Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chantix - Ray Liotta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chantix - Ray Liotta
    Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:47am
I looked, but I don't any previous posts on these gems. 

Point blank, Ray looks robotic. And he sounds like he has sh*t in his mouth.
...I suspect a side effect from the Chantix?

It just creeps me out.

I prefer this one though.LOL

Sponsored Links

Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:58am
    Creepy and robotic.... like HOW....creepy like a CLOWN ?  Does he AMUSE YOU ??     LOL
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:12am
Actually this is one commercial that has really bothered me for awhile. It's like Ray Liotta wishes to show he's just another human like you or I, yet he has far too much make-up on? Or did they do his eyebrows? It just doesn't seem like him.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:20am
My guess....Awful plastic surgery.  Way, way too much Botox.  His face looks frozen and bloated.  The sad thing is, he had an interesting and unusual appearance  when he was younger.  Whatever he has done in the name of trying to "recapture" that look as he's aged just hasn't worked.  Ouch
CapeCat
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:42am
He's depressed because he really just wants a cigarette.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:17am
Why does he look half asleep? And what's with the long eyelashes? He just plain looks weird!!!

BTW, my sister looked into using chantix, but after I did some research and read some horror stories from users, I convinced her not to.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:19am
This may have been covered elsewhere, buy why do literally ALL drug commercials run in slow motion? Every damn one of them!! There must be a reason. I can't really think of any other type of commercial that does this.
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:22pm
New Zealand says NO  to drug commercials.  Can that ever happen here in the USA?  As I watch the evening news, one after another.  Its crazy.  Please Stop.  I'm begging ya.
There's a sucker born every minute.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

New Zealand says NO  to drug commercials.  Can that ever happen here in the USA?  As I watch the evening news, one after another.  Its crazy.  Please Stop.  I'm begging ya.

Lucky them. So it's just the U.S. now that airs this non stop crap. It's really bad during the evening news (which I have on as I type). CNN has one sometimes 2 during every break.

It's just really bad in general compared to 5, 10 years ago.

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:02am
Right before reading this, they just had Rx commercials on the order of six out of eight spots.

The name Chantix is all too EZ for me to remember. It's similar to the name of an acquaintance whose personality is even more toxic than the cigarettes she smokes. At times, Pavlovian conditioning sucks.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

Why does he look half asleep? And what's with the long eyelashes? He just plain looks weird!!!

BTW, my sister looked into using chantix, but after I did some research and read some horror stories from users, I convinced her not to.

At least cold turkey won't risk the need to respond to a 1-800-BAD DRUG commercial years from now.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:43pm
It's like a horrific train wreck, you can't look away.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Tully Blanchard Tully Blanchard wrote:

He's depressed because he really just wants a cigarette.

that or his career tanked and he had to prop up J-HOE in her latest attempt at 'acting' as
an ongoing role..that should have drove him to heroin
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 5:24pm
Poor old Ray!  He sounds like he has trouble just inhaling enough air to speak.

Nice dog, Ray!

Nice crib, Ray!

Nice wife, Ray!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:56pm
i like how he step staggers throwing the ball in that TINY yard...he just moved up in my ghoul pool!!
ifeelswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifeelswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 1:49pm
It's so people on drugs can follow them.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 11:11pm
The movie "Blow" has been airing on HBO. So now when I see old man Ray with make-up in that flick, I think of Chantix.

flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 4:07pm
It's so they can stretch 30 seconds of video to match the 2 minutes of voice-over. Because they have to review the side effects that your doctor and pharmacist should be talking about anyways.

What gets me is how many Rx ads tell us to "see our ad in (magazine)". Like who the hell is running out and buying the newest issue of Basketweavers Quarterly to read a pharmaceutical ad?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by flychinook flychinook wrote:

It's so they can stretch 30 seconds of video to match the 2 minutes of voice-over. Because they have to review the side effects that your doctor and pharmacist should be talking about anyways...
Indeed.
All the same, one should listen to these side-effects. In one of the newer ads about an injectable medicine, it is strongly suggested one contact their doctor if they encounter parasitic infestations. Might that be one of those mild 'side effects'?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 6:56pm
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 7:05pm
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to stop smoking...

I do like this commercial tho...
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 3:17am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by flychinook flychinook wrote:

It's so they can stretch 30 seconds of video to match the 2 minutes of voice-over. Because they have to review the side effects that your doctor and pharmacist should be talking about anyways...
Indeed.
All the same, one should listen to these side-effects. In one of the newer ads about an injectable medicine, it is strongly suggested one contact their doctor if they encounter parasitic infestations. Might that be one of those mild 'side effects'?
I tried it more than 20 years ago. and it seemed to help. At work since I used prescription drugs in survival kits I received drug alerts. I was caring for my elderly parents and the possible suicidal/homicidal side effects were not acceptable. soon after I was caring for grandkids and still am. Not worth the risk.     
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 4:22am
i think good ol' Ray needs his smokes back--hes literally twitching facially and ticcing all over the new edit of this and 'Boom' not a good catch phrase
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 2:39pm
Has anyone mentioned to him that his Botox is showing? He could probably sell both Chantix and Botox in the same 30 seconds if he wanted...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

boy the evening news and game shows would have NO ads whatsoever!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic