Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Check out this piece of 1985 technology.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check out this piece of 1985 technology.
    Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 5:50am

Way before the iPod, some would listen to their tunes with a crappy Music Vest.  And I thought the Presto Hot Topper was crap.
Sponsored Links

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 8:15pm
Ei. Yi. Yi. Wacko
I wouldn't have been caught DEAD wearing that thing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 8:42pm
LMAOLOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
violetlightning View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote violetlightning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 8:43pm
Someone needs to look up the word "elegant" in the dictionary.

Speaking of audio technology of the 80's, does anyone remember the Talk n Play? I had one, and my Mom gave it away (Angry) and I want it back! There were tapes you would play that had books to go with them, and you could press the colored buttons and different things would happen according to which color you pushed. My favorite tape was "Don't push the red button" with Grover from Sesame Street. Oh, how I loved pushing that red button, just to hear Grover start flipping out! (He really would start losing it after a while. It was great.) At the end of one of the tapes Oscar the Grouch would say "I hope your batteries go dead!" Oh, the 80's.

I found a (very grainy) ad for it here. I love how they refer to the books and tapes as "software".
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 10:27pm
Elegant and versatile?? Dead  LOL   That was really something!  I think I'll try wrapping (rapping?) my upper body in Reynold's Wrap, opening my mouth,  and seeing what radio stations I can pull in.  Shocked
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 12:37am
Anybody remember the "Bone Fone"?
It was this contraption that (I believe) you put over your shoulders, and it was supposed to have bass that resonates through the bones in your upper body & head.

Bone%20Fone%20Radio%20Photo

violetlightning View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote violetlightning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:28am
Originally posted by AngryMcPisseron AngryMcPisseron wrote:

Anybody remember the "Bone Fone"?
It was this contraption that (I believe) you put over your shoulders, and it was supposed to have bass that resonates through the bones in your upper body & head.

Bone%20Fone%20Radio%20Photo

That sounds completely ridiculous. Who would need that? and why would they want it? I went to a performing arts high school, and we had several deaf/hearing impaired students, a few of whom were in the dance department. They could feel the bass in the music just fine without a shoulder contraption.

And doesn't that sound like it would give you a headache? Maybe it was invented by the Excedrin people to boost sales . . .
Orly View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by smittykins smittykins wrote:

I wouldn't have been caught DEAD wearing that thing!

I'll admit it, in 1985 I wore parachute pants and I also thought Prince and the Revolution were awesome... not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.
"I know that human being, and fish can coexist peacefully".
-- G.W. Bush
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:06am
Wow, that thing is truly horrifying... I feel sorry for anyone who felt the need to buy it.
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:53am
Was this for real?  I don't remember it, but I did have a pair of earrings just like the woman was wearing.  The 80's ...what were we thinking?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic