, Sarge.  Nor Pete Seeger---but that's mainly because he was a Commie.






I have the Live Bullet CD only because when my car was broken into every CD was stolen except that one. I have always liked Katmandu for the guitar riffs.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 22 Jul 2014
Location: usa
Status: Offline
Points: 582
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:





Never been a fan of most of Bob Seger's stuff either, Sarge.  Nor Pete Seeger---but that's mainly because he was a Commie.







Bob Seger's good stuff.... at least AFAIC... is his less commercial. Songs like "Roll Me Away" and "The Fire Inside." Please pray that no ad agency effs these up for me.
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 5862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 5:47am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:





Never been a fan of most of Bob Seger's stuff either, Sarge.  Nor Pete Seeger---but that's mainly because he was a Commie.







Bob Seger's good stuff.... at least AFAIC... is his less commercial. Songs like "Roll Me Away" and "The Fire Inside." Please pray that no ad agency effs these up for me.

I fear they will. There should be a no season, no limit, plus bounty on AdTards, politicians, and lawyers.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Status: Offline
Points: 1132
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 3:21pm
is that ISIS or ISALS theme song? It sounds like the sound of a call to JIHAD--hate Hate HATE
Back to Top
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Location: cathouse
Status: Offline
Points: 2457
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 4:52am
There are probably others songs that I hate more, but the Salt n Pepa bugs me because it makes no sense to the context of the ad. They are telling people to push objects that people already push on a regular basis. Telling someone to push open a door or push a walk lawn mower is redundant and doesn't make any point about the product.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 5862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

There are probably others songs that I hate more, but the Salt n Pepa bugs me because it makes no sense to the context of the ad. They are telling people to push objects that people already push on a regular basis. Telling someone to push open a door or push a walk lawn mower is redundant and doesn't make any point about the product.

What is the product again?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 21992
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 4:27pm
GEICO.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
Captain Sarcastic View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 7
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Sarcastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 4:33pm
1. Any ad that uses that damned "Ya had a bad day" song. I don't know the name of the song or who sings it, but you know which I'm referring to. There seems to be a new ad every month or so using this lame song.

2. Ad with dorky guy with guitar: "Just wanted you to know; just wanted you to know. Just wanted you to know; just wanted you to know. Just wanted you to know; just wanted you to know. Just wanted you to know; just wanted you to know...." Okay, you get the idea.

3. Any ad using any Philip Phillips song. My God, somebody come up with something original for once. In fact Congress should amend the Constitution to take away Philip Phillip's freedom of speech rights. If they can't or won't, then for the remainder of his term, Obama should focus entirely on issuing Executive Orders on banning Philip Phillips music, banning American Idol singers and alums from ever making any music ever, sending anyone who listens to Philip Phillips music to prison, sending anyone who uses Philip Phillips music in a commercial to prison, and creating a jihad to get Philip Phillips. If this is all Obama does for the next two years, then we can forgive everything he's done over the past six years.
Back to Top
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 693
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Captain Sarcastic Captain Sarcastic wrote:

1. Any ad that uses that damned "Ya had a bad day" song. I don't know the name of the song or who sings it, but you know which I'm referring to. There seems to be a new ad every month or so using this lame song.

2. Ad with dorky guy with guitar: "Just wanted you to know; just wanted you to know. Just wanted you to know; just wanted you to know. Just wanted you to know; just wanted you to know. Just wanted you to know; just wanted you to know...." Okay, you get the idea.

3. Any ad using any Philip Phillips song. My God, somebody come up with something original for once. In fact Congress should amend the Constitution to take away Philip Phillip's freedom of speech rights. If they can't or won't, then for the remainder of his term, Obama should focus entirely on issuing Executive Orders on banning Philip Phillips music, banning American Idol singers and alums from ever making any music ever, sending anyone who listens to Philip Phillips music to prison, sending anyone who uses Philip Phillips music in a commercial to prison, and creating a jihad to get Philip Phillips. If this is all Obama does for the next two years, then we can forgive everything he's done over the past six years.


Re: #3 - I'd take the name "Phillip Phillips" out of there and replace it with "Nicki Minaj." Who was, of course, a judge on American Idol (how, since she can't carry a tune in a bucket and isn't all that great as a rapper either, astounds me). 

By the way, that song you mentioned is "Bad Day" by one-hit wonder Daniel Powter.  Which was popularized because of its use on... American Idol.
Back to Top
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: Aptos, CA
Status: Offline
Points: 3128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 2:51am
I don't HATE Phillip Phillps - his "music" is just so mind-numbingly boring.

I watched the season of Idol he was on - dozens of more talented and entertaining singers would go home, all the while he was singing some boring song the EXACT SAME way he did the week before! Not to mention him having kidney problems every other week.
Back to Top
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009
Status: Online
Points: 429
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 3:59am
This is the perfect thread to repost this blesphemy. It's kind of a song.

And the prophet said:
"And lo, the beast looked upon the face of beauty. And it stayed its hand from killing. And from that day it was as one dead".
Back to Top
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:48am
This song from an ad by Hulu hurts my head. Another member of my "Mute Button All-Stars!"  Pinch

Song is called "Electric Love" by BØRNS... whatever the hell a BØRNS is.

Back to Top
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2014
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 507
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

This song from an ad by Hulu hurts my head. Another member of my "Mute Button All-Stars!"  Pinch

Song is called "Electric Love" by BØRNS... whatever the hell a BØRNS is.


An ottoman from IKEA maybe?
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 55775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:38pm

^  I don't think that's a bad song at all.  I might even consider getting it from iTunes.



Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 5862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:12pm
In the past I merely did not care for AC/DC. Since the Chevrolet Colorado "Back in Black" commercial for some reason has to play 50 times per day, my former indifference to that particular tune has been elevated to pure hatred!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
cheesenado View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Location: Virginia
Status: Offline
Points: 48
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesenado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 5:50pm
Definitely Wayfair's craptastic song that plays a billion times a day.

Also not a fan of Salt & Pepa's "Push It" for GEICO. They look like they should be pushing walkers behind the lawnmower guy.
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 21992
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 7:20pm
The was a Mountain Dew Kickstart commercial with ear scratchingly bad dubstep music! Argh!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 184
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by LeeboKC LeeboKC wrote:

Originally posted by agdzd agdzd wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Gotcha all beat.


See also my thread on same...




I live in Tampa. I F*CKING hateeeeee this commercial. The cheese is strong with this one! Lol
:D


I don't know how this one got past me, but I had not seen or heard it- until here. Somehow missed the thread too.. And it's truly AWFUL!! It ranks way up there.

And it reminds me of the one it shamelessly rips off, which I would rank in the all-time listing of "TV shows with the most annoying theme song":



I couldn't find the version I hate the most- with the cast dancing around and "playing" the instruments while the song plays.

Smoke yes! That Friends title track has to rank up there as one of the worst of all time. I even regrettably heard it at the end of 2007 when I was coming back from Christmas shopping with my sister in Maryland. 
Back to Top
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Status: Offline
Points: 1428
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 7:57pm
I'm watching ION channel today and - god help me. Here's a commercial I haven't seen in a while and was hoping it died or dropped off the face of the planet.

I guess not! I've seen it 4 times so far in the past 90 minutes.

So yep, THIS is still the most annoying song in a commercial in the history of commercials.
At least in the top 5!


------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 5862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 10:13pm
Homewood/Hilton. Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy!
They have recently returned with a vengeance!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 4:10am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I'm watching ION channel today and - god help me. Here's a commercial I haven't seen in a while and was hoping it died or dropped off the face of the planet.

I guess not! I've seen it 4 times so far in the past 90 minutes.

So yep, THIS is still the most annoying song in a commercial in the history of commercials.
At least in the top 5!




Reminds me of the Scardina opera commercials in Baltimore. For some reason I don't find the JW Wentworth commercial that bad. Of course with all the sh*t now out there in commercial land I guess my standards have been lowered. BTW, I kept forgetting one of the most annoying songs overused in bad commercials. That song is "Express Yourself." Now one of my favorite genres of music is 60's soul but this song is by far not one of them. One of the few songs from the golden era I detest. 
I approve this message.
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 55775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 4:17am

Maybe the reason you like 60s soul, but not this song, is that this song isn't 60s soul; it's 70s funk.  Wink

Yeah, I know---picky, picky, picky.  LOL


Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 21992
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 4:30am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Homewood/Hilton. Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-
Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy!
They have recently returned with a vengeance!


Couldn't last a couple of seconds before I turned that s%#t off!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:


Maybe the reason you like 60s soul, but not this song, is that this song isn't 60s soul; it's 70s funk.  Wink

Yeah, I know---picky, picky, picky.  LOL



I was sure the original was by the Isley Brothers and it was a hit 1969 into 1970. I like a lot of 70's funk but doesn't compare to the soul from the 50's and 60's. And the redo in this horrid commercial super sucks!
I approve this message.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.061 seconds.



CIH contains links to videos on YouTube. To watch those clips we disliked most offline, use free tool - Free Video Downloader.